[release] MHX Data Manager

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by moghedien, Jul 19, 2016.

Jul 19, 2016

[release] MHX Data Manager by moghedien at 2:01 AM (33,776 Views / 10 Likes) 223 replies

1. Priam

Newcomer Priam Member

Albania
    ok i figured out what to do, but now i'm having trouble getting the spawn coordinates to work in the frozen seaway; they all just keep spawning in area 1 even if i change the area value and X and Z coordinates, any advice?

2. Muchacho13

Newcomer Muchacho13 Newbie

Germany
    Hi buddy, awesome convert script! is it possible to convert a whole folder since there are over 100 DLC quests for MHX :)

3. moghedien
    OP

Member moghedien GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No idea, sorry :(
    If you're using Linux, use the find command: http://linuxcommand.org/man_pages/find1.html
    If you're using Windows, someone earlier in the thread said they made a batch script.

4. Ray2R

Member Ray2R GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I transferred my save from MHX to MHGen and everytime I download a DLC Quest my game crashes. Then When I start it up and go to Continue to select my character it gives me an error.

I then have to restore a previous save file from JKSaveManager and it works again. So everytime I download a DLC my game save gets corrupted. What can I do?

Edit: Downloading DLC, I mean official DLC's from ingame. My save gets corrupted so I can't even try this DLC Edit.

5. moghedien
    OP

United States
    What method did you use to transfer your save?

6. justln

Member justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Zimbabwe
    The Strider DLC is exclusive to MHGen, it isn't in MHX. I'm not sure about the item ID either.

7. moghedien
    OP

United States
    Oh... ok... I'm confused then, what exactly are you trying to do?

8. Priam

Newcomer Priam Member

Albania
    Does anyone know what is the cause of only 4 monsters spawning in the quest i'm editing? Im currently editing the ID of the "Fan Club: Great All Stars" quest and the quest ends when only 4 out of the 5 large monsters are hunted. It also only lists 4 monsters needed to be hunted in the quest info tab in-game, I'm curious as to what is causing the game to exclude the 5th large monster

*update* what does "Boss Spawn Type" effect? I think it may be a reason why the spawns are all convoluted

Last edited by Priam, Aug 21, 2016
  9. justln

Zimbabwe
    I'm trying to figure out which quest or dummied ticket the "Option" ticket would replace but seeing as how the recent Malfestio DLC which had no importance in MHX giving out Okami stuff in MHGen, I'm going to reserve my opinions.

Don't mind me, I'm just rambling.

10. moghedien
    OP

United States
    Ah ok. Well, the "Option" item has ID 1930, which in MHX is "ダミー2" (translates to "Dummy 2").

justln likes this.
  11. Ray2R

Member Ray2R GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I didn't even get to transfer my save yet. Because I backed it up then downloaded in game DLC. Then Game corrupted after downloading in game DLCs. So i just restored the backup to make save file work again.

12. Priam

Newcomer Priam Member

Albania
    I finally finished my first custom quest in MHG! I've tested and completed the quest (this is for post-endgame by the way) believe it or not. Everything should work, if there are any questions or errors in the quest let me know, thank you moghedien for all the help and the great editor!!!
    Code:
    ARC      eng\quest\questData\questData_1010128_eng                       š²+$  k @ü  fre\quest\questData\questData_1010128_fre                       š²+$*  ” @  ger\quest\questData\questData_1010128_ger                       š²+$C  ž @5  ita\quest\questData\questData_1010128_ita                       š²+$-  @x      spa\quest\questData\questData_1010128_spa                       š²+$1  £ @¥
      quest\boss\setEmMain\b_m09em016_03                              pS%      @Ö  quest\boss\setEmMain\b_m09em014_04                              pS%      @ñ  quest\boss\setEmMain\b_m09em015_06                              pS%      @  quest\boss\setEmMain\b_m09em085_02                              pS%      @#  quest\boss\setEmMain\b_m00em000_01                              pS%      @5  quest\boss\setEmMain\b_m00em000_00                              pS%      @H  quest\zako\emSetList\z_m00d_000                                 ø’Ê2   X  @W  quest\rem\rem_620074                                            -0<[U   ¸  @e  quest\rem\rem_621003                                            -0<[?   ¸  @º  quest\rem\rem_620075                                            -0<[U   ¸  @ù  quest\rem\rem_000000                                            -0<[   ¸  @N
      quest\rem\rem_620076                                            -0<[3   ¸  @^
      quest\supp\supp_1010128                                         îšSTJ   ¨  @‘
      loc\quest\questData\questData_1010128                           ŽÑ¿{  H @Û
      xœ-Ž1NAEhÐJÜÀ]%©Ø&I(=rof”Ùq{³ìm8"GÀ±þÿ¿ÿ´YºË«7Î÷Ïâѝçú|çöºµûÙ‘èßç3ÛŽ[ç¦èaC"¸'÷â&¯£Ö˜=yØ<QJTÜ6$…Ðe¥}`Pæp
    Q@QU’'
    ÂÐpÑ.£ÒÌ:ÀG",–Ø«–-†³´8ja×)dVÀ”ÆOÔiµ†L¦¸341G    FEƒ€(%_ý·yeÖ    ‡ÑbCàéHÙ‹Õ«,Í=s&·2ñ"aÙ›³˜YÜõX<„¨³;à[º©è뉫ëÚýïms@xœ5PËJC1º‘€ÿ`vn¤Ö®Á.,HÅ⃮ÜHH†6W3É¥ý›âî~Çý!?Á‰“Å$9çÌ9ÉÓb&NÏND«ýÏäAëüØ?ºä¾©He¦ŠúºóšÜ‰y蔳H¤V(Þ^ÍŽw¢‹;¾¬†=h•ª^Ç ^æ`1ƒ^+æ1¾©”LÙh,¡ßz®$E0ôe襪D¶‰‚ƺÁÜ5D;e³¶$s]M*0µÑ"Á5xÅCy†,±Á3BÇj¶äM¬ŒÅšeÁìmh‘ðæ`    :zA³ùÖ{V•Œà£iÎ"H3ô    ƒigëFâÃb‚¥™8$Xe]HñoÙzl3¾Y¢O¸M6½˜N§âlWˆêxœ5ONB1Æ«nÌK\xƒ9 yAV&&cP‰]¹1í{C[)öVÞÁà‚3¸b×›xà<3‹ÉL'¿ï›Þzlÿ`5ñý×9gÛ8ÜÖšžŽ©~$±Ç#=iSvNYßN¹Ñ50.‘=ÔópÍ&ƒ‰ŽpÇßÓaˆ: Ѳz0á6¯$úÔ4ª5„‹4’\`‘×½åj3îÁêJE¤Éëjl¨-áIcÁiÇ&¯|Ü@¤Ï?yIägÔ†&®w
    bî0Ü%ô+ÂóT)$mj©¸±Ø"Ñ ¥³-Ì’¯w^ÏŠ¾ò÷(ІYs¨¼²’äùÔYà¢Dg¿Ÿ_ìÚ¿ÑŸlôȘËKb
    œ
    }É.Ñ8e“•@7@\cÿu<*èœ4"Ÿ¢dÝn—ýe¨‹Žxœ=P1N14Ð ëøÁv4)ˆH$@C‹Û¹¬d{¯}Rx
    e
    ~‘ñö¬ˆu1ÚÝÏØ÷‹¹9<:0S}ÿ^Ýš}ïQtu¢øY½”9|¿¼ÐsumÓˆ,¼öÞ¼NpÏn#â7Þûž°pö`9Åa¨Ö›§Ó
    EÖ‘ö{ÆÚÃ;©©04C%pHq©úݶ“‚m(»Xq.5i˜wvM˜'r@ˆ“5g0·Î"œé’ÞUjQ¢*>H¸W¹F_Q"¢Þ!pK´ÛBóìp©yÿ'¾
    0²”Ì]dÇÓÛG*¨8øäÔAÿF]ÌÒO¯bs×ÄÍœ€ Nb‚>crd^²Ä€ðå3Cñq`‹®6³ÙÌüõcŽoxœ-OÍJ1Žz‘@¾Á<€”Ú“ XЊVŠWw§5’ͬ™l¡}ß¡·^÷…|¿•NC2óýÝ/æîøäÈ
    õó;½v‡:=ô€Ñúw'Væ\øýb‚3½tiÍ1Ô´3^‰»é÷†š©z®7f²qo¿$«Q¥‰*n»ê“Ý]¤~Kh_[®5€ÄÖ5¡ß„ØΔ”–˜NÄKÍ¥Kئ1½ˆç*ræÚÈÔð$-ç"P U;'ßBzà(
    W±8¦W¡$•X(ê`*’›8SÔ&$M+Û~çî®È:jÊH¶ÿ    [Iµx¼ÅtìžBZuIÝ- ă"GÜF“•Ü©ü*3 晲T
    ‰d§N“‘×A˜+þœR    ð âÙlæþ cˆ“xœc`h°gd€ føåÌÀPåb &ê¿xœc`h°gd€ tðË çxœc`h°gd€ 60ÉâÄÀ àfˆr !4Îxœc`h°gd€  s Âxœc`h°gd€ &L  ‡ Ãxœc`h°gdÀ
    _ ÁxœK-Îa   nmExœc`h°gd```d@îŒÌ,1ÌLlqÌŒ\    ÌŒl‡€ìc@öi [ Ȳ…l
    &6uF.F¶“ÌŒL‘@¬ÇÂÈ4HùÏ@#  u®Ïxœc`h°gd```âd@.ŒL|ÎŒL\ùÜ™¹Ü™xì™8mEú9왁Êþ3  ó4xœÌ©
    €@EÑ÷1™à(ˆÖP(Š EQìKð,ž›{² –ãSå'7]d¡•6Úé “.º]´[D³^4&ꨥ‘¸{ðs/›Žxœc`h°gdz  ˆ÷ Áxœc`h°gd```bc@s˜%g23²Îcfqgdécd™ÏÌÈ”úÏ0  F‰xœc`h°gd``peaFÁî,L(ØŠSä2¸®0ð3œÒ¥@š—Œ½Y ˜àÆÂÊâ´d‡Ð˜=çd Y˜xœÍ“ÍJÃ@Ç'鋇<
    ‚=¨&±ŸÐ›ŸÐ
    Bõd`IéZ‚¤ÝÄcÁ›yñ)<ù>€gn²Fk“H<ø³™þóہlüûã=¤ží"hËù\Aij ø:rQP9%
    ¨ªÚ&²D¶ òK «Óý£ˆÀvB`N
    Á•ø¡ÊA#GÑSK7-u Š¹h±69W'P$|kN1U¤hðVÈÜ9ŠXŸŸ!P~¾ÔÓ¦o    šêe–ø;lÐ7¯ÇŒ{rÝ·<ë3£:ŠÇ¨SáúùАq9b)ÂÃè³Q
    †pÅ0ìYO,C¸bÜMîŒ5·³)û»CÎMμçIJf—:Ø`êUŠ»šS3ÊËYŠÕŒŒº`ˆõxÆÛÝ“!·ÖÕÐdN‡ym;Ø
    ö¨`Äþ£„ÍÉ1'Z5k    _3™¡cÒJ5G%CýÁ    7ó«^ýΙdð±ë†ËìOý
    Þéxò

13. moghedien
    OP

United States
    So your save file is still in MHX? and when you download the DLC normally from the game it causes your save to currupt?
    It wont work like that. You have to add it as an attachment (the "Upload a File" button).

Last edited by moghedien, Aug 22, 2016
  14. justln

Zimbabwe
    Thanks. I looked through the materials needed for Strider equipment which consist of:

Nargacuga
    Savage Deviljho
    Astalos
    Rajang
    Rathalos
    Khezu

and compared them to DLC with similar monsters, no dice. I'm surprised there are dummy tickets in MHX though. Was planning to inject the tickets into the legit JPN quest but I guess I'll wait for the Gen version.

15. justln

Zimbabwe
    I'm wondering if anyone has the same issue as me.

I edited the DLC quest description to English and it lagged horribly for my group. Changed it back to just the translated quest name with description all ????? and it worked fine.

16. nakoh

Newcomer nakoh Newbie

Spain
    Does someone have some code to convert all the quests at once?

EDIT: i'm "editing" jpn quests in mhgenqe and saving them

EDIT2: Doesn't work for me. they doesn't appear in event quest list Q_Q

Last edited by nakoh, Aug 24, 2016
  17. moghedien
    OP

United States
    What did you try changing in the quest? Did you read the big blue text in the first post?

18. Rhan

Newcomer Rhan Newbie

Philippines
    If you are running Linux, I have a bash script to convert them all at once.

19. moghedien
    OP

United States
    No need for bash script if you're using Linux, just use find :)
    Code:
    find input -name "*.arc" -exec python convert_quest.py input/{} output/{} \;

20. Zerofrost9p

Newcomer Zerofrost9p Newbie

United States
    Here you go its a copy of my q1010132.arc its a Quest that give you Strider dlc item need to fight a savage jho for it. note: Used mine own word in it since Strider is exclusive only to mhgen.
    its already converted just need to import it.

Attached Files: