Homebrew Official [release] Homebrew App Store (for WiiU)

vgmoose

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
It keeps saying it's downloading app directory after leaving it on for a while and when I exit (pushing the HOME menu button) it just hangs on a black screen with the awesome chiptune still playing.
But other than that great job, about time we need this lol. Now if only the 3ds had something like this for CIA homebrew...
Update on this, I've found this can also happen if you have any .elf in /wiiu/apps/ that isn't inside a folder. See here: https://github.com/vgmoose/hbas/issues/14

I think it hangs and interrupts the download as it tries to treat the .elf as a directory, which then in turn leaves the initial loading thread in memory preventing you from exiting. If this is it, I should have a fix in the next update, until then you can make sure all elfs are inside folders (even if they have no icon/meta)

Critichart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
When i extract the zip i get 2 folders, one is called wii u and the other marcosx, should i move both to the apps folder on my ds card? or should i move just one? thanks!! :D

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
When i extract the zip i get 2 folders, one is called wii u and the other marcosx, should i move both to the apps folder on my ds card? or should i move just one? thanks!! :D

_macosx folder and .dsstore file are shitty file made by MacOS system.
You don't need them.
No one need them.

It just shows which kind of computer use the author :)

Critichart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
_macosx folder and .dsstore file are shitty file made by MacOS system.
You don't need them.
No one need them.

It just shows which kind of computer use the author :)

So i should ignore all the DS store files and just copy the appstore folder, right?

Hahahahaha ok that's great thank you so much :D i'll try it right now :D merciii!!!!

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
@pwsincd any way we can donate to you for your hard work? Just sayin'.

I am not the one who deserves any reward. i have to a degree stood on the shoulders of giants , i have played my part.. and will continue to do so , but i certainly dont do it for cash... It costs me the hosting of wiiubru which isnt much... Thanks for the thought though much appreciated. Maybe message the creator of hbas... :)

Last edited by pwsincd,
Reactions: Deleted User

vgmoose

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I am not the one who deserves any reward. i have to a degree stood on the shoulders of giants , i have played my part.. and will continue to do so , but i certainly dont do it for cash... It costs me the hosting of wiiubru which isnt much... Thanks for the thought though much appreciated. Maybe message the creator of hbas... :)
Well, we all stand on everyone else's shoulders 'round here. I would say @pwsincd has the first shot at any appstore-related donations considering he pays for the hosting and actively maintains the repository. THAT BEING SAID if you wanna help me out, instead of donating considering buying something from the band (T-T)b (they have a pretty cool T-shirt right now).

Bringing it up since you alluded to it... Of course though, I neither expect nor demand anything :P

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Well, we all stand on everyone else's shoulders 'round here. I would say @pwsincd has the first shot at any appstore-related donations considering he pays for the hosting and actively maintains the repository. THAT BEING SAID if you wanna help me out, instead of donating considering buying something from the band (T-T)b (they have a pretty cool T-shirt right now).

Bringing it up since you alluded to it... Of course though, I neither expect nor demand anything :P

perfect solution !! if your wondering or missed who (T-T)b , listen to the appstore.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Snes9x was easier to port because it used only C/C++, while zsnes had x86 asm. but maybe I'm wrong, I read that long time ago.

Yeah, Zsnes is in development hell, even the devs tell people to avoid using it because of how grossly inaccurate and they recommend Higan or Snes9x 1.53 (both use cycle-accurate APU emulation), and you're right,
Zsnes was coded with ASM and Snes9x is coded with C/C+, making it the most widely ported Snes emulator. The problem is the Wii U is a nightmare to port for, esp. the GX2 ASM for rendering graphics. Hopefully someday we can see Snes9x on there.

I've been meaning to do a blog or something to prove just how bad Zsnes is.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never used Snes9x, I always preferred zsnes. I don't know why, I liked the interface better and it was the first I used in its early development so I kept using it.
the first emulator I tried was from 1995, without sound. I then followed development and found it interesting, that's how I started being interested in hacking scene and homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse