Hacking [Release]NTR CFW 3.2 with experimental Real-Time Save feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is Regionfree-plugin a separate download or something, along with LayeredFS?

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does a physical cart of a game that is 9.7 firmware work on 9.2 sysnand?
I'm trying to use this fan translation patch for this game https://gbatemp.net/threads/v1-release-fire-emblem-if-english-translation.392136/

The actual updated thread is here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55595&page=1

and using NTR_CFW and Pastacfw + NTR to try to run it but I get a infinite 3ds loading screen
and i've been told that it should work, and i've also been told that since it's a 9.7 firmware game that it won't work at all, won't work with pasta nor ntr_cfw.

Though the person that created that thread says that it should work with the physical cart of the game with ntr_cfw along with the files they provided, but i'm starting to doubt that as i've been trying since yesterday to do so, even formatting the 3ds and SD card and starting over again.

I know a cia version works on a emuNAND and Pasta+NTR.

Anyone able to help?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also why does my NTR every other time get stuck on Freeing Memory?

Last edited by Xanek,

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to "patch sys-apps" to run physical carts that require 9.7 firmware on a N3DS? Someone told me they did so to run Fire emblem if (a 9.7.0-20J firmware game) to run on PastaCFW+NTR...

Wouldn't such a thing (if it exists) be a big step for N3DS cfw and be implemented?
Only >=9.5 firmware physical carts work with CFW on N3DS correct?

Said person is refusing to show proof that what I said above works.

Last edited by Xanek,

DJPlayer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it possible to "patch sys-apps" to run physical carts that require 9.7 firmware on a N3DS? Someone told me they did so to run Fire emblem if (a 9.7.0-20J firmware game) to run on PastaCFW+NTR...

Wouldn't such a thing (if it exists) be a big step for N3DS cfw and be implemented?
Only >=9.5 firmware physical carts work with CFW on N3DS correct?

Said person is refusing to show proof that what I said above works.

Have you heard about the "magic" called "FIRMLAUNCH"?
Sure you can use physical Carts that needs higher firmwares on lower firmwares like 9.2.
there should be already a NTR_CFW version that supports Firmlaunch, not sure if there's a public version of it or not. Who knows`?
Otherwise, ask some devs

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cell9 is this true? Is there a NTR_CFW version that supports firmlaunch or no? I remember you mentioning earlier in the PastaCFW thread that firmlaunch DOES NOT WORK with NTR_CFW 2.2
nope, I haven't put the any protection for that. the reason the NTR is refused to launch is that the NTR loader could not get the required kernel access in the new FIRM. NTR could not solve this issue.

Is there a version available that allows firmlaunch to work with ntr_cfw, or is this false?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@DJPlayer you even said to run the game without firmlaunch in the serenesforest thread... so did you make a "mistake"?
NTR_CFW 2.2 won't even launch if firmlaunch is enabled in PastaCFW, as stated in the above quote.. so unless you got some kind of "magic" that made it so NTR 2.2 works with firmlaunch, then i'm still not really buying it.

I requested a video, and you even put in the post of that thread there would be a video demonstrating how to set it up

Hell, even with just firmlaunch, you can't even run the physical cart of the game, even with the free-multi-patcher or eshop spoofer because it'll ask you update to the latest firmware...... so..???

Last edited by Xanek,

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, do you know why I don't want to help you?
I've no intention to create a Tutorial Video
Because there are people in that thread that actually have this problem other than me? You've ignored their posts?

Anyways you're uncooperative to actually showing any kind of evidence that it works.

Oh, also it takes about >10 minutes to actually set it all up, so nice to know you're unable to do so

@cell9 is there a ntr_cfw that runs physical carts of 9.7firmware on a N3DS with PastaCFW's firmlaunch?

Last edited by Xanek,

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By reading the instructions maybe? :P
I'm on the github page of layeredFS and it i've downloaded devkitarm r44 and I don't see a build_layeredfs.bat... did I download something wrong? lol

Or is there instructions somewhere that i'm not seeing?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Will this work with NINJHAX 2.0 firmware 9.9?
Short answer:

No.

Long answer:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

D

Deleted User

Short answer:

No.

Long answer:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Ok. Wish it wasn't so hard finding a N3DS with firmware 9.2 anymore.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are the Cheat Plugins available for NTR 1.0 compatible with the new version? I'm planning on making some of these for my games but I can't use the CFW yet because don't have CN yet

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Short answer:

No.

Long answer:
You seem pretty confident in your answer. Is there any particular reason why NTR can't be adapted for use with Ninjhax2.0?

The reason CFWs like Pasta and reiNAND, and apps like FBI don't work under Ninjhax2.0 is because the arm9 exploits they require were patched from 9.3 onwards.

NTR however doesn't use any arm9, it's all arm 11. So why couldn't it be updated for systems running 9.3+ sysNAND?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol