ROM Hack [Release] MH Talisman Editor for MHXX MHX/MHGen MH4G/MH4U

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTICE: Displayed skill limits are BETA and can contain errors; perfectly legal talisman can be reported as over-limit. If you find such errors please reply to let me know so I can fix it.
NOTICE: The most recent virus definition update for Windows Defender started flagging the binaries as a trojan virus. This is a false positive and has been reported to Microsoft, but it is unclear when it will get resolved.

UPDATE: v0.5.2.0BETA
Changes:
-Adjusted temporary English translations
-Re-organized MHXX skill table to be in line with the latest release of GANSIMU
-Added import from CSV functionality. Only CSV files generated by the "Export to CSV" button will be accepted. Only CSV files generated from the same game will be accepted.

UPDATE: v0.5.1.0BETA

Changes:
-Fixed a bug that caused rare 8 and rare 9 talismans to be incorrectly written out, causing only a subset of them being accepted by the game.
-Updated MHXX skill limits. This should be final; if anyone finds that something is wrong please reply as I won't be actively checking the limits after this release.

UPDATE: v0.5.0.0BETA

Changes:
-Added final missing skills for MHXX. (However, none are valid in charms)
-Added English and Chinese translation for MHXX game data.
-Added MHXX skill limits.
-Fixed a bug that would crash the program when switching games.
-Note: with this release MHXX is now fully supported. Please report bugs if you find any.
-Note: skills with an underscore prefix are placeholder translations until the official one comes out (MHGenGen?). This only applies to the English data mode.

UPDATE: v0.5.0.0ALPHA2

Changes:
-Added a whole bunch of new skills.
-Added new rare 10 level.
-TODO: find skill limits, update translations

UPDATE: v0.5.0.0ALPHA

Changes:
-WARNING: this is a development build that is barely working. My main motivation for releasing this is to see if people might use it and tell me if there are bugs. I currently don't recommend using this on your main save.
-Added support for MHXX. Again, use at your own risk.
-New skills are added on bottom row of skill table (will be re-located later). Three skills are labeled UNKNOWN because I can't figure out what they are. If you know, reply and tell me please.
-Data language for MHXX is fixed to Japanese for now; changing the language to anything else has no effect.
-Skill limits for MHXX should be ignored as they haven't been adjusted to the new game yet, so if you see messages like "level exceeds limit" just ignore the message (it won't stop you from doing anything).
-Currently assuming a total of 20 pages of box storage is possible. Not sure if this is the final limit, but the editor will give you an error if you fill your box past that limit.
-In the backups folder each file now is appended with the game's abbreviation.

UPDATE: v0.4.3.0BETA

Changes:
-Added option to override file size check when loading a MH4G/MH4U save file. No guarantees are made if you choose to proceed, and the program may even crash as a result.
-Note: no other changes have been made, so if you don't encounter a "CORRUPT_SAVE" error message when loading MH4G/MH4U saves there is no need to switch versions.

UPDATE: v0.4.2.0BETA

Changes:
-Added new filter settings. By setting the grade and/or skill position filters the main skill table will be masked to display only those skills that are valid for those settings. Enabling the auto filter checkbox will automatically adjust the filter settings depending on the currently selected talisman.
-Fixed crashing bug when clicking on the headers of the talisman list.
-Updated skill limits for MHX/MHGen. Hopefully this will be the last update to the skill limits. No, really.

UPDATE: v0.4.1.3BETA

Changes:
-Fixed bug in empty slot count calculation.
-Updated skill limits for MHX/MHGen. I manually checked all the limits in-game and edited a whole bunch of them; hopefully this will be the last update to the skill limits.

UPDATE: v0.4.1.2BETA

Changes:
-Updated skill limits for MHX/MHGen

UPDATE: v0.4.1.0BETA
Changes:
-Added skill limits preview window. Now, when you mouse over the skill table a small window will appear to the bottom right of the mouse cursor showing you the skill level limits for each talisman grade. You can disable this functionality by editing the .Config file as described in the Readme.txt. As always, the skill limits displayed have not been fully vetted and may contain errors; if you find such errors I would really appreciated it if you reply to this thread to let me know.

UPDATE: v0.4.0.5BETA

Changes:
-Fixed bug: data language settings did not persist across program sessions.
-Updated skill category name "Variant" to the official translation "Deviant".

UPDATE: v0.4.0.4BETA

Changes:
-Updated skill names for MHGen; now all translations are official
-Updated skill limits for several skills (MHX/MHGen)
-Fixed bug: adding a new talisman by selecting a slot level can crash the program when the skill is being set. Now, a talisman grade will automatically be set for you in such cases to avoid the crash.
-Fixed bug: graphical glitch caused skill levels to only revert back to the black color when both levels are within limits. Now they operate independently.
-Fixed bug: adding a new talisman by clicking on the skill table crashes program if the talisman list was loaded empty. Fixed by adding a blank talisman (dragon grade, no slots) if the loaded profile contained no talismans. This blank talisman will never be saved if you don't add skills to it. (note: this is true in general, any talisman that doesn't have skills/have 0 skill levels will be ignored by the save function)

UPDATE: v0.4.0.1BETA
Changes:
-Fixed bug causing data language to be improperly loaded upon program reboot
-Disabled sorting of talisman list via the column headers because the sorting is heavily broken...still trying to find a fix for this

UPDATE: v0.4BETA
Changes:
-Automatically makes backups of your save data whenever you press the save button (see readme on how to modify config to configure this feature, such as enable/disable/limit number of saves)
-Added option to display talisman list to the right of the skill table instead of to the bottom (see readme on how to modify config for this feature)
-Added verification of slot numbers
-Updated skill limits
-Added support for MH4G/MH4U. WARNING: only tested on MH4G, but should work on MH4U as well

NOTE: There is a new combobox located on the top right of the window, which allows you to select the game. This selection is saved to the config and the program will launch with the last selected game. When you load your MH4G/MH4U save file, please select the ENCRYPTED data files; this tool automatically does the necessary decryption/encryption. Finally, the skill limits for both games are still WIP, so don't be surprised if your vanilla talisman obtained in game shows up with red text (if it does, let me know).

UPDATE: v0.3BETA
-Added support for Japanese and Chinese UI languages
-Added support for English and Chinese game data languages (skill names ...etc)
-Updates skill limits, should be all correct now. If the editor reports that a skill is out of limits most likely that single talisman will be entirely zeroed out in game (meaning no skills or slots)
-Fixed some bugs that caused weird behavior when talisman list entries were incomplete (skills with 0 or missing levels ...etc)

1-jp.png 2-en.png 3-ch.png 4-skillpreview.png

I wrote this to make my life easier, and hopefully some of you can get some use out of it too.
It allows you to add/remove/modify any talisman in your equipment box, as well as dump out a CSV list of your talisman that is compatible with masax_mh's popular GANSIMU program. It does not, however, allow you to create talisman that is more powerful than anything in-game.

This is beta software, so use at your own risk; I will not be responsible for whatever happens if you choose to run this program. Needless to say, backup your save before using this tool.

Instructions are included in the readme but should be pretty straightforward.
As the title suggests this is a work-in-progress and I will update this thread when I've coded more features/fixed some bugs.

Many thanks to moghedien who's documentation of the save data made this possible.

PS. .NET 4.0 is required, but that should be included with every version of Windows on or after Windows 7

Attachments

• MH Talisman Editor v0.4.2.0BETA.zip
    80.5 KB · Views: 13,510
  • MH Talisman Editor v0.5.1.0BETA.zip
    97.3 KB · Views: 4,344
  • MH Talisman Editor v0.5.2.0BETA.zip
    98.6 KB · Views: 16,012
Last edited by jc28735250,

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Which method of savegame-backup do you use? Or rather, which way of re-injecting?

Because for some reason, my Save Data-Manager refuses to work.

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which method of savegame-backup do you use? Or rather, which way of re-injecting?

Because for some reason, my Save Data-Manager refuses to work.
Depends on whether you have access to CFW.
If you do, then SaveDataFiler is king.
If you don't, and just have homebrew access, then I would use extdata_dump written by MrCheeze.

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am wondering: How hard would it be, to make something like this for MH4U? Only charms with an easy to understand layout.

Since my save for 4U died when I set up my CFW (Own tough, blablabla) I eventually wanted to get back into the sattle, but charms always cripple my enthusiasm.

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering: How hard would it be, to make something like this for MH4U? Only charms with an easy to understand layout.

Since my save for 4U died when I set up my CFW (Own tough, blablabla) I eventually wanted to get back into the sattle, but charms always cripple my enthusiasm.

MH4U's talismans play by slightly different rules. Basically the rarities are grouped into two's and each group has its own skill limits. I might be able to modify the program to support MH4U but it will take a while.
No guarantees this will happen lol.

Reactions: Coffee Prosecutor

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
I just updated to v 1.2 and the edited talismans that I had didn't got erased. Nice tool! This saves me a ton of time mining and focus only on hunting and gathering materials. :D

drickmel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: save editor didn't cause this.

U̶R̶G̶E̶N̶T̶!̶
̶I̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶e̶f̶i̶l̶e̶
̶
̶-̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶s̶h̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶g̶u̶i̶l̶d̶c̶a̶r̶d̶.̶
̶-̶W̶h̶e̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶g̶u̶i̶l̶d̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶i̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶s̶h̶.̶ ̶(̶T̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶3̶d̶s̶.̶)̶
̶
̶O̶t̶h̶e̶r̶w̶i̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶t̶c̶,̶ ̶e̶t̶c̶.̶.̶.̶
̶
̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶b̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶p̶ ̶g̶u̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶.̶
̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶g̶l̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶e̶f̶i̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶5̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶u̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶g̶l̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶o̶v̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶a̶p̶.̶
̶
̶C̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶r̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶g̶u̶i̶l̶d̶c̶a̶r̶d̶?̶

Last edited by drickmel,

drickmel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can check and send my Guild Card no problem, all right.

Did you edit existing charms or created some from scratch? ALso, did you create GCs, that are fitting or your rank?

I edited an existing talisman. Create a GC? This is only a Talisman editing tool and this is the only tool that I used.

drickmel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant talisman, sorry... :>

Creating unusual charms may cause problems to happen as well.
What are some stuff that I need to avoid to prevent problems? I restored my save and decided to try and generate a talisman this time and I can finally check my guildcard without crashing. Weird, really don't know what caused this.

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, what hunterrank are you?
On lowrank, you can't get better charms from rar 1 to 4. (The... pinkish ones)
On Highrank, every charm is available, possibly.

In 4U, it never caused problems, but maybe there is a checksum, that registers, wether you ever beat a highrank-quest and thus, possibly are eligible to have achieved such charms, or not.

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
URGENT!
It was working and everything but this thing bugged my savefile

-The game crashes and forces me to restart whenever I check my own guildcard.
-Whenever someone got my guildcard and decided to check it, their game would also crash. (Tested this myself with my other characters in a different 3ds.)

Otherwise, I can still do everything like going online etc, etc...

I could say, that I made a booby trap guild card because of this lol.
I'm glad that I backed up my savefile, but I lost about 5 hours of hunts and items. I'm glad that I discovered this asap.

Can some confirm this and check their own guildcard?

Hey sorry to hear that happened to you.
I've used this tool numerous times and haven't had problems like that, but that doesn't mean this tool is bug-free.
If you can remember the circumstances that caused the bugged GC for me to replicate the bug that would be great. Things like which character it was and what specific talisman was modified to what.
If you still have the bugged save I'd love to take a look at it as well.

In general this tool only writes to the section of the save that stores the 1400 equipment slots.
The only way I could think of that could affect the GC is if an illegal talisman was equipped and the GC was updated to show that talisman.
The tool tries to warn you if you go out of limits by showing the numbers in red, but they are best-guess limits at this point.
Nevertheless, I can't stress enough that this is BETA software, and you should backup your saves before making changes with this tool.

drickmel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, what hunterrank are you?
On lowrank, you can't get better charms from rar 1 to 4. (The... pinkish ones)
On Highrank, every charm is available, possibly.

In 4U, it never caused problems, but maybe there is a checksum, that registers, wether you ever beat a highrank-quest and thus, possibly are eligible to have achieved such charms, or not.

I am High Rank HR 36+
Its good that it never caused problems.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey sorry to hear that happened to you.
I've used this tool numerous times and haven't had problems like that, but that doesn't mean this tool is bug-free.
If you can remember the circumstances that caused the bugged GC for me to replicate the bug that would be great. Things like which character it was and what specific talisman was modified to what.
If you still have the bugged save I'd love to take a look at it as well.

In general this tool only writes to the section of the save that stores the 1400 equipment slots.
The only way I could think of that could affect the GC is if an illegal talisman was equipped and the GC was updated to show that talisman.
The tool tries to warn you if you go out of limits by showing the numbers in red, but they are best-guess limits at this point.
Nevertheless, I can't stress enough that this is BETA software, and you should backup your saves before making changes with this tool.

Thanks for responding, yes. I backed up the bugged savefile, ill PM it to you.
I really never made an illegal talisman but more info on the pm...

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the bugged save and confirmed that it does indeed crash when you try to view the GC.
However, I have been unable to reproduce this error with the tool.
I've tried modifying my equipped talisman but that by itself does not cause the GC to crash.
If anyone else encounters a similar bug (or any bug really) please let me know.

drickmel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, might you be able to help me? I think that it isn't your tool that's causing to bug my save file. So I'm terribly sorry for that part. It happened to me again today. I had to restore my backup to fix my guildcard. Lost a couple hours of gameplay once again. T__T

Do you know anything about debugging? if there's a way for you to fix this issue, I would really be grateful if you can find the source and make a workaround to it.

So here some more details.
I've been sending and accepting Guild Cards just fine and checking my Guild Card has been fine so far until this issue. Is it something to do with receiving some Japanese player's guild cards? Because, I already had a couple of them.

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, might you be able to help me? I think that it isn't your tool that's causing to bug my save file. So I'm terribly sorry for that part. It happened to me again today. I had to restore my backup to fix my guildcard. Lost a couple hours of gameplay once again. T__T

Do you know anything about debugging? if there's a way for you to fix this issue, I would really be grateful if you can find the source and make a workaround to it.

So here some more details.
I've been sending and accepting Guild Cards just fine and checking my Guild Card has been fine so far until this issue. Is it something to do with receiving some Japanese player's guild cards? Because, I already had a couple of them.

I'm very sorry to hear that, but I cannot figure out how you could have corrupted your save. I don't think guild cards from Japanese players are relevant since this game IS released for Japan. As I've said I have been unable to reproduce your issue, and I haven't received reports from others of similar problems.

If you can figure out a set of steps to reproduce the issue that would be fantastic, like which tools did you use...etc. Also, are you using any patches such as the English patch?

In any case the newest version of my tool automatically makes backups before you make saving changes, so you should be able to fish out a working copy of your save from the "Backups" folder. Then I would suggest to always check your GC after a mod to make sure everything works.

Last edited by jc28735250,

drickmel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't in anyway this tool's fault. For the steps, only started happening when I receive GQ from Japanese players then check them later. Luckily Im always doing backups so I only lose a few hr's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: