ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, thank you for the insight! I imagine adding eggs would come with the same problems as stats etc are probably determined when you pick one up. Annoying, I just wanted to take all monsters for a spin without the egg grinding hassle haha.

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
I
I see, thank you for the insight! I imagine adding eggs would come with the same problems as stats etc are probably determined when you pick one up. Annoying, I just wanted to take all monsters for a spin without the egg grinding hassle haha.
dont think the monsters stats/IV's are affected per monster. Like i hatched a Azure Rathalos and the stats where shit. You can still take the monsters out for a spin but use a monster that has low raity and has the sonar abillty. Then change the speices of the monster. Since the sonar doesnt have any animation frames, you can have it on any monster without the game crashing.

KounkinX94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
secXsQuared may i suggest you add monster egg fragments for Stygian Zinogre? I think is cool (? I already have it. The values is: 08 00 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 01 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 02 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 03 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 04 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 05 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 06 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 07 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 08 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I play with your code for dinovaldo egg fragmentes and found some monsters like Stygian Zinogre, Green Nargacuga, Nargacuga, Black Diablos, etc n.n

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
secXsQuared may i suggest you add monster egg fragments for Stygian Zinogre? I think is cool (? I already have it. The values is: 08 00 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 01 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 02 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 03 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 04 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 05 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 06 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 07 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 08 00 00 00 41 00 00 00 00 00 00

I play with your code for dinovaldo egg fragmentes and found some monsters like Stygian Zinogre, Green Nargacuga, Nargacuga, Black Diablos, etc n.n

There are two important notes about the egg fragments:
1. The egg made of egg fragments does not hatch a specific monster. The monster it hatches depends on the species of the egg fragment (Elder dragon, Brute Wyvern, Flying Wyvern, etc.) and the game picks a random monster from the spices.
2. The only exception to note #1 is when the monster is a DLC monster.

I believe that the stygian zinogre you mentioned is a DLC one cuz the first byte "08" means the egg fragment is Sea Wyvern and Stygian does not belong to Sea Wyverns. Yes I could add stygian, other DLC monsters to egg fragment but DO note that it's not the proper way to hatch a specific monster. For that, you need to wait for egg editing.

I

dont think the monsters stats/IV's are affected per monster. Like i hatched a Azure Rathalos and the stats where shit. You can still take the monsters out for a spin but use a monster that has low raity and has the sonar abillty. Then change the speices of the monster. Since the sonar doesnt have any animation frames, you can have it on any monster without the game crashing.
Yeah egg editing is definitely more "researchable" than direct monster editing.

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
There are two important notes about the egg fragments:
1. The egg made of egg fragments does not hatch a specific monster. The monster it hatches depends on the species of the egg fragment (Elder dragon, Brute Wyvern, Flying Wyvern, etc.) and the game picks a random monster from the spices.
2. The only exception to note #1 is when the monster is a DLC monster.

I believe that the stygian zinogre you mentioned is a DLC one cuz the first byte "08" means the egg fragment is Sea Wyvern and Stygian does not belong to Sea Wyverns. Yes I could add stygian, other DLC monsters to egg fragment but DO note that it's not the proper way to hatch a specific monster. For that, you need to wait for egg editing.

Yeah egg editing is definitely more "researchable" than direct monster editing.
Its not a stygian zinogre. Its the Zinorge reskin DLC.

mana_ran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here it is! 326 Genes with translated skills and effect names. I managed to spoil myself on what monster exist in the game along the way, Boo Hoo.

I'm attaching the PDF version with this message

The spreadsheet can be access here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7jYRtuS38G8dUV6c2ZVUFFKcjQ

Notes:

1. There are some genes that doesn't seem to be legit. The in-game skill is marked with @ sign, though everything else looks fine. You can try using it, but it could cause some bugs (let me know if it does). They're marked as yellow rows in the file; only 6 of them though. None of them have any skill, only effect so it might not be much of a deal.

2. There is one redundant gene occupying two values 'Tigrex Killer Genes'. As far as I can see they work the same way.

3. There are three genes with an incomplete name translation (HEX 131-133). This is because I cannot read the first kanji character of the gene name, even with NN3DS resolution. So for now it's 'O feet gene' (it's 'something feet gene' literally). The skill and effects are fully translated though. Let me know if anyone with better eyesight recognize the first character.

About Skill
1. 'Skill' are either active (use command to activate it in battle) or passive (always activate or under certain condition)

2. When skill of similar type is in the same monster, only the higher tier one will work; For example, if you have two genes: one with Fire Attack Up (s) and one with Fire Attack Up (m) passive skill, only the Fire Attack Up (m) will have effect. It does not stack with Fire Attack Up (s).

3. Skill of similar type do not stack. In the same example above, even if you have two genes with both Fire Attack Up (m), the result will be as if you have one gene with Fire Attack (m). Doesn't stack.

About Effect
1. Effect stacks. If you have Effect Fire Res + 3 and Fire Res + 2 in two different genes, the overall effect is Fire Res +5. Similarly, two Fire Res + 2 will give Fire Res + 4 total.

2. Effect 1 and Effect 2 doesn't need any minimum point to activate; they can also be placed anywhere. I tried putting two genes with Fire Res + 2 in random, non-bingo order and the result is always Fire Res + 4 (This means it doesn't get any bonus either)

3. If you put the genes in your monster and still doesn't see the effect come up in the status screen, try putting that monster in your party; the game should recalculate the gene effect with that step.

About Bingo
1. By Lining up gene of the same type or element in 3 straight/diagonal line you achieve the bingo bonus. The bonus will depend on what gene you line up. For example if you line up three Fire elemental gene, you get Fire Attack bonus (increase attack power of fire element). If you line up three Power type genes, you get Power Attack Bonus (increase damage from your Power type attack), and so on...

2. Bingo Doesn't stack. Even if you line up 5 Fire type gene in an L shape, or fill the whole 9 slot with Fire type gene, the effect is still one Fire Attack bonus, as if you have lined up three of them.

3. You can mix and match element and type. For example if you line up 5 genes in an L shape, with the vertical part being fire type - you'll get Fire Attack bonus. Now if the one in the bottom left is also Power type, and you line up power gene (regardless of element) horizontally at bottom-center and bottom-right, you'll get Power Attack bonus in addition to the Fire bonus.

4. Other bonus aside from 6 elements (Fire, Water, Thunder, Ice, Dragon, and non-elemental) and 3 attack type (Power, Speed, Technique) is the 'whatever bingo' (occurs as long as you line up at least 3 of anything of similar type or element). This increase your monster's HP.

And before anyone ask: Yes, those HEX values for genes are Little Endian adjusted.

If it says 0122, just enter 0122 in the save editor. No need to switch digits.

BTW, it seems there's a downloadable costume for your cat companion (A Rathalos armor for Nabiru) now. Those playing via Region Free won't be able to download it because they can't access eshop. Any chance one of you with a japanese console can post a mhr_dlc.sav file?

Attachments

• MHS_Genelist_r02_forsent.pdf
    647.7 KB · Views: 970
Last edited by mana_ran,

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great progress! I haven't looked into editing my save yet since I just finished story mode and I still want to try to farm the eggs that I don't have yet myself. But this is looking very promising if I ever have a hard time at the tower.

Any chance to unlock the Zelda dlc as I don't live in Japan? It sucks that some dlcs we can only get if we're physically there... It looks like the armor can heal per turn during battle when they showed it at the mhxx announcement.

@mana_ran where can I find the nabiru rath armor? I am currently playing this on my jpn 3ds, but I don't see any new dlcs at the cats other than today's dinovaldo stuff

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great progress! I haven't looked into editing my save yet since I just finished story mode and I still want to try to farm the eggs that I don't have yet myself. But this is looking very promising if I ever have a hard time at the tower.

Any chance to unlock the Zelda dlc as I don't live in Japan? It sucks that some dlcs we can only get if we're physically there... It looks like the armor can heal per turn during battle when they showed it at the mhxx announcement.

@mana_ran where can I find the nabiru rath armor? I am currently playing this on my jpn 3ds, but I don't see any new dlcs at the cats other than today's dinovaldo stuff
That should be possible after adding armor editing. Not sure if that is an armor skill or armor id based effect.

mana_ran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Nabiru Rath Armor is an in-game item obtained from DLC. It dresses your partner cat with rathalos armor

Essentially, by using these items, you can go to your house's treasure chest and dress up the Nabiru cat. Some of these dress up item are from DLC (e.g. Kumamon dlc that has been released). Others required a download code to be input. The code for these rath cat armor should come with every cartridge or download version bought.

However, if one is playing using Region Free loader or those sort (e.g. on a different region console), they won't we able to download these items. Entering download code, even if it is free, requires eshop access from console of the same region. They can still download other non-code DLC though.

I'm pretty sure the data for these items are all in-game, so it's more of looking for their activation values. Or if the downloaded data is in the file "mhr_dlc.sav", I was wondering if that file can work between saves (or if it is encrypted for each machine).

*According to the website, Zelda DLC and such are "pre" distribute at certain places in Japan (7-11 for Zelda, for example). This means they will eventually become downloadable DLC later for all user

Last edited by mana_ran,

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe mhr_dlc only stores downloaded DLC quests.

Everything related to armors/armor skills, etc is in mhr_Save0.sav and is part of the game's logic. Just need to find out the armor ID or the armor skill that gives the effect.

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nabiru Rath Armor is an in-game item obtained from DLC. It dresses your partner cat with rathalos armor

Essentially, by using these items, you can go to your house's treasure chest and dress up the Nabiru cat. Some of these dress up item are from DLC (e.g. Kumamon dlc that has been released). Others required a download code to be input. The code for these rath cat armor should come with every cartridge or download version bought.

However, if one is playing using Region Free loader or those sort (e.g. on a different region console), they won't we able to download these items. Entering download code, even if it is free, requires eshop access from console of the same region. They can still download other non-code DLC though.

I'm pretty sure the data for these items are all in-game, so it's more of looking for their activation values. Or if the downloaded data is in the file "mhr_dlc.sav", I was wondering if that file can work between saves (or if it is encrypted for each machine).

*According to the website, Zelda DLC and such are "pre" distribute at certain places in Japan (7-11 for Zelda, for example). This means they will eventually become downloadable DLC later for all user

Ah I see, but I don't actually have an legitimate copy anyway. I did find a dlc cia pack from duowan that supposedly contains all tokutens including the nabiru rath armor. You're supposed to install and then go fetch it at the dlc cat in game. However I think I've messed up the steps so my file didn't work... I do believe it'd only work on jpn consoles but you should give it a shot too.

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ver 0.22 Update:
1. Fixed an issue with some special unicode character within the monster's name.
2. Added monster skill editing.
3. Added talisman skill sheet.
4. Added weapon/armor editing.
5. Added egg editing.
READ IMPORTANT NOTES!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?