IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the quick response!

From what I've found someone actually had the same error-message, but after this the conversation stopped.

Well, that makes NWPlayer123s tweet even more confusing to me..
Have you tried opening the file directly in MSBT editor without decompressing it? It might not even be compressed. Just have the lz extension.

BoopBaDoop

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nope, giving me a message that says "The file provided is not a valid MSBT file.
The filenames are for example "BattleEnemy.msbt.lz"

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It appears that I alone won't be able to help you with this. It has to be taken to a compression expert that is willing to take the time to figure out what's up with the file.

If that person makes the code available (in C#), I'll gladly add it to my editor. If the files just need a bit of massaging to make them LZ11 decompressable, we can look at that too.

Reactions: BoopBaDoop

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, giving me a message that says "The file provided is not a valid MSBT file.
The filenames are for example "BattleEnemy.msbt.lz"

I'm assuming that the editor is only able to decompress LZ11 and your file is compressed with RLE or LZ40, check the header of the files and then see: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-ds-gba-compressors.313278/ for a decompressor. If this is NOT the case and IT IS an 0x10 or 0x11 header, then there's a different problem that I can't help you with as I don't have knowledge of LZ10 or 11 or of whether it's a variant of LZ77 or LZ78 as a basis; i.e. you could need to move bytes over 1, read the library/slider in the footer or header, etc. etc. (I suppose one could look at the decoder source...).

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert, this is accumulated knowledge.

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MSBT Editor Reloaded v0.9.6
  • Added the Export Mod feature for XMSBT files.
    • Export the differences between two MSBT files to an XMSBT delta file.
This is the best way to ship your Smash Wii U or other game mods that include changes to MSBT files.

This feature exports only the differences between two MSBT files to a very compact XMSBT file which users can then import into their already modified MSBT files.

I should write a tutorial for this, but I don't have the time to dedicate to it. I'll gladly walk someone through the steps on a Skype/Discord call/chat so they can write one. PM me.

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will this work for translating game languages to Arabic?
As I understand it. The editor should work just fine with Arabic as the many variations of MSBT files are either UTF8 or 16. Though you may be inputing from left to right.

The real issue is whether or not each individual game has the necessary font to display the characters.

Last edited by IcySon55,

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MSBT Editor Reloaded v0.9.7
  • Finally corrected the label renaming bugs.
    • v0.9.7 will correct broken files that were previously broken by v0.9.6 and v0.9.5b. Just open the broken file and then click save to fix it. Broken files created by v0.9.5 and below can not currently be fixed with the program. Contact me directly if you need your heavily modified file fixed so you don't lose any work.

Reactions: I pwned U!

mariosonicds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I can confirm Paper Mario Color Splash works fine
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3B1dS5zaC9yQ0hHby85Y2VjZGEwY2IxLmpwZyJ9.W_a4dheiYYXHCXKc86AuY0chw94

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright I can confirm Paper Mario Color Splash works fine
How did you de/compress the files? Other people are having a hard time with the compression as the LZ11 tools in the editor don't work.

Edit: Thanks for reporting a working game. I don't get nearly enough of these.

Last edited by IcySon55,

mariosonicds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you de/compress the files? Other people are having a hard time with the compression as the LZ11 tools in the editor don't work.

Edit: Thanks for reporting a working game. I don't get nearly enough of these.
It's lz11 @0xC. And uses full 32bit int for decomp size. I'll post my tools public sometime.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's lz11 @0xC. And uses full 32bit int for decomp size. I'll post my tools public sometime.
Well I'll post it here for now https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/230086385149804555/233842870509895680/LZPYTHONSWEET.zip
All the compressors need python3 as a fair warning.

Last edited by mariosonicds,

IcySon55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by IcySon55,

exelix11

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well I'll post it here for now https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/230086385149804555/233842870509895680/LZPYTHONSWEET.zip
All the compressors need python3 as a fair warning.
Uh nice, i didn't noticed this one, do you know of what use are those bytes before the lz11 ? it seems the size repeated twice then a 0x13 and then the size as int24, it's like they are just trolling us.

I'll see if it's worth converting them to C# or maybe incorporating them as is and encapsulating python within the program.

Thoughts?
I just tested, you only need to make a small change the LZ11.cs file:
Code:
        public static long Decompress(Stream instream, long inLength, Stream outstream, int StartPos = 0) {
            //...
            long readBytes = 0;
            instream.Position = StartPos;
            byte type = (byte)instream.ReadByte();
            //...
this will still work with the current implementation without any change, but you can then pass StartPos as 0xc to make it work on color splash files.
For compressing back you just need to add a header to the output of the compress function

Last edited by exelix11,

mariosonicds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll see if it's worth converting them to C# or maybe incorporating them as is and encapsulating python within the program.

Thoughts?
Well @jam1garner and some others are working on a mod tool SplashKit. Jam mostly wanted me to make these python tools to convert to c# since python is not great at lz11 compression.

jam1garner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm working on getting a setup like smash 4 has rn so if I plan on doing MSBT built into it (which I might) I will probably either RE it or figure out a good way to handle using this as a plugin or something. I do plan on converting smb's scripts to C# though and since SplashKit is open source you can just use my code if need be. (However you should be fine, no real need to add lz decomp/comp to your stuff)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr