Homebrew [RELEASE] Howling Theme Tool - Create your own CIA theme packages with Custom and Official themes

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Still seems broken. What the HELL else kind of "folder structure" could they possibly need? No other Theme editor complains...

FixYourBrokenShitFaggots.png

Reactions: reymas101

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Still seems broken. What the HELL else kind of "folder structure" could they possibly need? No other Theme editor complains...

View attachment 71807
Maybe you could read the first post.
* Folder and theme's structure *
You must create a folder with this structure to work with Howling Theme Tool:
Main Folder
Main Folder/Custom
Main Folder/Custom NSFW
Main Folder/Oficiales
And your themes must have this structure:
bgm.bcstm (theme's audio)
bgm.ogg (audio's preview)
body_LZ.bin (*required*) (theme's background)
icon.png (*required*) (theme's icon)
name.txt (*required*) (theme's name) (it MUST be UTF-8 for “non-english” chars support)
preview.png (theme's preview)
I do not see any of the three required folders in your folder structure.

anab0lic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^^ I'm dumping the contents of the theme directly into the example folder they include and still getting the structure error....

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
^^ I'm dumping the contents of the theme directly into the example folder they include and still getting the structure error....
I was not talking to you, you didn't show obvious proof that you were doing something wrong ;)
I think I remember having problems when my folder (or parent folders) had spaces in their names. Not sure if that was fixed, but I "fixed" it myself by removing spaces in names.

anab0lic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'm being dumb, I was selecting the officials folder as the theme location and not the folder that houses all the inner folders...

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba

View attachment 71807

@Jayro you are showing a proof a big error in structure.
It should be "Desktop/3DS Shit/Themes/Custom/Samurai Pizza Cats" instead of "Desktop/3DS Shit/Themes/Samurai Pizza Cats"
Please refeer to the Example Folder in the release package.
@anab0lic Try to put the Official, the Custom and the Custom NSFW themes in the correct folder

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having some issues with this app.
I made a custom pack of themes (like 10 or so) into a CIA, and when I install the CIA, the themes get all random.
Like some get upside down icons, they grab the name of another official theme, they get sounds or BGs from other themes in the pack, etc.

Also, this happens randomly to different themes, it's not a single, specific theme(s) which suffer from this.
One installation will see it happen to 2/3 themes, then the next one to entirely different themes, so I know it's not a problem with the themes themselves.

Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I'm having some issues with this app.
I made a custom pack of themes (like 10 or so) into a CIA, and when I install the CIA, the themes get all random.
Like some get upside down icons, they grab the name of another official theme, they get sounds or BGs from other themes in the pack, etc.

Also, this happens randomly to different themes, it's not a single, specific theme(s) which suffer from this.
One installation will see it happen to 2/3 themes, then the next one to entirely different themes, so I know it's not a problem with the themes themselves.
English:
The themes icon upside down it's a bug I already fixed and will publish the apps fixed version soon, stills needs some extra clean-up.
The others problems are caused by remanent files from old theme packages
As I said time and time again all over this thread:
I recommend you to do this steps every time you want to install a new theme package:
1- Delete your actual theme package.
2- Now, select some basic colors (Red and Blue by example) as shuffle favorites (this is necessary or when you install a new package the favorite loaded themes will not properly works).
3- Install your new theme package
4- Done! No bugs if you do this!

Espanol:
El problema de los iconos de cabeza, ya lo he arreglado y pienso subir la version corregida una vez le haga un poco de limpieza
El resto de los problemas son causados por remanentes de packs de temas instalados anteriormente.
Ya he dicho como solucionarlo una y otra vez por todo este hilo:
1-Elimina tu paquete anterior (hazlo por Gestion de Datos si no te sabes el ID en el BBM)
2-Selecciona dos colores basicos como favoritos
3-Instala el nuevo pack de temas (con BBM)
4-Listo, no deben haber errores si haces esto

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
@Jayro you are showing a proof a big error in structure.
It should be "Desktop/3DS Shit/Themes/Custom/Samurai Pizza Cats" instead of "Desktop/3DS Shit/Themes/Samurai Pizza Cats"
Please refeer to the Example Folder in the release package.
@anab0lic Try to put the Official, the Custom and the Custom NSFW themes in the correct folder
Thank you, I got it working. Now all it needs is a way to give the CIA file custom title IDs. It makes it difficult to install individual themes because it keeps overwriting each other, and to install a new theme, I have to pack all the old themes in with my new one, and install the "themepack" every time.

Lisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
um... guys? after going to Nintendo E-Shop and going back to Home Menu all themes dissapear, and I must install them again, this is normal?

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
um... guys? after going to Nintendo E-Shop and going back to Home Menu all themes dissapear, and I must install them again, this is normal?
I think this only happens when you've got your Nintendo Network ID linked to your 3DS NAND that you're using. 'Cause I can still use eShop and it doesn't remove any of the themes or DLC that I have already installed. It just doesn't list them in the purchase history log (since the info is stored on the servers).

It can also happen if you go into Data Management in System Settings on your sysNAND and haven't unlinked your NANDs (in other words, both the sysNAND and emuNAND using the same encryption key) as well.

I've only known the 3DS removing installed DLC and themes only when I've accessed Data Management on a sysNAND using the same encryption key as the emuNAND.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

Amani

Someone who wants to get banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I use online services like the eShop, the themes reset and my 3DS goes back to having no theme selected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls