Homebrew [Release] Meritous for 3ds (using lib SDL 1.2 )

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@CaptainHIT , the game problems you reported should be fixed now, now I'm trying to fix rhe random crash before releasing an update.

But about the home button not working to exit the game, I can't reproduce it. Does it happen always or only in a situation of the game?

I've installed Luma 8.1.1, some say it's because of Luma. But happens only sometimes. I can't recreate it too when I want to. :(

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've installed Luma 8.1.1, some say it's because of Luma. But happens only sometimes. I can't recreate it too when I want to. :(

The home key handling is managed by SDL lib, not by the game code, and works fine AFAIK. Latest luma could have problems (can't test it) but if not, pressing the home button the game should be paused.

What could happens is that, after the pause screes is showed and the users select to closethe game, it the game code is in a loop without checking for events, the game may hang.

If you can find a specific place where this happens, I can check the code for that case to fix it.

For example, I never finished the game and don't know if is possible to exit the game this way during the ending sequence (I saw it on youtube)). That is a point where this problem could happen.

If I have time, I'll release a new meritous version this evening (European time) so while I continue sercibg for the crash bug, if you want you cancheck if the other things are fixed now.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
By the way, I forgot to add, whenever I enter the map, it's not centered, instead the character is always at the left upper corner. Doesn't matter wherever I go, always at the same place. There is also a room which is on the minimap, but not on the big map and cannot be entered. Is this some kind of secret/easteregg of the game? Or is it just a bug? Because of this room I'm always at 2999 and will never be 3000. :(

Attachments

• IMAG3549.jpg
    IMAG3549.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 178
  • IMAG3550.jpg
    IMAG3550.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 231
  • IMAG3551.jpg
    IMAG3551.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 193

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The home key handling is managed by SDL lib, not by the game code, and works fine AFAIK. Latest luma could have problems (can't test it) but if not, pressing the home button the game should be paused.

What could happens is that, after the pause screes is showed and the users select to closethe game, it the game code is in a loop without checking for events, the game may hang.

If you can find a specific place where this happens, I can check the code for that case to fix it.

For example, I never finished the game and don't know if is possible to exit the game this way during the ending sequence (I saw it on youtube)). That is a point where this problem could happen.

If I have time, I'll release a new meritous version this evening (European time) so while I continue sercibg for the crash bug, if you want you cancheck if the other things are fixed now.

Yes, it mostly happened on the ending screen.

rewrewrew123

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Man, just a fact: what font have you used in the main menu screen? It is awesome, I like that one because it is so old stylish...

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New version with requested fixes is out.

About hidden room, it's in the original sources. Don't know if it's a bug or something else.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you. I'm trying to fix everything, already added more padding on all the borders. I'm also tracing the crash, pobably caused by a memory leak in the original code, hope to fix it too.

I'll release it something next week. About the QR codes, I think it's the https that causes the problem. I'll fix the QR codes soon.

New FBI 2.4.12 fixed those QR problems. It was a fault of FBI 2.4.11, not yours. Now installing with FBI QR read is working. I've tried the same QR code with 2.4.11 and afterwards with 2.4.12. 2.4.11 gave an error whereas 2.4.12 downloaded and installed it successfully. Sorry about that. :shy:

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New FBI 2.4.12 fixed those QR problems. It was a fault of FBI 2.4.11, not yours. Now installing with FBI QR read is working. I've tried the same QR code with 2.4.11 and afterwards with 2.4.12. 2.4.11 gave an error whereas 2.4.12 downloaded and installed it successfully. Sorry about that. :shy:

Not your fault, you where only reporting a problem. Thak you for let me know that the ptoblem is now solved.

And, not related to this thread, but I'm working to remove the blur effect from not scaled rendering in the SDL lib (that you reported in the Sqrxz3 release thread). I should release it next week, with an update of the games.

Reactions: CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not your fault, you where only reporting a problem. Thak you for let me know that the ptoblem is now solved.

And, not related to this thread, but I'm working to remove the blur effect from not scaled rendering in the SDL lib (that you reported in the Sqrxz3 release thread). I should release it next week, with an update of the games.

To all of retroguru games? ;)

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To all of retroguru games? ;)
Only Hermes and Sqrxz3 use SDL, and next week I'll release the updated files (the fix to the SDL libc is finished and now pixels are perfectly clear). I'm making a new port of Xump using SDL, and probaly I'll move to SDL all the other titles, but I'll work on thrm when I have time, and it's not to be soon.

I'm also porting a new Retroguru tile now, but it's a surprise!

Reactions: CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Only Hermes and Sqrxz3 use SDL, and next week I'll release the updated files (the fix to the SDL libc is finished and now pixels are perfectly clear). I'm making a new port of Xump using SDL, and probaly I'll move to SDL all the other titles, but I'll work on thrm when I have time, and it's not to be soon.

I'm also porting a new Retroguru tile now, but it's a surprise!

I can wait for those SDL conversions. And my fingers are crossed for this new retroguru title. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1