Hacking [Release+Mini Tutorial] AIO.bat: All-In-1 batch file for compiling 3DS stuff

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
yup, it worked, can you possibly add compiling for tikdevil? i'm really bummy and i can't figure out how to compile it successfully on my own, and i really dont want to use ciangel, i just like having the tickets. >i need to compile it with the changed website
I'll check it out soon :)

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
.. And a new release. Here's the changelog:

- Removed buildtools submodule workaround for CTRXplorer, A9NC, and CIAngel
- Added Hourglass9
- Added TIKdevil

About TIKdevil, the original source by @Kyraminol has issues with compiling, and he does not seem to be active anymore. @Mmcx125 forked it and fixed all issues along with some other stuff. I consider that version to be superior, so that's the one added to the batch file.

Enjoy

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Thanks for the shoutout, I appreciate the compliment. I dont want to discredit Kyraminol or any of the fine devs over at CIAngel, I just fix things :). Cheers!
CIAngel dev is properly credited in the first post. And no credit takes away from Kyraminol, but it just made no sense including a project that wasn't compile-able and that might be abandoned (speculation, due to his inactivity).

Thanks for the contribution. Much appreciated :)

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there might be a problem on my end, but whenever I build something, it builds to C:\Windows\System32. Also it doesn't completely build stuff. Maybe it's intentional, but I'd have to run a command window on the folder created in the aforementioned directory, run "make" and get the final output, for example the bin file for Decrypt9. Using AIO1.4, it happened on AIO1.3 too. Didn't happen on AIO1.2 though.

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I think there might be a problem on my end, but whenever I build something, it builds to C:\Windows\System32. Also it doesn't completely build stuff. Maybe it's intentional, but I'd have to run a command window on the folder created in the aforementioned directory, run "make" and get the final output, for example the bin file for Decrypt9. Using AIO1.4, it happened on AIO1.3 too. Didn't happen on AIO1.2 though.
I'm not quite sure what's wrong (though I can say it's something in your end..)
How is your setup? What's the path of your compile folder (if there is one)? Where is AIO located?

You shouldn't have to run command and type make at all, as AIO does that for you.

Also, did you check your PATH and made sure it had the ones I posted in the 1st post?

Did you update your libs?

Show me some screenshots of examples you are facing. If it's not compiling, and just downloading the source, I'd like to see exactly where it stopped.

Basically, I need a lot more info to debug this..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What is needed for build just Luma3DS ?
Probably what's mentioned in the luma github page:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS

Plus the obvious stuff (devkitpro, Python 2.7, etc..)

Reactions: RustInPeace

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not quite sure what's wrong (though I can say it's something in your end..)
How is your setup? What's the path of your compile folder (if there is one)? Where is AIO located?

You shouldn't have to run command and type make at all, as AIO does that for you.

Also, did you check your PATH and made sure it had the ones I posted in the 1st post?

Did you update your libs?

Show me some screenshots of examples you are facing. If it's not compiling, and just downloading the source, I'd like to see exactly where it stopped.

Basically, I need a lot more info to debug this..

AIO's located in C:\Downloads\Compressed\AIO1.4.

A screenshot example, trying to build FBI.

VcS8JKq.png

Paths
C:\Python3\Scripts\;C:\Python3\;c:\devkitPro\msys\bin;C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\bin;C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.9.2-Q16;C:\Python27\;C:\Python27\;C:\Python27\Scripts;C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\arm-none-eabi\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\DevkitPro\libctru;C:\DevkitPro\infozip;C:\DevkitPro\citrus;

I did update the libs after reading your reply and it still compiles to System32. Also when I updated the libs, it compiled them also to system32, but I don't believe they're installed in the proper paths. Folder modified dates for instance don't indicate they were changed today.

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
AIO's located in C:\Downloads\Compressed\AIO1.4.

A screenshot example, trying to build FBI.

VcS8JKq.png

Paths

I did update the libs after reading your reply and it still compiles to System32. Also when I updated the libs, it compiled them also to system32, but I don't believe they're installed in the proper paths. Folder modified dates for instance don't indicate they were changed today.
Ok, so it's not compiling because it's not going inside the source folder, because it's not finding it.

So let's cover the basis:

1- You aren't running the batch file directly from the zip.. Right? You have to extract it to whatever directory you want

2- If the above fails, move it to a smaller directory. Example: create a folder on C drive called compile and move the batch file there

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so it's not compiling because it's not going inside the source folder, because it's not finding it.

So let's cover the basis:

1- You aren't running the batch file directly from the zip.. Right? You have to extract it to whatever directory you want

2- If the above fails, move it to a smaller directory. Example: create a folder on C drive called compile and move the batch file there

It is extracted, and I did create a folder on C called "compile." Same issue. Could it be that I'm running it as an administrator? I can't actually open it by double clicking, which is odd because it worked for 1.2, but then now I can't even use 1.2 without running as administrator.

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
It is extracted, and I did create a folder on C called "compile." Same issue. Could it be that I'm running it as an administrator? I can't actually open it by double clicking, which is odd because it worked for 1.2, but then now I can't even use 1.2 without running as administrator.
Huh? You can't run it by double clicking? Yeah that is weird. Are you sure there isn't any other instance of cmd running? Maybe you need to restart PC

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh? You can't run it by double clicking? Yeah that is weird. Are you sure there isn't any other instance of cmd running? Maybe you need to restart PC

No, I used to though. My PC was shut down due to a power outage today, and it wasn't fixed. No other instance of cmd running either.

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
No, I used to though. My PC was shut down due to a power outage today, and it wasn't fixed. No other instance of cmd running either.
Ok so I partially figured out your issue. So here is the deal.

Bad news:
No idea why doubling clicking won't run for you. That's something you'll have to figure out at your end I think

Good news:
When you open cmd, does the line show that you are in this directory: C:\Windows\System32?
The source is downloading there because of that.

So what you can do is (using the example from before), go to C:/Compiling folder, hold shift and right click. You will see an option saying "open command prompt here". Click that, then drag the aio.bat to the opened cmd, and press enter. It "should" work properly this way

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I partially figured out your issue. So here is the deal.

Bad news:
No idea why doubling clicking won't run for you. That's something you'll have to figure out at your end I think

Good news:
When you open cmd, does the line show that you are in this directory: C:\Windows\System32?
The source is downloading there because of that.

So what you can do is (using the example from before), go to C:/Compiling folder, hold shift and right click. You will see an option saying "open command prompt here". Click that, then drag the aio.bat to the opened cmd, and press enter. It "should" work properly this way

I did that, and when I pressed enter, the window closed. Something I never did was install Info-Zip. The OP just says to install it, but the zip file has exe files I can't open in the same way as the AIO.bat file, the windows close immediately. Can't even run as an administrator there.

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I did that, and when I pressed enter, the window closed. Something I never did was install Info-Zip. The OP just says to install it, but the zip file has exe files I can't open in the same way as the AIO.bat file, the windows close immediately. Can't even run as an administrator there.
Ok well, at least we know where the issue is now. It's a problem with cmd at your end.

Final attempt, I just verified this one works, and uploaded it for you. Try it and let me know if this works or not.
https://www.mediafire.com/?h5pm4m6us7xe1w1

If not, I'm guessing the power outage affected something or something.. I don't know.. But't not from the .bat side

Rohul1997

Trophies
XP
Country
@RustInPeace The reason why this is happening is because the bat is being run as admin and so it uses the C:\Windows\System32 directory.

Adding this line should solve this:
Code:
@echo off
@setlocal enableextensions
@cd /d "%~dp0"
:TYPE

Use the attached bat and it should solve this.

Attachments

• AIO.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by Rohul1997,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok well, at least we know where the issue is now. It's a problem with cmd at your end.

Final attempt, I just verified this one works, and uploaded it for you. Try it and let me know if this works or not.
https://www.mediafire.com/?h5pm4m6us7xe1w1

If not, I'm guessing the power outage affected something or something.. I don't know.. But't not from the .bat side

It doesn't work, the bat file wasn't working before the power outage anyways, I only mentioned it because it was an unintentional form of restarting the PC.

@RustInPeace The reason why this is happening is because the bat is being run as admin and so it uses the C:\Windows\System32 directory.

Adding this line should solve this:
Code:
@echo off
@cd /d "%~dp0"
:TYPE

Use the attached bat and it should solve this.

That doesn't work either, even running it as an administrator closes the window immediately. Where would I add that provided line anyways?

Last edited by RustInPeace,

Rohul1997

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't work, the bat file wasn't working before the power outage anyways, I only mentioned it because it was an unintentional form of restarting the PC.

That doesn't work either, even running it as an administrator closes the window immediately. Where would I add that provided line anyways?
Re-download and try the one I attached above again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded