Hacking [RELEASE] NDS2VC - Inject NDS games in Wii U for execute with loadiine gx2

HeroKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried this out for a couple games, and they launched fine. though like that above user, i am concerned about my antivirus detecting it and deleting the file

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, it looks great, but does it work with some Dsi games ? I really wanna play Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem on my TV...

CrimsonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you explain what that means?

The ROM base folder included is an emulator based on a VC release, and the app uses it and your supplied ROM to make a file for use for loadiine. So if you swapped the files with the same files from a newer VC game then it (should?) put it together with the different emulator. Already I've put in a modified configuration_cafe file for custom screen layouts and it's working fine.

The issue is that the VC titles' files can't just be plopped in there by default, or at least the ones I have anyway.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ROM base folder included is an emulator based on a VC release, and the app uses it and your supplied ROM to make a file for use for loadiine. So if you swapped the files with the same files from a newer VC game then it (should?) put it together with the different emulator. Already I've put in a modified configuration_cafe file for custom screen layouts and it's working fine.

The issue is that the VC titles' files can't just be plopped in there by default, or at least the ones I have anyway.
Well yes, using loadiine, you can simply replace roms with any NDS rom to make it run on the system. Usually people just get the most released Virtual console game ( guess for compatibility reason, nintendo improved the emulation to support more roms since they released more?) Anyway that would be the general Idea of the injection. :unsure:

CrimsonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing though... If I open up my VC games' files I see things like 00000.app or title.XXX right out in the open. In the ROM base folder and loadiine ready games it's neatly named and organized.

So I either need something that would convert the VC files or instructions to do it myself.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing though... If I open up my VC games' files I see things like 00000.app or title.XXX right out in the open. In the ROM base folder and loadiine ready games it's neatly named and organized.

So I either need something that would convert the VC files or instructions to do it myself.
The Rom is inside of a zip file. If you open the zip, it should be labeled by the TITLE ID of the cart, and other code. XXX-X-XXXX.NDS that is the rom. Simply take your replacement rom, rename it the same name, then put it back inside of a zip. (I use 7-Zip) Use normal compression (Not sure if any others will effect compatibility.) After that is done, that all you have to do really is replace the NDS rom file with the game you want.

CrimsonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, I think we have our wires crossed...

I'm trying to switch out the emulator, which is in the ROM base file within the NDS2VC file. I can put my DS ROMs in and take the loadiine ready game out just fine.

See, using the included emulator doesn't work well with the games I'm trying, namely Advance Wars DoR. I want to use the Wii U VC emulator from something newer, like Shadow Dragon or Advance Wars DS. I don't know how to convert these to work in the ROM base folder, or otherwise put DoR into the Shadow Dragon emulator.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, I think we have our wires crossed...

I'm trying to switch out the emulator, which is in the ROM base file within the NDS2VC file. I can put my DS ROMs in and take the loadiine ready game out just fine.

See, using the included emulator doesn't work well with the games I'm trying, namely Advance Wars DoR. I want to use the Wii U VC emulator from something newer, like Shadow Dragon or Advance Wars DS. I don't know how to convert these to work in the ROM base folder, or otherwise put DoR into the Shadow Dragon emulator.

Well yes, using loadiine, you can simply replace roms with any NDS rom to make it run on the system. Usually people just get the most released Virtual console game ( guess for compatibility reason, nintendo improved the emulation to support more roms since they released more?) Anyway that would be the general Idea of the injection. :unsure:
Get a more recently released game from eshop then convert it to loadiine format. Is probably easier than what you may be trying.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Does anyone know for sure that this is actually safe to use?

I have found the program using google, but just like a few other users in here, my AntiVirus reports it as dangerous. Actually, at the highest threat level, and I REALLY don't want to just take the chance and assume it's harmless.

I would have used NDS2WiiU, but as far as I can see, it doesn't give you the option of choosing a rom base and I need a specific rom base for Pokémon Soul Silver to Work

EDIT: Alright, after several days of research trying to work out a solution on my own, I found out how to do the injection manually and it works!!!

Last edited by XaneTenshi,

78_Alpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a very efficient way to make injects, but not the most efficient process... Having to do games one at a time is a bit of pain. Especially when you have over 800 to test! I tried automating the process with a python script of my own design, sadly that did not work, simply because the dialogue box requesting input had several piping issues for me... and Out of order operations no matter what the timings. Wish there was clean source to look at, but it does contain copyright material. Ghidra is the next best thing if desperate!

EDIT --

After changing things around and making my own crappy wait queue,it works. Automating 800 +- 1 games (skips or damages one file during startup).

Last edited by 78_Alpha,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.