Hacking [Release] NTR Debugger 2 (with source) - the first public real-time debugger for N3DS

Mr.???

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that post already. But Thank you for being the person to at least try and help me. everyone would ignore me so thank you

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've managed to recreate the multiplatform port, and managed to optimize a few things though there's likely no noticeable speed difference though the program is now properly threaded.
I'll post a thread later about it, including source etc.. Just saying if anyone was wondering.

athairus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When launching and playing OoT, it seems the OS turns off Wi-Fi, probably to save battery power. Obviously this disconnects the active debug session. Going into the home menu while the game's still running and launching the web browser will turn the Wi-Fi back on, at least until a few seconds after you close the browser. Is there any workaround for this?

Also, I saw the excellent post on page 3 that laid out some useful commands. The best thing about that screenshot was it showed the proper syntax (they're to be called as functions, what arguments they needed) to actually run these commands. If you get it wrong all you get is a useless stack trace. Maybe I'd get it if I read through the source. It'd be nice if it were explained in the interactive session.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guy are full of crap. There us no tutorial about how to use this and every text tutorial is unclear. To be fucking honest there isn't a tutorial on the damn page. it just talks about the features. can everyone quit being a bunch of duchebags and freaking tell the some of us who are having a hard time and give a VIDEO tutorial. Oh and don't tell me that the way to use this tool is to JUST install NTR like the other asshole i asked. PLZ dont be like the other dicks.I'm sorry for all the rude post but i have been at this for awhile and still no results.PLZ send a VIDEO tutorial as soon as possible

There doesn't need to be a tutorial for this. If you read around the forum you'd find these guides you're looking for. No one has made a video tutorial because there aren't enough people using the debugger on the NTR firmware.. Why don't you do it?

Reactions: omegapirate

omegapirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I must be blind or something but I can't seem to find a readme file anywhere.

I've been working with ntr debugger since today but seriously I can't find the readme file everyone talks about xD

I can connect, dump memory and other stuff but can't find the readme file xD

Either there is no readme file or people are inventing things xD

Someone in reddit:
The readme also says:"memlayout command should be used when the application is suspended, close application after using this command."

What readme is he referring to? xD

Thanks in advance

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lol i just googled that phrase and i got the "readme" here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntr-debugger-v1-0-0.374136/

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When launching and playing OoT, it seems the OS turns off Wi-Fi, probably to save battery power. Obviously this disconnects the active debug session. Going into the home menu while the game's still running and launching the web browser will turn the Wi-Fi back on, at least until a few seconds after you close the browser. Is there any workaround for this?

Also, I saw the excellent post on page 3 that laid out some useful commands. The best thing about that screenshot was it showed the proper syntax (they're to be called as functions, what arguments they needed) to actually run these commands. If you get it wrong all you get is a useless stack trace. Maybe I'd get it if I read through the source. It'd be nice if it were explained in the interactive session.
I am looking for a workaround for this too. it won't let me connect to OoT3D with the debugger. i have it enabled in the ntr menu but when i actually try to connect it fails every time because the 3DS disconnects wifi when i open it.

D

Deleted User

I can't find the ntrclient.exe so I can't start the Debugger i used the latest GitHub build but can't find it. Can someone Upload a working package ?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am looking for a workaround for this too. it won't let me connect to OoT3D with the debugger. i have it enabled in the ntr menu but when i actually try to connect it fails every time because the 3DS disconnects wifi when i open it.

Use this command before running OoT with NTRViewer: write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a)

barky65

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all. I'm loving this! I'm having a problem with internet play with video streaming however (mh4u if it matters). I cant seem to stay connected to the monster hunter game if I make it into a room, disconnects on me. Is there a work around for this? Or am I stuck only being able to video stream in offline games?

Altr0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for late reply, I issued this command
Code:
attachprocess(0x29)
and that brings up the aforementioned error.
Tried this:
Code:
attachprocess(pid=0x29)
doesn't do anything
I guess you have to attach the debugger to the process as a first step to breakpoints a code?
Edit: I have tried this command:
Code:
ttachprocess(pid=29)
and it seems to attach:
Code:
buf: 07001000, size: 0000e000
recommend pc:
001403cc
recommend lr:
remotePC: 001403cc
will listen at port 5029
Not sure what to do from here, although I did tried the command "bpadd(0x16D32EC4)" and that dreaded memory error occur.
Code:
freeid: 1
rtCheckRemoteMemoryRegionSafeForWrite failed :d8e007f5
init breakpoint failed.
To bad there is no tutorial on how to use breakpoint or it's command set.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am attempting to attach to a running game and am getting the same exact error, even when I specify an address in the proper memory region. I'm at my wits end with this issue.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any guides to getting started on using this? The readme barely tells you anything and I''m a bit lost figuring out myself.

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the program doesnt start at all for me.. w7 net framework4.5(if that matters) i dont have any other phyton stuff on it.. do i need more then this?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that one works, but i dont want video streaming. i want to search code with the debugger for science and shit you know (hacking ofcourse)
Kit-Kat doesn't just stream. It can dump processes too...... It's basically an all-in-one NTR application. You can use the debugger, streaming, rebuilding, redirection and even network installs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE