Homebrew [Release] Linux for the 3DS

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, that's not this... because I've upgraded arm9loaderhax v2 today. Juste before I've tried LinuxArm9, and black screen appears too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

+ I have a arm9loaderhax .cia Linux (I don't where I found it, but it's installed a long time ago) and it's works...

D

Deleted User

No, that's not this... because I've upgraded arm9loaderhax v2 today. Juste before I've tried LinuxArm9, and black screen appears too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

+ I have a arm9loaderhax .cia Linux (I don't where I found it, but it's installed a long time ago) and it's works...

There is no "arm9loaderhax .cia Linux". There is a .cia version of the Linux Loader, found here, which works on anything that allows installing unsigned .cia's. If you wish to use the arm9loaderhax.bin for Linux Loader, you will have to downgrade your A9LH. With the new version, most A9LH payloads seem to have a bug with loading, such as the Linux Loader, Decrypt9, EmuNAND9, and others.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: nooby89

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, thanks.
I will use the .cia, because I don't want to downgrade my arm9loaderhax version..

WilliamO7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it compatible with a9lh v2 ?
Should do since 'a9lh v2' only refers to the initial payload (emebdded into nand) and not the one on the SD card (which is what you use to boot Linux).

EDIT: Just looked above at the problems some people were having with the new payload, so YMMV.

Last edited by WilliamO7,
Reactions: Allahu_Spooky_Cena

xerpi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys.. more news!! I've managed to get the second core of the ARM11 running, this means that Linux now runs on both CPU cores (3rd and 4th core of N3DS are still off btw). Another thing I've managed to get working is the circle pad (now you can move the mouse using the circle pad).

I'm currently doing some cleanups, I'll upload the binaries very soon™.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys.. more news!! I've managed to get the second core of the ARM11 running, this means that Linux now runs on both CPU cores (3rd and 4th core of N3DS are still off btw). Another thing I've managed to get working is the circle pad (now you can move the mouse using the circle pad).

I'm currently doing some cleanups, I'll upload the binaries very soon™.
random question, circle pad works even when used through arm9loaderhax? that would be pretty cool :)

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

xerpi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
random question, circle pad works even when used through arm9loaderhax? that would be pretty cool :)

Yes, I managed to get the touchscreen working through arm9loaderhax, and since the touchscreen and circle pad are read the same way, circle pad also works coming from arm9loaderhax.

Moreover, I'm doing all the Linux development with arm9loaderhax (I installed it a few days ago), so everything that I say that works, I mean that it works through arm9loaderhax.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I managed to get the touchscreen working through arm9loaderhax, and since the touchscreen and circle pad are read the same way, circle pad also works coming from arm9loaderhax.

Moreover, I'm doing all the Linux development with arm9loaderhax (I installed it a few days ago), so everything that I say that works, I mean that it works through arm9loaderhax.
looking forward to it :D

Reactions: ihaveahax

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using linux through a9lh; when trying to use /mmcmount.sh, I get this:
Code:
Error: Can't have a partition outside the disk!
mount: mounting /dev/nintendo3ds_mmc1 on /media/sd failed: No such file or directory
SD mounted at /media/sd

xerpi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
using linux through a9lh; when trying to use /mmcmount.sh, I get this:
Code:
Error: Can't have a partition outside the disk!
mount: mounting /dev/nintendo3ds_mmc1 on /media/sd failed: No such file or directory
SD mounted at /media/sd

Yeah currently it's hardcoded to see the SD card as a 16GB card, so SD cards bigger than 16GB won't work for now :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs