• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, this is pretty late. but first: thanks dude, been using this for some time now, i really appreciate your work.

2. where did you get the snes9x_3ds.elf file from?

did you have to compile it or anything? can you by any chance send me the snes9x_3ds.elf file for snes9x_3ds v 1.10/1.11?

there is only the .elf for 1.00 on your github and i cant find the newer version anywhere. i "could" just use the normal emulator, but i really like having almost all the old games i loved as a kid on the homescreen.

im also asking because i found a forwarder cia for secret of mana 2 on that iso site, which uses snes9x 1.10. and now im interested in updating all the snes9x forwarders i have made from 1.00 to 1.11 for the bugfixes and new features it added.

if you can help me out, thanks in advance. if not then thats fine too, i can wait.

one last question, are you/@Asdolo still working on making a proper gui for this tool?

peace :yay3ds:

Last edited by ShroomKing,

ThatBenderGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you put the banner.bin from the output folder in the input folder or all the items from the output folder in the input folder? (In terms of making a banner)

EDIT:
I figured out I'm supposed to leave the banner.bin in the output folder for the game but after building the cia and installing it it still has the banner with the red screen tv and blank virtual console card.

EDIT:EDIT:
Nevermind figured out my computer needed to be a certain resolution for the automation to work

Last edited by ThatBenderGuy,

Jofe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello I just tried this and for the most part it works perfectly, thank you very much for this tool. However I have a couple small issues that I don't know if it's actually working as intended or not and that is that I can only install one cia at a time. If I try to install another one it overwrites the previous one. Also I couldn't get to work the DSP Firm Dump I try to open it with homebrew and get error 662657030, luckily Snes9x has sound without doing this and I couldn't get to work the banner stuff but I can't live without that.

pilladoll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello I just tried this and for the most part it works perfectly, thank you very much for this tool. However I have a couple small issues that I don't know if it's actually working as intended or not and that is that I can only install one cia at a time. If I try to install another one it overwrites the previous one. Also I couldn't get to work the DSP Firm Dump I try to open it with homebrew and get error 662657030, luckily Snes9x has sound without doing this and I couldn't get to work the banner stuff but I can't live without that.
If you have boot9strap, yo need tu use DSP1.cia for dsp sound.

herrmartell

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey. I love this. Just tried it for the first time, and I'm having a small problem with it.

Cia works fine, sounds works fine, custom border and the icon works too, but then I'm missing label and banner.

What could I be doing wrong? (I can't put images to show you guys how it looks).

herrmartell

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
EDIT:
Nevermind figured out my computer needed to be a certain resolution for the automation to work

This could be the case for me, what resolution are you using to get it working?

EDIT:

Sorry for the double post, couldn't figure out how to delete the other or how to edit it (as you can see, I know how to edit them now).

I read the entire thread and found out you need a resolution of 1366x768 to make the automation bat work. Could help for that to be inside the txt or in the original post.

Also, I'm having weird glitches, for example, I managed to create a CIA for Mega Man X, installed it, then it got replaced by another CIA of Super Castlevania IV. Weirdest thing is, SCIV still had the icon from Mega Man X. After that, I found myself unable to reinstall Mega Man X, and a bunch of other CIAs. I'm getting no errors, they are just not installed.

What could be going on? Thank you.

Last edited by herrmartell,

JacKob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Colombia
The automation runs, but the TV screen has a red screen but everything else is there? Anyway to fix this?

The only way I know is to use Asdolo's SNES Forwarder/Injector to generate a .CIA (for the ROM file, it can be anything, just make sure to put the name/details of the ROM file you were using in OldSNES, same goes for the banner.) then use HackingToolkit3DS to extract RomFS/ExeFS stored in the .CIA generated by the Forwarder/Injector.

Then copy everything stored in ''ExtractedBanner'' and paste it in a random place (can be anywhere, as long as you remember where you placed them.) and also copy the banner.bin and icon.bin stored in ''ExtractedExeFS'' and repeat the process just like with ''ExtractedBanner''.

Once you save the files in a random place, grab the generated .CIA made in OldSNES and extract the RomFS/ExeFS using HackingToolkit3DS (but first, clear everything using ''CleanTool.exe'') then paste the banner files (the ones from ''ExtractedBanner'') into the folder with the same name, repeat process with ''ExtractedExeFS'', rebuild using HackingToolkit3DS, there should be a file named ''XXX_Edited.CIA'' (''XXX'' being whatever name you put.)

Put it on the root of your SD card.

Install with any .CIA Installer.

???

Profit.

(In case this tutorial was a bit too complicated, you should wait for Asdolo to release his New Super Ultimate Injector, as that thing has OldSNES as an Option.)

Last edited by JacKob,

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
The only way I know is to use Asdolo's SNES Forwarder/Injector to generate a .CIA (for the ROM file, it can be anything, just make sure to put the name/details of the ROM file you were using in OldSNES, same goes for the banner.) then use HackingToolkit3DS to extract RomFS/ExeFS stored in the .CIA generated by the Forwarder/Injector.

Then copy everything stored in ''ExtractedBanner'' and paste it in a random place (can be anywhere, as long as you remember where you placed them.) and also copy the banner.bin and icon.bin stored in ''ExtractedExeFS'' and repeat the process just like with ''ExtractedBanner''.

Once you save the files in a random place, grab the generated .CIA made in OldSNES and extract the RomFS/ExeFS using HackingToolkit3DS (but first, clear everything using ''CleanTool.exe'') then paste the banner files (the ones from ''ExtractedBanner'') into the folder with the same name, repeat process with ''ExtractedExeFS'', rebuild using HackingToolkit3DS, there should be a file named ''XXX_Edited.CIA'' (''XXX'' being whatever name you put.)

???

Profit.

(In case this tutorial was a bit too complicated, you should wait for Asdolo to release his New Super Ultimate Injector, as that thing has OldSNES as an Option.)
My NSUI will also be able to inject into Snes9x 1.21.

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

???

Profit.

Can you clarify the using HackingToolkit3ds to extract the RomFS/ExeFS part? Do I use RomFSExtractor or HackingToolkit9ds?

JacKob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Colombia
Can you clarify the using HackingToolkit3ds to extract the RomFS/ExeFS part? Do I use RomFSExtractor or HackingToolkit9ds?

You use HackingToolkit3DS, then you get the .CIA (the one made in OldSNES) and put it where HackingToolkit3DS.exe is, you open HackingToolkit3DS.exe and when the menu shows up, type in CE and type the name of the .CIA file without the extension, bla bla bla, you get the point, just do the same with the one made with asdolo's SNES Forwarder/Injector and put the banner files in the OldSNES one, Rebuild it, install it using FBI, and then go ahead and play. (check my original tutorial for a better explanation)

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You use HackingToolkit3DS, then you get the .CIA (the one made in OldSNES) and put it where HackingToolkit3DS.exe is, you open HackingToolkit3DS.exe and when the menu shows up, type in CE and type the name of the .CIA file without the extension, bla bla bla, you get the point, just do the same with the one made with asdolo's SNES Forwarder/Injector and put the banner files in the OldSNES one, Rebuild it, install it using FBI, and then go ahead and play. (check my original tutorial for a better explanation)
I get an error that says the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on