Hacking [Release]NTR CFW 3.2 with experimental Real-Time Save feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both of them are pretty much self-contained, so I wouldn't see why there would be cross contamination issues. I booted Fire Emblem in NTR and took a bunch of screenshots with the CFW menu, and after resetting the 3DS, I booted into my 9.5J emunand. That said, I have not tried booting each other off CFW/Emunand, and I don't particularly want to try, either.

Edit: Speaking of screenshots, will you be refining the feature more, cell? It's pretty sweet, but since it dumps separate images of top and bottom on the root of the card, it can get cluttered pretty quick. Maybe put them in the DCIM folder?

Johnny Dunlop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both of them are pretty much self-contained, so I wouldn't see why there would be cross contamination issues. I booted Fire Emblem in NTR and took a bunch of screenshots with the CFW menu, and after resetting the 3DS, I booted into my 9.5J emunand. That said, I have not tried booting each other off CFW/Emunand, and I don't particularly want to try, either.

I assume you mean you havent tried booting CFW from emunand or emunand from CFW? thats fine.. no real need to do that.

Good enough for me! I will test tomorrow. Thanks!

Reactions: Click This

Lucky16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In short, useless cfw (DarkAlex, C4eva lol on it for sure).

This is, to the best of my knowledge, the only way of backing up and restoring save files that use the newer (6.0+ I think?) save encryption method between multiple retail copies of the same game, if you created your save file on sysnand rather than using a Gateway. I've been waiting for this since Pokemon X/Y came out, over a year ago, because PowerSaves only protects against corruption, accidental deletion, etc., whereas proper decrypted save backup also protects against loss/theft/anything else that means you have to get a new copy of the game.

This is NOT useless. As far as I'm concerned, it's the furthest thing from useless of any 3DS hacking release so far, and I'm very much looking forward to when it's available for the old 3DS as well. It may not suit your purposes, but that does not make it useless.

Reactions: Margen67

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While the ntr cfw isn't able to install CIAs by itself would it possible to program a plugin that gets access to the needed services to install your own CIAs that you downloaded from the eShop in Emunand to your Sysnand?

Reactions: Margen67 and Idaho

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Feature] Clean Mode: Some games are not compatible with some of NTR CFW's functions (ie. MH4, SSB), which you can run them by using the Clean Mode feature in NTR CFW Menu. In the Clean Mode, all the features except Region-Free are totally disabled, and you can't return to Home Menu if you are running an region-locked game (the Home Menu will no longer accept it), use Power Button if you want to quit the game.

That's news to me - so despite the increased performance of the New 3DS, MH4/G/U, SSB etc still are not treated as "regular" games?
Unfortunately I don't have a New 3DS available to test right now, but what features of NTR aren't available for them?
I was looking forward to toy around with the debugger.

Thanks for the update, I'm excited to try it. Great times for the 3DS scene.

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
That's news to me - so despite the increased performance of the New 3DS, MH4/G/U, SSB etc still are not treated as "regular" games?
Unfortunately I don't have a New 3DS available to test right now, but what features of NTR aren't available for them?
I was looking forward to toy around with the debugger.

Thanks for the update, I'm excited to try it. Great times for the 3DS scene.

The debugger is not workable in Clean Mode.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the ntr cfw isn't able to install CIAs by itself would it possible to program a plugin that gets access to the needed services to install your own CIAs that you downloaded from the eShop in Emunand to your Sysnand?
Wouldn't work, the firmware never gains ARM9 AFAIK, so sig checks couldn't even be patched if you wanted them to be. And iirc all current eshop CIA dumpers break sigs.

Reactions: tony_2018

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
Still not working for me :/
It can't be my internet connection, because everything else internet-related functions normally on my n3DS XL. I've tried resetting the connection but nothing seems to give a good result.

EDIT: I fixed it, my ISP was blocking the page, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool