ROM Hack [Release] NTR Plugin Manager

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been trying to make this work and driving myself insane. A tutorial on how to install and get the NTR cheats working for us noobs would be amazing.

Lalapaloozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to make this work and driving myself insane. A tutorial on how to install and get the NTR cheats working for us noobs would be amazing.
I was a little confused at first but eventually figured it out so hopefully this helps you and others too.

1. Download and install DevKitPRO.
2. Download and install VCRedist2015 from Nanquitas' OP link.
3. Download NTR Plugin manager.7z from the OP.
4. I'm assuming you're using windows so go to your search bar and type in "environment variables". You may have two options.
4a. One may say "edit system environment variables", which you'll have to click on, then look at the very bottom right of the new window and click on the button that says "Environment Variables". A new window will pop up and have on the left side "Variables". Double click OR highlight and press "edit" on the one that says "PATH". Press on the "New" button and type in "C:\devkitPro\msys\bin" or if you installed it to a different drive, replace "C:" with whatever drive its on. Press "Ok" and then on the next window hit "Apply" and then "Ok" again.
4b. If you searched and click on the option that simply says "edit environment variables for your account" you'll pretty much skip most of 4a and end up right at the window that has the "Variables" listed on the top left and you'll just have to double click or highlight and press "edit" on the one that says "PATH". Press on the "New" button and type in "C:\devkitPro\msys\bin" or if you installed it to a different drive, replace "C:" with whatever drive its on. Hit "Ok" and you're set.
5. Now, extract the contents of the "NTR Plugin Manager" to a folder of your choice (I created one on my desktop).
6. Open the "Release" folder and find "NTRPluginManager.exe". Launch it.
7. Look at the top right of the program. You should see a gear icon, click on it and you'll see some options available.
8. Name the folders that the program will create for A. Looking for .txt files of gateshark codes and B. where the NTR plugin version of whatever gateshark codes you decide to convert, will be placed in. I named my first one "Gateshark Codes" and second one "NTR Plugins". You can leave the "enter the name you want on the plugin" blank OR just put "cheat". Save your settings.
9. Go on fort42 and make an account if you don't already have one. Find the game of your choice (make sure you have the correct region for your game!) and click on the "Download Codes" option that should be displayed as soon as you click on your game. It will download a .txt of the codes listed for that game.
10. Find the .txt of the game you just downloaded. Navigate to your "NTR Plugin Manager" folder. Open the "Releases" again. You should have two new folders with whatever names you decided upon. Place the .txt files in the folder that you made for the first option or the "path to look for text files" folder. Mine was "Gateshark Codes".
11. Launch the "NTRPluginManager.exe" again (if its not already launched) and look on the right side of the program. You should see two arrows making a circle aka the refresh button (herp). Click on that and now you should now see your game(s) listed in the manager (h-hopefully) :rolleyes:.
12. Double click the game(s) of your choice and a new "tab" should appear near the top next to "Home". Click on the game, edit your cheats, rearrange them, add notes, create folders to organize them and whatever else you like. At the very right, hit "Save the changes" and then click on the gear icon right under it and either "Convert this file only" or if you're doing multiple files, click on "Actions" at the very top right and click on "Convert All Plugins NORMAL MODE". Make sure you have the games, whose cheats you want converted, checkmarked on the left and then hit "Start". You now have the plugin!
13. Navigate to the second folder that was created by the manager or the "path for generated plugins". If you refer to my step 8, I named the folder that would receive the converted Gateshark code files as "NTR Plugins". Take the folder thats in your second folder and simply place it in your "plugins" folder on the root of your 3DS' SD card.
14. Go back to your 3DS, launch NTR using Nanquitas' NTRBootSelector (found on his sig) and use any version. Launch the game of your choice and on the "Nintendo 3DS" launch screen, your screen should become green for a moment or two during the loading and then you'll know its working :D. If not, go back to the BootSelector and load a different version until you get this buggy green screen during the game's launch.
15. If you successfully got the buggy green screen during launch, all you have to do is press "Select" to start up your plugin and cheat to your heart's content. Cheers! :grog:

If theres anything wrong with my guide, please feel free to let me know! I'll fix it as soon as I can and I really hope this helps anyone who wants to use this beautiful piece of work :shy:. Thank you so much Nanquitas! Its a really easy to use program. The only thing I wish it had was the ability to edit previous plugins because your MHGen's cheat screen is just too beautiful to not have Q_Q but I know this is program is not for that xD still really wonderful, now I don't have a clutter of cheats I never use!

Last edited by Lalapaloozer,

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Blootie : Wow ! :blink:

Thank you for all the writing, many people will like it. Do you mind if I quote your post on the first post ?

Just a little thing:

11. Launch the "NTRPluginManager.exe" again (if its not already launched) and then go back to your "settings" or the gear icon on the top right. Click "Update Database". You should now see your game(s) listed in the manager :rolleyes:.
Update the database is for downloading the database from 3DSDB, if you just want to refresh your files list, use the refresh button on the right of the window, in Home tab. ;)

Last edited by Nanquitas,
Reactions: Lalapaloozer

Lalapaloozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh you're right! I didn't realize the "Update Database" updated the actual database, I thought it simply meant your own "custom database" hehehe. But I just used the refresh function and that also works xD. Thank you for the feedback :) editing it now and of course you can quote it! I'm glad that I was able to help :wub:

Reactions: Nanquitas

AlphaSapphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was a little confused at first but eventually figured it out so hopefully this helps you and others too.

1. Download and install DevKitPRO.
2. Download and install VCRedist2015 from Nanquitas' OP link.
3. Download NTR Plugin manager.7z from the OP.
4. I'm assuming you're using windows so go to your search bar and type in "environment variables". You may have two options.
4a. One may say "edit system environment variables", which you'll have to click on, then look at the very bottom right of the new window and click on the button that says "Environment Variables". A new window will pop up and have on the left side "Variables". Double click OR highlight and press "edit" on the one that says "PATH". Press on the "New" button and type in "C:\devkitPro\msys\bin" or if you installed it to a different drive, replace "C:" with whatever drive its on. Press "Ok" and then on the next window hit "Apply" and then "Ok" again.
4b. If you searched and click on the option that simply says "edit environment variables for your account" you'll pretty much skip most of 4a and end up right at the window that has the "Variables" listed on the top left and you'll just have to double click or highlight and press "edit" on the one that says "PATH". Press on the "New" button and type in "C:\devkitPro\msys\bin" or if you installed it to a different drive, replace "C:" with whatever drive its on. Hit "Ok" and you're set.
5. Now, extract the contents of the "NTR Plugin Manager" to a folder of your choice (I created one on my desktop).
6. Open the "Release" folder and find "NTRPluginManager.exe". Launch it.
7. Look at the top right of the program. You should see a gear icon, click on it and you'll see some options available.
8. Name the folders that the program will create for A. Looking for .txt files of gateshark codes and B. where the NTR plugin version of whatever gateshark codes you decide to convert, will be placed in. I named my first one "Gateshark Codes" and second one "NTR Plugins". You can leave the "enter the name you want on the plugin" blank OR just put "cheat". Save your settings.
9. Go on fort42 and make an account if you don't already have one. Find the game of your choice (make sure you have the correct region for your game!) and click on the "Download Codes" option that should be displayed as soon as you click on your game. It will download a .txt of the codes listed for that game.
10. Find the .txt of the game you just downloaded. Navigate to your "NTR Plugin Manager" folder. Open the "Releases" again. You should have two new folders with whatever names you decided upon. Place the .txt files in the folder that you made for the first option or the "path to look for text files" folder. Mine was "Gateshark Codes".
11. Launch the "NTRPluginManager.exe" again (if its not already launched) and look on the right side of the program. You should see two arrows making a circle aka the refresh button (herp). Click on that and now you should now see your game(s) listed in the manager (h-hopefully) :rolleyes:.
12. Double click the game(s) of your choice and a new "tab" should appear near the top next to "Home". Click on the game, edit your cheats, rearrange them, add notes, create folders to organize them and whatever else you like. At the very right, hit "Save the changes" and then click on the gear icon right under it and either "Convert this file only" or if you're doing multiple files, click on "Actions" at the very top right and click on "Convert All Plugins NORMAL MODE". Make sure you have the games, whose cheats you want converted, checkmarked on the left and then hit "Start". You now have the plugin!
13. Navigate to the second folder that was created by the manager or the "path for generated plugins". If you refer to my step 8, I named the folder that would receive the converted Gateshark code files as "NTR Plugins". Take the folder thats in your second folder and simply place it in your "plugins" folder on the root of your 3DS' SD card.
14. Go back to your 3DS, launch NTR using Nanquitas' NTRBootSelector (found on his sig) and use any version. Launch the game of your choice and on the "Nintendo 3DS" launch screen, your screen should become green for a moment or two during the loading and then you'll know its working :D. If not, go back to the BootSelector and load a different version until you get this buggy green screen during the game's launch.
15. If you successfully got the buggy green screen during launch, all you have to do is press "Select" to start up your plugin and cheat to your heart's content. Cheers! :grog:

If theres anything wrong with my guide, please feel free to let me know! I'll fix it as soon as I can and I really hope this helps anyone who wants to use this beautiful piece of work :shy:. Thank you so much Nanquitas! Its a really easy to use program. The only thing I wish it had was the ability to edit previous plugins because your MHGen's cheat screen is just too beautiful to not have Q_Q but I know this is program is not for that xD still really wonderful, now I don't have a clutter of cheats I never use!
can u make a video tutorial

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Going.