Homebrew [Release] Newquay - helper for installing new additions to that titlekey site

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
**** Update: 25/07/2017 ****
This tool is now obsolete, has no purpose, don't download it.

The titlekey site has been updated to automatically encrypt title keys on submission now that the bootrom has been released, as the developer now has access to the keys required for doing it all on PC. There are no longer any keys that will show up on the site with just a decrypted key showing
****End update ****

You know that titlekey site. You love that titlekey site. But sometimes it's frustrating when new decrypted keys have been added (the rss is good for checking that), and there's something that you want, but you've got to wait for the dude to upload the encrypted keys. Sure, the dude's busy, but nobody likes waiting.

So I made this app, called Newquay (pronounced "new key", duh). Run Newquay and get it to download the decTitleKeys.bin, then reboot to Decrypt9 and encrypt it to encTitleKeys.bin.... reboot, run Newquay, choose a title and it will make you an input.txt. Open that with CIAngel and your chosen game will be installed.

I mean, just try it, the instructions are right there in the app.

Download v0.3: https://github.com/hippydave/Newquay/releases/download/0.3/Newquay.cia

Source: https://github.com/hippydave/Newquay

QR (v0.3):
qrcode.0.3.png

Changelog:
0.3:
  • decTitlekeys.bin is now downloaded to /files9 if it exists (or sd root if not).
  • Warns if downloaded decTitlekeys.bin has 0 entries.
  • Reversed order the title list is displayed in, so newest entries are first.
0.2: Add support for encTitleKeys.bin in /files9 folder (checked first) as well as root /

0.1 First release

Todo:

Reverse order of title list (newest first).
Check if decTitleKeys.bin has more than zero entries.
Put decTitleKeys.bin in /files9 (or /Decrypt9) if exists.

Display title info (region/type).
Maybe add entries to wings.json?

Credits:

Based on FBI by Steveice10: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI - for app base and user interface.
Utility functions from 3DSGuy and possibly others.
json library by James McLaughlin et al.
Smealum and the usual suspects for ctrulib etc.
If I've missed anyone just tell me.

Last edited by hippy dave, , Reason: Newquay is obsolete now. Thanks for playing!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just tested this. Everything worked out fine, but I have one tiny issue with it. When Decrypt9 makes the decTitleKeys into encTitleKeys, it outputs the encTitleKeys.bin file into the files9 folder, not the SD card root. You then have to use your computer or FBI to move it to the right place. It would be easier if it could also read the the file from the files9 folder as well as the SD card root.

Like I said, it's a tiny complaint. Great work though!

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I just tested this. Everything worked out fine, but I have one tiny issue with it. When Decrypt9 makes the decTitleKeys into encTitleKeys, it outputs the encTitleKeys.bin file into the files9 folder, not the SD card root. You then have to use your computer or FBI to move it to the right place. It would be easier if it could also read the the file from the files9 folder as well as the SD card root.

Like I said, it's a tiny complaint. Great work though!
Oh right, mine didn't do that - I guess either because I didn't have a files9 folder or my Decrypt9 is out of date. I'll fix that tho, thanks for letting me know!

Reactions: KunoichiZ

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has the QR code been updated?
Yes :)

"installing new additions to that key site"
it sounded like you made something that uploads our keys to it, i was really excited lol
anyway thanks, a nice idea
Nice idea, I'd be happy to add that function if I can figure out how. I don't know much about coding http actions, have mostly been using other people's functions, but if I can figure out how to submit a post thingy I'll do it.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"installing new additions to that key site"
it sounded like you made something that uploads our keys to it, i was really excited lol
anyway thanks, a nice idea

Any idea why we're able to add decrypted title keys to that site but not encrypted ones?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that this was done automatically using scripts? Well, good and ol' manual labor still works anyway.
decrypted keys can be verified quickly with automated scripts. encrypting keys requires a 3DS system until bootrom is dumped to get missing encryption keys.

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Great little program! Could you add additional information available in CIAangel, such as Region, Type (Game or DLC), etc?
Thanks!
Yeah I can get that info from the json, so sure, I'll try to add it soon. Will have to figure out more of the intricacies of the user interface code :)

The other change I'm going to do next, which will be quick and simple, is to reverse the order in which the titles are listed, so the newest additions are at the top. I meant to do that before the initial release, but forgot... Protip for now, when the list comes up, press Up to loop around to the bottom of the list which is the newest entry!

pyrofool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to add an option to append to the wings.json file that CIAangel uses? I wasn't able to find a way just to install a ticket from the input.txt. I tried letting it start and cancel but that didn't work. It would also be nice to be able to add multiple titles to the file from your app and then go to CIAangel to download them or in my case I like to just instal the tickets and then download the game from eshop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off...