[Release] Monster Hunter Stories Translation

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by dasding, Apr 20, 2017.

1. justneet

justneet Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    Brazil
    Thank you so much for this!

2. KingLo

KingLo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2017
    United States
    Woohoo!!! Thank you!

3. duriankia

duriankia Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2017
    Singapore
    Thanks for the 1.2 patch. Not sure if I messed up somewhere but I noticed that 2 of the move names that were previously translated in 1.1 are no long translated in this updated patch. "Dracophage Bolt" and another that I can't recall the name.

EDIT: Oddly enough, the translated name shows up when my opponent uses it but not when I use it.

Last edited by duriankia, Aug 4, 2017
  4. toberkel

toberkel GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2016
    Germany
    Germany
    I have a already patched cia. Can I apply the patch to an already patched cia if there r any updates?

5. DavionBlackwing

DavionBlackwing GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2017
    Spain
    I dunno if you guys have had time to check the official Monster Hunter Stories localization demo. I have no idea why, but they've made Chief Omna to only talk with rhymes.. that's quite a massive change, don't you think? What must have made them do so? It really gets a bit annoying.

6. dasding
    OP

dasding GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2015
    Germany
    it's about adding flair to the characters. in MH series nearly every character has a special way of speaking (in japanese as well). like we made instructor dan use the word "splendid" a lot and the old wyverian "Nnnha" and the blacksmith "yo" etc.

7. EnDyBrO

EnDyBrO Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2017
    Russia
    Can i transfer my Data from MH Stories (EUR) Demo?

8. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Curious about the Demo Save file myself but JKSM doesn't seem to let me export the Demo ExtData :(

9. EnDyBrO

EnDyBrO Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2017
    Russia
    I was able to pull out my save files from the demo, tried to rename it trivially, but the game says that the date is corrupted. It means that i need to replay. :(

10. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Looks like the Western version save file is bigger, 535736 vs 483976, if I had to guess it would be due to monster names, localized version would need more save space to fit the full length, just a guess but unlikely saves will be going back and fourth at least not without someone writing up a tool do it.

11. Jayker

Jayker Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Thanks for the translation ^_^
    I dont know if this is an error or what. I downloaded the game thru freeshop and patched it through LUMA and it works. it's just that it tells me that there is an update . then it says the update is on settings/data management/downloadable content. but I cant find it there. then it says there is an update every time. even if I already downloaded it

12. EnDyBrO

EnDyBrO Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2017
    Russia
    Lol, i have this problem too. I fixed it when installed english-patched cia)

13. Jayker

Jayker Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2017
    Philippines
    where you get the cia english patch? much appreciated

EDIT : I'm still trying to fund the UPDATE v1.2

Edit again : FInally found it now.

I can download a translator through my Camera to like scan the txt files and translate it real time

Last edited by Jayker, Aug 17, 2017
  14. dasding
    OP

dasding GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2015
    Germany
    Due to changes to some skills they got untranslated with the new update because they were added as new skills instead of changing the original skill. We released an v1.2 patch to retranslate those skills and new ones.

DarkSynopsis likes this.
  15. rece225

rece225 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2017
    Mexico
    I've found some compatibility issues I think, the english patch for the 1.2 versión runs really bad, some lag issues, everything runs really bad, I don't know why but I've put the patch through the luma method and I unpatched it ando returned to 1.1 because of those problems, just trying to help, hope you fix it thanks!

Edit: Should I patch through the cía method? Because i have an old 3ds and maybe is because it doesn't support the patch through loading it from luma cause the patch is heavy, or idk, please explain it to me, and help me with more specific steps to patch it, thx!

Last edited by rece225, Aug 18, 2017
  16. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
  17. rece225

rece225 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2017
    Mexico
    Or can actually someone help me by giving to me the cia file already patched for the 1.2 version, cuz idk how to do it, I don't even have a pc now, thank you.

18. Rakidas

Rakidas Gay Pirate Queen

Aug 6, 2015
    Australia
    So every time without fail that I try to run NTR with this game (3.6 if it matters, newest NTR Selector, with 1.2 translation luma file and 1.2 update) it crashes and gives me an ARM11 error dump. Any ideas guys?

19. Kaitonic

Kaitonic Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2016
    Hey! there
    I'm really new with this patching thing.
    Can anyone help me how to patch the 1.2 update cia or may be have a link for the patch update?
    Please and thanks.

20. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium