ROM Hack [Release] New Super Mario Bros. Origins - Version 1.0 [by SKJmin]

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway 3DS now supports homebrew .... just sayin :) I would love to play this on my 3ds but either way thank you for your amazing work!! :D

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
How about getting rid of the areas that aren't used?

Nothing wrong with releasing a hack with 32 levels and nothing else, no? There are some unofficial games from the era. One of them is called Super Boy on the MSX. It's famous for the glorious screen you get when you discover that the princess is in another castle. It simply says "SORRY NOTHING". Maybe stages from that game could be used to fill in the blanks? (:

Another possibility would be to make time rush stages out of the Boo stages in Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. But that would only add 8 stages, not a whole lot.

SKJmin

Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey

Nothing wrong with releasing a hack with 32 levels and nothing else, no? There are some unofficial games from the era. One of them is called Super Boy on the MSX. It's famous for the glorious screen you get when you discover that the princess is in another castle. It simply says "SORRY NOTHING". Maybe stages from that game could be used to fill in the blanks? (:

Another possibility would be to make time rush stages out of the Boo stages in Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. But that would only add 8 stages, not a whole lot.
I wanted make such a course in Origins, but you are very limited :( I had a great idea but the DS' power was too low :(

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador

I thought about that too, but I think it would be a bit complicated regarding the starcoins completition.
I actually thought of adding a SMB1 hack alongside it, but it didnt worked at the end. Even I considered giana sisters and that BROS atari game lol

I think its better to be paired with another mario game, but I dunno...

Anyway, will play this ASAP :)

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't this meant to be an extra game that you unlocked if you 100%'ed New Super Mario Bros. 3? I'm glad that it isn't, but I just wanted to make sure.

Nice work! I haven't gotten far in NSMB3 yet (mainly because it's hard to find enough Star Coins just to access the stages past the gates x_x ), but I'll give this a spin sometime soon!

SKJmin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
Wasn't this meant to be an extra game that you unlocked if you 100%'ed New Super Mario Bros. 3? I'm glad that it isn't, but I just wanted to make sure.

Nice work! I haven't gotten far in NSMB3 yet (mainly because it's hard to find enough Star Coins just to access the stages past the gates x_x ), but I'll give this a spin sometime soon!
NSMB3 is way to hard for 70% of all members and I heard that a lot of DS's got thrown against a wall!
I decided to publish this as a stand alone version :)

And I think this is much better than NSBM3 :)

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, fair enough. I didn't download the demos thinking this would be relegated to unlockable game status when it was complete, but it's nice to know you're sparing those of us who aren't much for high challenges.

SKJmin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
So, I've played up to World 1-4, and I like it so far. However, it seems that after World 1-1, most of the Star Coins in a stage tend to be impossible to find.
Ok, this was a joke right :) Because all STAR COINS are pretty easy to find (compared to NSMB3)
Nothing is unfairly hidden! I guess you mean that no STAR COINs can be found in the "normal"" way - this is true! There are probably a handful in the game :)

But the coins should be esay to find! I.e. in 1-5 - go above the EXIT-PIPE (underground) to see much more

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this was a joke right :) Because all STAR COINS are pretty easy to find (compared to NSMB3)
Nothing is unfairly hidden! I guess you mean that no STAR COINs can be found in the "normal"" way - this is true! There are probably a handful in the game :)

But the coins should be esay to find! I.e. in 1-5 - go above the EXIT-PIPE (underground) to see much more

I guess maybe I'm just not good enough, because, for example, in 1-2, I scoured the entire level, checked every pipe, threw myself down every pit, and could only find the 3rd Star Coin :s

SKJmin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
Reactions: Chris_Highwind

SKJmin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
So you don't fail to impress us again SKJmin.
Good job man!
I really enjoyed your SMB 3 remake and this looks awesome as well! Your works always have great quality! Can't wait to try it out!
Good job again!
This is by far my most best hack! Even better than NSMB3 :)
It is MUCH easier than NSMB3 - much fairer and definetely much more awesome secrets and cahllenges! (I learn aswell with the time eh)

Reactions: Attila13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte