[Release] Monster Hunter Stories Translation

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by dasding, Apr 20, 2017.

1. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Then why take so much effort to fanslate this game knowing it's already scheduled for September??

2. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    The translation was in the works before it was even announced to be getting localized, once it was, the translation was put out with what was done, honestly, chances of it getting a western release was low considering we haven't had other spin-off MH titles.

This fan translation came out, April 21st if I'm not mistaken, still a solid 4ish months of being able to play.

I'm still curious if the Western release will include the 1.2 content or if that stuff is planned to come as an update later, you would hope so.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis, Sep 2, 2017
    dasding likes this.
  3. falconcrest

falconcrest GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    Underground
    does anyone have a ntr cheat plugin that works for this on the o3ds?

4. Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    Philippines
    Is there any chance of this translation getting into 100% development now that the European release dump is already leaked?

This is under the idea that the Japanese version has the complete content experience to date which makes it a better version to play instead of the will-be released Western versions of it.

5. MaximusX800

MaximusX800 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2014
    United States
    We stand by our statement that no further work will be put into this project, due to offical localiazaton. While we slightly broke this, it was purely due to shock that a localization was announced and the amount of time and effort put in by the team, that we released afterwards.

We hope everyone that used our fan translation was able to enjoy the game!

Dothackjhe, DarkSynopsis and anonynom like this.
  6. Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    Philippines
    Is there any way we could make a backup of the saved file for this game? I have been trying to JKSV to export my saved file but only to encounter an error with states, "Error Opening Archive!"

Last edited by Dothackjhe, Sep 8, 2017
  7. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Dev & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    JP DLC.cia doesn't work for eur version, right?

8. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    Im not sure which version to use to play the game.. seeing as the translation might not be complete but will have JAP awesome voices

9. Kuchen

Kuchen Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    There are not even japanese voices in the japanese version. It's a language as made up as the Loch Ness Monster.

10. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    When I select the game in the 3ds' homescreen i hear it say monster hunter stories in jap voice. but you are saying it is different in the actual game?

11. Rich_venom

Rich_venom Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2016
    Mexico
    Tabasco
    You can find it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-plg-collection-extended-memory-games-ntr-plugin-for-old3ds.460672/

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You are trying to extract the save data with save data dump, but the correct is:

ExtData->Import-> Then you put a name in the file-> Then you put the SD Card into your PC and you will see 5 files (I don't remember too much); there's one to has the name with the number 0 (zero), that's your save data dumped from the game.

I think doesn't work, because the DLC work's in the 1.2 version of the game and the new game (EUR, USA) its in the 1.0 (I think); you need the DLC released from all the versions.

He's saying about the dialoges into the game. But the presentation about the little voice saying "Monster Hunter Stories" on the homescreen betwen the Jap and USA-EUR its diferent.

For me its better the Jap Ver.

12. AleMustDie

AleMustDie Newbie

Newcomer
    Today
    Italy
    I'm using the Luma method. But looks like the Patch did'nt apply.
    What can I do?

I have the save file of my cartridge.

13. AleMustDie

AleMustDie Newbie

Newcomer
    Today
    Italy
    Nevermind. I figured it out.

Thanks for your work guys