Homebrew [RELEASE] Howling Theme Tool - Create your own CIA theme packages with Custom and Official themes

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
ok thx again for your help
yeah a different emunand (Rei is probably best last i knew) or a9lh are probably your best bets, I haven't checked up on Brickway recently but I've heard not very good things in recent times about their programming/product in general. Not very safe for your 3ds, assuming Gateway's still confused.

forsureitsme_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It might be worth to mention I couldn't get this tool working on Windows 7 due to "forbidden access"(rough translation) on both the tool and the theme checker, even when tried to run with admin rights.
I'm not sure if this needs one of those frameworks(.net, c++, etc...) or some other redistributable that the pc I used didn't had. (can't tell much more since I'll probably not use that pc again)

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It might be worth to mention I couldn't get this tool working on Windows 7 due to "forbidden access"(rough translation) on both the tool and the theme checker, even when tried to run with admin rights.
I'm not sure if this needs one of those frameworks(.net, c++, etc...) or some other redistributable that the pc I used didn't had. (can't tell much more since I'll probably not use that pc again)
worked nice with my win7, the only thing was the themes not going with the sound for some reason, but on the preview it had sound

So I can make a theme on Usagi's 3ds theme editor then pack it with this tool?
if have the same estruture, yes

dudephanith

Trophies
XP
Country
I installed it in native FM 11.2.
At first it worked, i can change the theme that i packaged in the CIA.
However, when i go to eshop to do some searching and close the eshop, all the installed themes have gone.
Why is that?

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can use freeshop to search for games and such.
I am just saying opening and closing eshop corrupt the installed theme file.
Eshop erase all the DLC (and so the themes installed by a cia) that are not yours. If you're gonna use the eshop some times, then use CHMM2, not this.
EDIT: By "not yours" I mean that you did not buy them. You don't buy a theme that you create.

Last edited by Bedel,

dudephanith

Trophies
XP
Country
Eshop erase all the DLC (and so the themes installed by a cia) that are not yours. If you're gonna use the eshop some times, then use CHMM2, not this.
EDIT: By "not yours" I mean that you did not buy them. You don't buy a theme that you create.

Okay, i see.
I am having trouble with CHMM2 that is why i like this one better.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Great software and all, and great for installing a theme, which works very well. But I think you need to fix one problem with the program: It uses the Title ID of NES Jumping Mario, which uses the title ID "0004008C00009800".

Please allow the user to imput their own Title ID when creating a Theme CIA, so that it doesn't conflict with other themes and causing an error to appear on the Theme Shop, because it does exactly that.

So my request to you is, to put in an option to allow the user to put in their own title ID for the theme CIA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night