Homebrew Official [RELEASE] Mii-Test-U - A Wii U Gamepad functions tester utility (Support for FWs 2.0.0 - 5.5.0)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 19,029
  • Replies 79
  • Likes 16
D

Deleted User

OP
So while most of you guys were focusing on Loadiine support for 5.4, I decided to write a little program to test some of the Wii U gamepad's functions. It's a bit similar to Diagnos3 for the 3DS!

Here are some screenshots:
2016-01-07-204854.jpg 2016-01-07-204904.jpg 2016-01-07-204932.jpg 2016-01-07-205032.jpg 2016-01-07-205217.jpg
(Click them for full-size images)

Basically, it can do the following things:
  • Catches what button has just been pressed, except for the LStick and RStick Buttons for some reason...
  • Prints the analogue stick axes (for both left stick and right stick)
  • Prints battery information (including whether the gamepad is charging or not)
  • Prints touch pad coordinates
  • Allows for easy access back to the HOME menu.
It looks as if people have been having trouble with getting this to work. So what I suggest you do is to try and recompile this using the source provided.

USE YELLOWS8'S WIIUHAX TO COMPILE THIS!

Anyway, enjoy! :)

Attachments

• MIITESTU_0.1.zip
    172.8 KB · Views: 2,330
  • MiiTestUSource.zip
    40.1 KB · Views: 630
Last edited by , , Reason: Added compilation disclaimer

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good! Can't try it though.
payload540.mp4 crashes my 5.4.0U system. Freezes up right as the screen starts fading to the media player.

Hosted locally via WAMP.

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
any future work on accessing NFC communication? It would make backing up amiibos pretty easy.
I'm working on something like that right now, but it'll be a bit harder than I thought, at least without using the SDK docs(and I won't do that for now, I don't even have access to one)

Ashell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if you look at the sites for n2 elite, they have links to the nfc data for all the amiibos. Maybe if you first wrote a program that would dump the data when people put an amiibo on their pad, you could correlate it. write it so people can select their amiibo, then activate it on nfc, then auto upload the data. With the added feature of being able to download that data in the future.

ryanjf97

not long now...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So while most of you guys were focusing on Loadiine support for 5.4, I decided to write a little program to test some of the Wii U gamepad's functions. It's a bit similar to Diagnos3 for the 3DS!

Here are some screenshots:
View attachment 35501 View attachment 35504 View attachment 35503 View attachment 35502 View attachment 35505
(Click them for full-size images)

Basically, it can do the following things:
  • Catches what button has just been pressed, except for the LStick and RStick Buttons for some reason...
  • Prints the analogue stick axes (for both left stick and right stick)
  • Prints battery information (including whether the gamepad is charging or not)
  • Prints touch pad coordinates
  • Allows for easy access back to the HOME menu.
THIS HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED ON A EUROPEAN 5.5.0 PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT PAYLOADS ARE WORKING AND NOT WORKING! THANKS!

Anyway, enjoy! :)
my anti-malware picked this up as a virus...

cmdj13

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When I try to compile it (libwiiu made compatible for 5.5.0) I get this error:
Code:
./bin/loader.o: In function `_start':
loader.c:(.text+0x314): undefined reference to `_entryPoint'
Makefile:15: recipe for target 'main550' failed
make: *** [main550] Error 1
I copied the content of the (modified) libwiiu-master folder to the Source folder and put the source into another folder (so that the references to coreinit.h and the other libwiiu resources are correct).
Am I doing it wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...