[Release] johtoNTR Pokemon Gold and Silver VC

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by TheGreek Boy, Oct 11, 2017.

1. TheGreek Boy
    OP

TheGreek Boy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 9, 2016
    Greece
    Behind you.
    This is an NTR Cheat Plugin i made for the gen 2 pokemon virtual console games:)

It works ONLY with:
    English Version
    Spanish Version
    Italian Version
    French Version

Requirements
    1. A 2DS/3DS
    2. NTR Custom Firmware
    How to install it

1. Download the plugin HERE
    2. Extract the "plugin" folder
    3. Copy it to the root of your 3ds' SD Card

Cheat List
    SHOW CHEATS!!

Cheats with orange line have a note
    Press Y to display the note

Credits

Thanks to @cell9 for the NTR CFW!
    Thanks to @Nanquitas for the Gateshark2NTR!
    Thanks to @MYSELF for the cheat codes:)

Last edited by TheGreek Boy, Oct 16, 2017 at 6:56 AM
    zaferman, bonoboy, neim81094 and 8 others like this.

2. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    No Crystal?

BORTZ likes this.
  3. ThoD

ThoD GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    There's no Crystal VC you know, these are for the official release, not custom VC games...

4. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Does this work for all languages of the game, as in, it works with the english, japanese, spanish... releases?

5. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    I realize this but at this point it's pretty much guaranteed it's coming, so it would have been a nice addition. Not to mention most people have injected Crystal into the official Gold with the title ID changed to reflect the place holder on the CDN. It's essentially the same exact thing.

6. ThoD

ThoD GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    It says English and I just checked it, it works with at least European English version, too lazy to test others, let's wait for OP.

How is it guaranteed exactly? As for injecting, the values in the memory are at least a little bit off so you can assume that it doesn't work. Gold/Silver have the exact same values for everything, but Crystal has extras, which means you need to make something separate for it.

7. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    They aren't off when you use the exact ROM, where do you think it's reading the memory from dude? Yes, it might require another plugin separately but injecting Crystal into Gold doesn't alter the offsets of the Crystal ROM, so any plugin written correctly would work for VC injects or not.
    Um and have you been paying attention to these threads? There are title IDs on the CDN between Gold/Silver released for every region. It's heavily implied by the server itself.

Why do you seem so hostile? I wasn't questioning if it worked for Crystal; I was asking if he planned to write a plugin for it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

For some reason you think injecting a full ROM into another VC game somehow either combines them or uses RAM processes from the original game.... It doesn't work like that.

Last edited by Majickhat55, Oct 11, 2017
    KunoichiZ likes this.
  8. Justin20020

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    The only interesting things in pkmn cheats is for me the 2x exp multiplier :/

9. TheGreek Boy
    OP

Jan 9, 2016
    Greece
    Behind you.
    i don't have test it with other languages yet

10. THYPLEX

THYPLEX GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
    No Italian ?
    And the rare candy code ?
    I really need that

11. TheGreek Boy
    OP

Jan 9, 2016
    Greece
    Behind you.
    tommorow i will test it with all regions and maybe i will add some more codes:)

12. detonyle

detonyle Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2017
    France
    how can we adapt to other region ( French version) Of Gold & Silver VC Game ?

13. TheGreek Boy
    OP

Jan 9, 2016
    Greece
    Behind you.
    use freeshop

14. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    The original GBC-era gameshark codes were not functional with Crystal, so I'm pretty sure there's a memory difference. The save file for Crystal is also a different size from Gold. (Or at least, one time I opened a gold save in pkxdelta and accidentally picked Crystal as the save type, and the program gave me an error about unexpected ending.) Crystal would need its own plugin, because it's not an identical game like G/S are. (You can safely take a Gold file and slap it into Silver with no errors whatsoever. I've done it.)

15. ThoD

ThoD GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    As BlueLeafeon said:
    If say the save data for Pokeballs is in register X in Gold/Silver (EXACTLY the same data), it may be in X+3 register in Crystal (just random example, not accurate, just to make you understand). Crystal has extra items, functions, etc.. For example, simply the addition of the Battle Tower taking space in the internal memory is enough to make some other values shift to different addresses. I NEVER said what you claim I did (that it combines them or uses RAM processes from the original), it uses the INJECTED ROM's RAM processes, which is why there can't be a universal cheat plugin for Gold/Silver/Crystal, only Gold/Silver. As for being hostile, I clearly aren't, you just failed to read what I said properly. Finally, about the "asking if he planned to write a plugin for it", all you said was literally this:
    Following logic, the first explanation of what you were asking about was what I answered, it's not my fault you were so vague.

Btw, thanks @TheGreek Boy for this, really helped me speed through the game!

PS: For anyone wanting more than what is offered, like much more, VC games support save editing too!:P

16. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Again, I never said I expected a Gold.Silver PLG to work with Crystal. I was asking for a crystal plugin. You must not have read what I wrote. I wasn't that vague, it's not my fault you don't have common sense. If you checked my post history you'd know I wasn't daft enough to assume what you thought. I don't understand your tirade anyhow, it's utterly pointless. Have a good day.

17. TheGreek Boy
    OP

Jan 9, 2016
    Greece
    Behind you.
    if someone have test it with other regions let me know if worked or not

18. detonyle

detonyle Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2017
    France
    Doesn't not work with FRA ( french) version

19. TheGreek Boy
    OP

Jan 9, 2016
    Greece
    Behind you.
    right now added support for French, Spanish and Italian Version:)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

tell me if something is wrong

THYPLEX likes this.
  20. sallos9812

sallos9812 Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    Korea also has POKEMON Gold / Silver VC, can you make a cheat plug?
    I will provide you with a CIA if you need it.