Homebrew [RELEASE] Howling Theme Tool - Create your own CIA theme packages with Custom and Official themes

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sorry for dumb question, are you sure that your CIA has proper region?
Maybe you accidently made one for European or Japanese Home Menu? I did such mistake for couple of times. )
Also, try to install it with WiFi turned off, to be sure that eShop can't delete those themes.

Last edited by redunka,

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
please, show me snapshots or camera pictures (300kb or lower) step by step of what you are doing (do not upload a video, please, Cuban Internet it's too slow)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@gudenaurock be sure to have at least 700MB free in your system drive (ussually C:/) before making the theme pack or you will be creating a dummy package

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
please, show me snapshots or camera pictures (300kb or lower) step by step of what you are doing (do not upload a video, please, Cuban Internet it's too slow)

@gudenaurock be sure to have at least 700MB free in your system drive (ussually C:/) before making the theme pack or you will be creating a dummy package
Hope this is good for you, one third of the size you asked for. ;-)

Attachments

• screenCaps.zip
    101.3 KB · Views: 281
Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hope this is good for you, one third of the size you asked for. ;-)
are you in CFW?
if so, try to install the cia directly from the SD (not via Wi-Fi) and use BigBlueMenu

this does not work in Gateway

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
are you in CFW?
if so, try to install the cia directly from the SD (not via Wi-Fi) and use BigBlueMenu

this does not work in Gateway
I tried rxTools and reiNAND, I also tried a local install with FBI. I will try BBM.

BBM worked, we need to yell at the FBI guy.

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I tried rxTools and reiNAND, I also tried a local install with FBI. I will try BBM.

BBM worked, we need to yell at the FBI guy.

told you!

nothing better than the original nintendo's tool!

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This app it's just for create theme packs for use in CFW in consoles with SYSNAND 9.2 or lower
About the CFW, I am trying to make a CFW for 9.3 to 10.1 but the only progress I have it's the ability to downgrade MSET (similar to rxTools) and the ability to replace some other titles. Also I am able to boot a partial CFW in SYSNAND, but I do know why only some of the things I patch in ARM9 are patched (2/8)
Can you downgrade gsp to allow for gspwn again?

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I gotta say that this does make it a ton easier. But what part did you find difficult? Or were you referring to the lengthy time necessary to make a theme?
before HTT you have to create just 1 theme cia or smash your head to the wall like Rei did to be able to create theme packages with more than 1 theme

Hi can you share your Custom theme that you have created before?
they are on the release package

Can you downgrade gsp to allow for gspwn again?
not the same kind of dg.

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checking, can I install this to my sysnand? I've been using CHMM2 and installing themes to my sysnand and it's always worked fine for me (just a lot of hassle) but if this works on sysnand too then it's a lot easier to switch themes.

n3ds 9.2j, running ninjhax 2.5 and pasta, no emunand.

Edit: Tried it with pasta. It shows all my themes after I finish installing, but once I reboot they all disappear again, even if I load up pasta again. When I check in bbm the hhmj title is still there but the themes are gone from my themes list. Could there be some ticket involved that I'm missing for sysnand? Hope this helps.

Last edited by ayanekochan,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just checking, can I install this to my sysnand? I've been using CHMM2 and installing themes to my sysnand and it's always worked fine for me (just a lot of hassle) but if this works on sysnand too then it's a lot easier to switch themes.

n3ds 9.2j, running ninjhax 2.5 and pasta, no emunand.

Edit: Tried it with pasta. It shows all my themes after I finish installing, but once I reboot they all disappear again, even if I load up pasta again. When I check in bbm the hhmj title is still there but the themes are gone from my themes list. Could there be some ticket involved that I'm missing for sysnand? Hope this helps.
Well of course, any unsigned cia that you install won't work once signature checks are back (and they are back after a reboot).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.