Hacking [Release] NTRBoot for R4igoldcc,ARDS(EZ),ARDSI

Newtwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey fellas. Taken from my thread.

and I've flashed it and modded 2 of my friends 3DS with it.
Took a bit, but they both eventually read the card fine.

Now I've got 2 other 3DS here, and well, it won't read, period.
I put the card in my 3ds and it recognizes it just fine.

It's baffling and it's giving me a headache.

Am I missing something?
Anywho the 2 3DS in question are:

Old 3DS XL - 11.5
NEW 3DS XL - 11.6

The two I recently modded were :
Old 3DS -11.6
Old 3DS 11.5

Not sure what happened or what is going on, has anyone run into this?
Maybe just reflash to it's stock, and try again?

I have the BLACK AR DSI

Will take a video too, if needed, but the 3DS in question are modded now, so I assume there would be no blocking.
It's strange because the 3DS that aren't reading the ARDSI will still read the DSTWO. (It's a DS flash cart I thought nintendo blocked)

guicrith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting "Not a firmware file" even with original firmware(not ntrboot).

Fixed it, AR tools is just shit, they changed there firmware header without any reason just to change the word "FIRM" to "AR2M".

Last edited by guicrith,

einhuman197

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay fellas, I have a guide for you to flash ntrboot to the Action Replay DSi Cards that were still the same after flashing, basically the incompatible revisions.
First of all: I DID NOTHING TO MAKE THIS WORK! All credits go to @al3x_10m for fixing the bin files to flash and to derrek and profi200 for ardsiflasher! I have the permisson to post this Guide because al3x_10m can't since he has under 10 posts so he is unable to do so.
Also, I'm not responsible for any damage. @al3x_10m isn't either. Proceed all steps correctly, then you should be fine :)

I had an unflashable Action Replay DSi that some other people here also reported. After I flashed it "sucessfully", it still was like before, without ntrboot. Nothing changed. So, I contacted him, we tried different things. The thing he was most suprised of is that the ardsi-firmware-updater said my card is no Action Replay DSi. So, after a few days he told me he fixed it, saying that CodeManager failed to write it. He brought an alternative method including the needed files that I'll attach below.
Heres the Guide:
0) You'll need a 64bit Linux System. If you don't have Linux installed, simply use a Live DVD session of Ubuntu.
1) Download the ARDSiNTRBoot.zip and extract it.
2) Open Terminal in the folder you extracted it to (SHIFT+Right click in the Folder -> Open In Terminal; For Ubuntu at least)
3) type the following commands:
Code:
sudo apt install libusb-1.0-0-dev
and Install the package.
4) Plug in your Action Replay DSi into your powered on 3DS and plug in the cable to your PC. The ARDSi doesn't have a header but you'll notice that it was inserted correctly when the pointer around the game card icon jumps to it.For this to check, you first have to choose another app, but don't start it of course. After you push it in, it'll jump to the card icon. If you have luma, it'll have a white header
5) In the Terminal, type
Code:
sudo chmod +x ardsiflash
to make the program executable.
6) Time to flash :)
Type the following into Terminal
Code:
sudo ./ardsiflash -w ardsidumpntr.bin
And Press Enter. It'll take around 30-45 seconds to complete. Don't touch your card or you'll likely brick your card!
I had problems with my usb 3 port, causing errors like
~/Downloads/ardsiflash$ sudo ./ardsiflash -w ardsidumpntr.bin
libusb: error [_get_usbfs_fd] libusb couldn't open USB device /dev/bus/usb/004/022: Broken pipe
Failed to open device.
Action Replay DSi not found.
Just try it with an usb 2 port, that worked for me
7) When Terminal tells you the flashing was sucessful, power off your 3DS. Remove the cable.

And done, you have a working ARDSi with ntrboot!! :)
It'll load your ntrboot.firm file from SD with the standard key combo during startup.

If you want to flash it back to orginal condition, you first have to download and extract ARDSibacktostock.zip. copy the bin to the folder where your ardsiflash executable is. Follow step 2 and 4, but use the following command this time:
Code:
sudo ./ardsiflash -w ardsidumporig.bin

Attachments

• ARDSiNTRBoot.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 442
  • ARDSibacktostock.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 355
Last edited by einhuman197,
Reactions: Aliceloveszubats
D

Deleted User

Okay fellas, I have a guide for you to flash ntrboot to the Action Replay DSi Cards that were still the same after flashing, basically the incompatible revisions.
First of all: I DID NOTHING TO MAKE THIS WORK! All credits go to @al3x_10m for fixing the bin files to flash and to derrek and profi200 for ardsiflasher! I have the permisson to post this Guide because al3x_10m can't since he has under 10 posts so he is unable to do so.
Also, I'm not responsible for any damage. @al3x_10m isn't either. Proceed all steps correctly, then you should be fine :)

I had an unflashable Action Replay DSi that some other people here also reported. After I flashed it "sucessfully", it still was like before, without ntrboot. Nothing changed. So, I contacted him, we tried different things. The thing he was most suprised of is that the ardsi-firmware-updater said my card is no Action Replay DSi. So, after a few days he told me he fixed it, saying that CodeManager failed to write it. He brought an alternative method including the needed files that I'll attach below.
Heres the Guide:
0) You'll need a 64bit Linux System. If you don't have Linux installed, simply use a Live DVD session of Ubuntu.
1) Download the ARDSiNTRBoot.zip and extract it.
2) Open Terminal in the folder you extracted it to (SHIFT+Right click in the Folder -> Open In Terminal; For Ubuntu at least)
3) type the following commands:
Code:
sudo apt install libusb-1.0-0-dev
and Install the package.
4) Plug in your Action Replay DSi into your powered on 3DS and plug in the cable to your PC. The ARDSi doesn't have a header but you'll notice that it was inserted correctly when the pointer around the game card icon jumps to it.For this to check, you first have to choose another app, but don't start it of course. After you push it in, it'll jump to the card icon. If you have luma, it'll have a white header
5) In the Terminal, type
Code:
sudo chmod +x ardsiflash
to make the program executable.
6) Time to flash :)
Type the following into Terminal
Code:
And Press Enter. It'll take around 30-45 seconds to complete. Don't touch your card or you'll likely brick your card!
I had problems with my usb 3 port, causing errors like

Just try it with an usb 2 port, that worked for me
7) When Terminal tells you the flashing was sucessful, power off your 3DS. Remove the cable.

And done, you have a working ARDSi with ntrboot!! :)
It'll load your ntrboot.firm file from SD with the standard key combo during startup.

If you want to flash it back to orginal condition, you first have to download and extract ARDSibacktostock.zip. copy the bin to the folder where your ardsiflash executable is. Follow step 2 and 4, but use the following command this time:
Code:
What color label does your ARDSi have?

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. I got a used ARDSi. But sadly, I thought I had a USB Cable that was compatible with it and I don't. So for right now, I can't do the hack until I can get said cable :(

EDIT: What is the name of the USB Plug required for the ARDS/DSi?

Last edited by CyberTails,

einhuman197

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What color label does your ARDSi have?

These other revisions look the same like the working ones, so you can't really tell the difference.
692254d93fdc568db1de54727f8eeca3.jpg
e467e1552decab3516bbd8391e62f74b.jpg

Well. I got a used ARDSi. But sadly, I thought I had a USB Cable that was compatible with it and I don't. So for right now, I can't do the hack until I can get said cable :(

EDIT: What is the name of the USB Plug required for the ARDS/DSi?

Look at eBay, there are several cables when you search "action replay dsi replacement cable"

Last edited by einhuman197,

jamezfat

Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
hrmmm, im attempting to use a ardsi on a new 2dsxl but, its not going to well.

first of all, an action replay dsi doesn't fit into the 2dsxl without cutting apart the cards shell.
second of all; after making absolute sure that the card is being read correctly, and doing the button combo it only boots to the home menu, and refuses to even recognize the card unless the system is reset.

third of all; there really is no third of all, as i've yet to get over the second hurdle.

any help?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no sd

Welcome to the new Cubic Ninja, by the way.
Hopefully people have plenty. :3
P1odgxs.png
wait, no...

i just chopped mine up ;-;

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hrmmm, im attempting to use a ardsi on a new 2dsxl but, its not going to well.

first of all, an action replay dsi doesn't fit into the 2dsxl without cutting apart the cards shell.
second of all; after making absolute sure that the card is being read correctly, and doing the button combo it only boots to the home menu, and refuses to even recognize the card unless the system is reset.

third of all; there really is no third of all, as i've yet to get over the second hurdle.

any help?

wait, no...

i just chopped mine up ;-;
really? it took you 2 months to actually see that? Besides, thats shown for the cards that are still in factory packaging.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yup, i was just scrolling through old posts hoping someone had a simmilar problem, and was scarred that i just threw out a chunk of cash...
I dont believe non packages ones will catch that nice of price. But it is nice that ntrboothax was made for these as I do have one sitting round i hit my o3ds with.

jamezfat

Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
yup, i was just scrolling through old posts hoping someone had a simmilar problem, and was scared that i just threw out a chunk of cash...

I dont believe non packages ones will catch that nice of price. But it is nice that ntrboothax was made for these as I do have one sitting round i hit my o3ds with.
ahh.

what color is yours? i have ethe yellow one, and im trying desperately to get it to work...

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ahh.

what color is yours? i have ethe yellow one, and im trying desperately to get it to work...
Mine is black as such with the picture einhuman197 posted and has a microsd card slot, the back doesnt have anything on it where that pic shows that thing crossed out.

Reactions: jamezfat

jamezfat

Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
hmm, i'm still not sure what i am doing wrong, but ive re flashed it multiple times now, and i've attempted to install b9s on multiple systems no.
(new2dsxl/og2ds)
its the yellow label ver. of the cart and i'm using the most up to date code manager software...
at first i thought that the system was just not reading the card correctly, as it was finicky in displaying it on the home menu.
i've started the process over many times now, but alas no results...
if anyone can point me in the right direction, id very much appreciate.

D

Deleted User

hmm, i'm still not sure what i am doing wrong, but ive re flashed it multiple times now, and i've attempted to install b9s on multiple systems no.
(new2dsxl/og2ds)
its the yellow label ver. of the cart and i'm using the most up to date code manager software...
at first i thought that the system was just not reading the card correctly, as it was finicky in displaying it on the home menu.
i've started the process over many times now, but alas no results...
if anyone can point me in the right direction, id very much appreciate.
If you read the thread, you'd know the yellow one doesn't work.

Unfortunately, the new solution also doesn't work for yellow cards.

These other revisions look the same like the working ones, so you can't really tell the difference.
692254d93fdc568db1de54727f8eeca3.jpg
e467e1552decab3516bbd8391e62f74b.jpg

Look at eBay, there are several cables when you search "action replay dsi replacement cable"
Damn. I was hoping this would be a solution for the yellow cards, but it's not.

Reactions: jamezfat

jamezfat

Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
If you read the thread, you'd know the yellow one doesn't work.

Unfortunately, the new solution also doesn't work for yellow cards.

Damn. I was hoping this would be a solution for the yellow cards, but it's not.
oof, I completely missed that.
well that kinda sucks, oh well thanks for clearing that up tho ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over