Hacking [RELEASE] Luma Updater

KunoichiZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until I can find a way to make updating boot.firm on CTRNAND optional, I've disabled it and disabled showing the commit after the version of "Current installed version" because it was showing the commit number plus a random number that's not supposed to be there. Please redownload v2.1.

Reason why? #BlameReddit

Kartik

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Until I can find a way to make updating boot.firm on CTRNAND optional, I've disabled it and disabled showing the commit after the version of "Current installed version" because it was showing the commit number plus a random number that's not supposed to be there. Please redownload v2.1.

Reason why? #BlameReddit
I'm working on making it optional but it's taking time.

Reactions: pixelmasher

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a question. After updating Luma3DS to the latest build using LumaUpdater v2.1, my N3DS(11.4 with boot9stram + Luma3DS v7.1) doesn't turn on anymore. When I press the power button, the blue light turns on for a second, and then the system immediately shuts off.

Did I mess something up, and did my 3DS get hardbricked? I have a NAND backup, but I can't restore it because I can't even access GodMode9. Maybe it has something to do with CTRNAND?

Here's my lumaupdater.log
https://pastebin.com/qrbE0RLE
I don't have lumapudater.cfg on the root of my SD card.

I followed this guide, so I have CTRNAND Luma3DS.
https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap#section-iv---ctrnand-luma3ds

Last edited by Emenaria,

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question. After updating Luma3DS to the latest build using LumaUpdater v2.1, my N3DS(11.4 with boot9stram + Luma3DS v7.1) doesn't turn on anymore. When I press the power button, the blue light turns on for a second, and then the system immediately shuts off.

Did I mess something up, and did my 3DS get hardbricked? I have a NAND backup, but I can't restore it because I can't even access GodMode9. Maybe it has something to do with CTRNAND?

Try rolling back by putting the official luma 7.1 firm.bin on your SD card root. If Firm.bin is corrupted there's nothing to launch the GodMode9 payload.

Last edited by Elaugaufein,
Reactions: Emenaria

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States

I followed this guide, so I think I have CTRNAND Luma3DS.
https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap#section-iv---ctrnand-luma3ds
Try taking out the SD Card and putting it back in. This usually happens to me and I discovered that taking out the SD Card and putting it back in fixes it. If that doesn't work, try this:
Try rolling back by putting the official luma 7.1 firm.bin on your SD card root. If Firm.bin is corrupted there's nothing to launch the GodMode9 payload.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reason why? #BlameReddit
Try allowing us to toggle it using lumaupdater.cfg.

Reactions: Emenaria

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Try taking out the SD Card and putting it back in. This usually happens to me and I discovered that taking out the SD Card and putting it back in fixes it. If that doesn't work, try this:
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! That worked! I thought I was literally doomed because I didn't know how it works and thought that the console tries to read the corrupted "boot.firm" on CTRNAND first (then the one on SD card), and there is no way to access CTRNAND without hardmodding...

Kartik

Trophies
XP
Country
India

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try allowing us to toggle it using lumaupdater.cfg.
Downloading right to CTR-NAND has been made optional in the latest commit.

Reactions: PrincessLillie

KunoichiZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, does it also download to SD at the same time?
Yes it does.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! That worked! I thought I was literally doomed because I didn't know how it works and thought that the console tries to read the corrupted "boot.firm" on CTRNAND first (then the one on SD card), and there is no way to access CTRNAND without hardmodding...
The latest hourly is/was broken (I'm not sure if any new hourlies have come out yet). That's why you had that issue. I experienced the same thing when testing the new optional CTRNAND feature.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there an option to only do latest official to CTRNand and nightlies to SD ? Seems like that's the best way to do rolling updates by default.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I see what's going on with the latest nightlies being broken. The nightlies now build commits for branches other than master, and those branches are often more experimental (the gpu branch exists to work on something known to be broken for example)

If there's some way you can avoid downloading non-master nightlies (or make it optional) that would probably help.

KunoichiZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I see what's going on with the latest nightlies being broken. The nightlies now build commits for branches other than master, and those branches are often more experimental (the gpu branch exists to work on something known to be broken for example)

If there's some way you can avoid downloading non-master nightlies (or make it optional) that would probably help.
That's not up to me though. That's up to astronautlevel to do. They just gave me the link where their hourly builds are.

KunoichiZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v2.1.1 has been released! ALSO, PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE LATEST HOURLY. THE HOURLIES ARE BROKEN AT THIS TIME.

Changelog:
Please note: Do not update to the latest hourly at this time. The hourly builds are broken. This is not a bug with Luma Updater, please do not state that this a bug. Any issues posted on the issues page about this will be closed immediately and ignored as I see them.

As of this update, this has been submitted to TitleDB. It is the second Luma3DS Updater listed, with KunoichiZ / Hamcha listed as the author.

What's New:
  • Made writing to CTRNAND optional. To use it, select the option you want to install and when asked, press A+X to enable CTRNAND writing or B to disable CTRNAND writing (instructions will be on the bottom screen). Thanks to @Kartik for that.
  • Added restore CTRNAND boot.firm.bak. The text for this will be on the bottom screen when you select Restore backup and the top screen will not change. Thanks to @Kartik again.
  • Removed the extra commit character next to "Current installed version". Thanks to @gnmmarechal for that.
  • Changed the title ID to 00040000001deb00. Previously, it was 00040000001dea00. This change is to hopefully make it show up in TitleDB. You will have to delete the old version to use this version, otherwise, you'll have two versions of Luma Updater installed.

Download link: https://github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases/tag/v2.1.1

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning