ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Double Cross English UI Patch

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Technical question: For a lot of the quest dialogue that remained the same from MHG, Couldn't we just merge those English versions into this translation to handle a bulk of the story translation? I realize this doesn't cover new content, but it seems like a step in the right direction in terms of completion.

yes, in fact that's we did, but we threw out all dialog because it's copyrighted material by capcom.

I appreciate all of your enthusiasm for a full translation but it's not something i'm keen on working on right now.
Don't get the wrong idea i have no problem with using generations text as reference, just not 1:1 copying it. that's my personal opinion, yours can differ.

Just some quotes, porting the text directly from MHG isn't going to happen.

Honestly is it needed? You can play MHG for its content then once done transfer over to XX with the right tools, the only thing you miss is the option to use the 2 new styles XX has early on?

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,
Reactions: ShroomKing

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
God bless you, that corrupt zip was driving me mad. I thought my laptop brok
since the link for the luma patch files downloads a corrupted zip file i'm gonna put a mirror here for all the people interested:

https://mega.nz/#!shR3kbrS!wFvpQP6YjIGVsM7GPO5jZhpxOuL7NpOZ1Oo8hJba0-c

yes it's a mega link, don't blame me. mega should be good enough

woops there was a http server misconfiguration. which i fixed so the download works like intended now ;)

offroadguy56

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of my chat dialog in the game is still in Japanese. I tried to link a screenshot but the forum is flagging me as spam.

Any help?

Vermil

I don't need a SENPAI to notice me, Right SENPAI?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
All of my chat dialog in the game is still in Japanese. I tried to link a screenshot but the forum is flagging me as spam.

Any help?
The chat dialogue is not included in the translation, you have to edit them by pressing Y.
If your talking about the "Keyboard", there's an "ABC" Tab That you can press to type Letters.

Vermil

I don't need a SENPAI to notice me, Right SENPAI?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Do I have to put cfw on my switch?

Is this similar to the mhp3rd english patch.

That requires 2 certain versions of firmware?

Can I still use the e shop after using the english patch.

With monster hunter XX?
Sorry Sis... This is not for Switch, It's for 3ds(CFW) Family only.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
In the top-left corner of the title screen it says English Patch v3 instead of v4. What gives?
That was never changed for some reason, but it's v4. I've seen a lot of people thinking it's v3, but if you compare the change logs to the translation, you will see it's v4 (if you go further in the game it will also say v4).

Reactions: Natural

dktung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i dowloaded v2 traslated from internet, but just a few word be translated to english. So i dowload PATCH file zip in here. pasted to my root sd card, then run mhxx but nothing happened. still v2 translate..
someone help me !!

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i dowloaded v2 traslated from internet, but just a few word be translated to english. So i dowload PATCH file zip in here. pasted to my root sd card, then run mhxx but nothing happened. still v2 translate..
someone help me !!
Did you put the patch or the luma folder in the root of your SD card? You need to put the luma one which is inside the patch. Also, you need to turn on Luma's game patching from Luma's options.

Reactions: dktung

dktung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you put the patch or the luma folder in the root of your SD card? You need to put the luma one which is inside the patch. Also, you need to turn on Luma's game patching from Luma's options.
I did put the luma in the root, about luma's options i'll try right away when i back home. Tks u

dktung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's worked. tks a lot

Reactions: ThoD

Scribs_03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to using CFW so I don't know if I did something wrong in the process but in my game, the armor for hunters or Palicoes isn't translated. Nor is certain messages for things like weapon sharpness or item wear off. Where as the v2 I originally used had these things translated.

I used the luma layer patching and I also updated my game using a cia.

ViceX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello!, been using my gateway 3ds until now, however it hasnt been updated in a long time so im gonna homebrew my 3ds soon, and this is the first game im playing to get and convert/transfer my mhgen save

i noticed there is both an spanish and an english patch for XX, i can speak both languages just fine so i was wondering wich one of the 2 patches is the most updated/translated/completed?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello!, been using my gateway 3ds until now, however it hasnt been updated in a long time so im gonna homebrew my 3ds soon, and this is the first game im playing to get and convert/transfer my mhgen save

i noticed there is both an spanish and an english patch for XX, i can speak both languages just fine so i was wondering wich one of the 2 patches is the most updated/translated/completed?
Don't know about the Spanish patch, but this one (English) has pretty much everything you will actually need translated, with only things left in Japanese being things like NPC messages, various event quests' info (because they came out after the patch), hunter notes, etc.. Just get whichever one you prefer though.

ayamekizunaxz

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I have a copy of the game and it's region free. Idk What version it is. Can someone help me get the game in the latest version? The patch is working btw. Thanks!

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have a copy of the game and it's region free. Idk What version it is. Can someone help me get the game in the latest version? The patch is working btw. Thanks!
If you can go online it's v1.2. If it asks to update it's not.

To get it on latest version if regular update fails, then use FreeShop or find the update CIA.

Last edited by ThoD,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse