[Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by secXsQuared, Oct 19, 2016.

1. FooFighters

FooFighters Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2017
    Jamaica
    Hey guys. I don't know if anyone can help me with this but recently whenever I import edited ExtData from JKSM I get this error: "Something went wrong writing to the archive file!" then after that it shows the "Success!" message just like usual. But when I load up my game nothing about my save has been changed. I have no idea what the fuck happened but I was hoping if anyone here could help me out. Thanks in advance.

2. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    You may have done something to corrupt your save file, so, for starters, try to restore an old save file from before you did any heavy edits. Besides that, make sure that all the files are named right and all and that you aren't trying to restore a ".bak" file.

3. FooFighters

FooFighters Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2017
    Jamaica
    I tried it with a brand new file I created. No edits at all and I still get that message, I'm also 100% sure I'm importing the correct file as I've done this soooo many times now. I even changed the build of the JKSM manager and it still just doesn't work. I don't get this error for any other game.

Last edited by FooFighters, Nov 24, 2017
  4. shinwg

shinwg GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2016
    United States
    What's the max Iv on each stats considering legit thanks in advance

5. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    I'd say about 8-12 legit since you only get +1 to +3 with some of the egg taps (not all give stat points).

6. shinwg

shinwg GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2016
    United States
    Thanks I wasn't sure I put 5 on each but I didn't go online yet to test it out

7. tekken912

tekken912 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2017
    United States

Hi sorry I am new to this group I have a question for you I am trying to download this editor how does it work? what do I need to have I have a 2ds and well the game and I really would like to get this system to get max money or other stuff of max items pls thanks.

8. shinwg

shinwg GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2016
    United States
    U need a save management a computer and the software once open is easy to follow

9. Kuchen

Kuchen Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    Can you convert your save with this tool btw?

10. Suicuark

Suicuark GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2015
    Macau
    Is there a way to undo the x999 or x986 invetory stuff,maybe quantity editing or something?

11. Mikihisa0708

Mikihisa0708 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    United States
    I used checkpoint to extract extdata of the game (it's a non JPN digital copy). I opened the editor and opened the mhr_game0.sav then edited a few things. I tried restoring the whole folder back in with checkpoint but none of the changes got applied. so I'm not sure if the issue is with Checkpoint or the save editor.

Also, I tried using JKSM to extract the data instead but when I launch the homebrew menu and select it I get "This homebrew exploit does not have support for launching applications under target titles. Please use a different exploit"

So I'm kinda stuck about how to extract my save file...

Edit: So looking into another topic it said to delete a file in the JKSM bundle which I did. This time it actually launches the program but gives me an error when it tries to export a save file.

Last edited by Mikihisa0708, Dec 4, 2017
  12. Fredmonlill

Fredmonlill Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    Norway
    Got the same problem

13. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Get a fresh install of JKSM if existing one is giving you trouble, then find the game in the list, export extra data and that's it, nothing hard!:P

14. heero_spidey

heero_spidey Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    United States
    I need some help, I used the all item edit and everything was fine for a while, then all of a sudden the blue quests won't auto complete.

It seems like the items on my bag aren't being read, the problem is that it used to work fine. Any blue or board quest that had to do with gathering I would take the quest and since I have a lot of those items in my bag I was able to turn them in immediately for the rewards, but like I said it won't work anymore.

Any ideas?

15. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Discard the items, if you got 999 when you accept the quest, it won't be counted. Make sure to always have less than 999 of any items that are needed for quests before you accept them.

16. heero_spidey

heero_spidey Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    United States
    I checked and I don't have 999, I have 982 because I used them for something. So no max, discarded some and took the quest again and nothing.

17. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    For some quests you need to have both not max of the item AND get at least one more (eg: fight something for a scale if you need that). The moment you get at least one of it while having accepted the quest, it will notify you it's been completed and you can turn it in.

18. xflamer234

xflamer234 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2015
    Jamaica
    Need help. Every time i try to extract the save a error keeps on coming up in JKSM saying "error opening save archive".What should i do ? (any help will be appreciated)

19. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    As it's been stated countless times in the past pages, the save is under Extra Data, NOT under saves. It's the same for most recent games too! There's no save in the save folder, so you get the message, just get the extra data.

xflamer234 likes this.
  20. xflamer234

xflamer234 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2015
    Jamaica
    I didn't see that but thanks

ThoD likes this.