ROM Hack [Release]Gateshark2NTR

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, I have a problem with NTR Plugin Manager. When trying to compile the gateshark text I get the following error. I do not know if I can upload image or not, but I want to do .plg 2.0 or 3.0 of Pokemon Y.

54aiy9.jpg
Ok. That is the error that appears to me and does not solve it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

----

Message written from Google Translate
Remove every non ascii characters from the cheats name and note (like éèà etc).
Why you use NTR Plugin Manager and not Gateshark2NTR ?

Using the manager is better than raw Gatewhark2NTR.

Reactions: Clément

yNEX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I need some help. I was able to figure out how cheats work and also got two working cheats after two days.
I write them for Gateshark and convert them with Gateshark2NTR (Yes I don't use the Plugin Manager and also won't).

So let's say the address for the in-game money is 0x0034C9F4. The Gateshark code for it looks like following:
0034C9F4 0000000A (sets the value to 10)

The text file will look like this:
Code:
[++Money++]

[0$]
0034C9F4 00000000
{Sets your money to 0$}

[10$]
0034C9F4 0000000A

[--]

But my problem is that if I activate the cheat code the value will always set to 10. If I collect some money, the counter will stay at ten unless I deactivate the cheat again. What I want is that the cheat sets the value to 10 and if I collect some money for example 1$ the counter increase to 11$ (or decrease if I buy something).

Another thing is that I am trying to figure out how button codes work. So for example when you press the "A" button the value of your money will set to 0$. (The text in brackets is just for explanation and not included in my real text file!)
Code:
[++Money++]

[0$ (press A)]
DD000000 00000001 (0xDD | DD000000 | YYYYYYYY | Gateway only: Activates with the button YYYYYYYY)
0034C9F4 00000000 (0x0 | 0XXXXXXX | YYYYYYYY | Writes WORD YYYYYYYY to (0XXXXXXX + Offset))
D0000000 00000000 (0xD0 | D0000000 | 00000000 | End the last conditional block)
{Sets your money to 0$ when you press the "A" Button}

[--]

It doesn't seem to be working.. and does anyone know how I can change the background of the Cheat menu provided by Gateshark2NTR? I have a Monster Hunter Generations cheat plugin by Nanquitas, and he used a Monster Hunter background instead of the stock one with the Gateway dragon.

Stock cheat menu

MHG Cheat menu by Nanquitas

Attachments

• Stock Cheat menu.jpg
    Stock Cheat menu.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 266
  • Stock Cheat menu.jpg
    Stock Cheat menu.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 342

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't change the background of a plugin generated with Gateshark2NTR.

But my problem is that if I activate the cheat code the value will always set to 10. If I collect some money, the counter will stay at ten unless I deactivate the cheat again. What I want is that the cheat sets the value to 10 and if I collect some money for example 1$ the counter increase to 11$ (or decrease if I buy something).
You can't do that with Action Replay's code only since it doesn't provide the necessary code type.

Your code with the button activator should work, I don't see any obvious reason to why it doesn't.

yNEX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can't change the background of a plugin generated with Gateshark2NTR.

You can't do that with Action Replay's code only since it doesn't provide the necessary code type.

Your code with the button activator should work, I don't see any obvious reason to why it doesn't.

So you rewrote Gateshark2NTR for the MHG Cheat plugin?

yNEX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, I did a manual plugin, not something generated.

If you know how to code in C, you can create your own plugin using libShark2NTR (the menu) and customize your backgrounds.

Example of a customized plugin (Zelda OOT)
Github of Zelda OOT's plugin

Oh, unfortunately, I don't :(

Do you have any suggestions for finding addresses? Seems like you are very experienced but it's difficult to find useful information about creating Gateshark/NTR Cheat codes or rather tips to find the adresses for specific values.

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm, all cheats tools are using the same steps so you can read a guide for any platform, it'll apply too.
All you need is to adapt it to your tools.

On 3DS you have a few tools, I don't pretend to know them all but here's a list of those I know about:
I'm also working on something new to bring a searcher to NTR, but it's not ready yet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where can I find libShark2NTR?
On the github, lib folder.

yNEX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, all cheats tools are using the same steps so you can read a guide for any platform, it'll apply too.
All you need is to adapt it to your tools.

On 3DS you have a few tools, I don't pretend to know them all but here's a list of those I know about:
I'm also working on something new to bring a searcher to NTR, but it's not ready yet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On the github, lib folder.

You mean libShark2NTR.a? What about debug? I opened it with Notepad++ Can I edit the file directly or do I have to do something else before? There's the "background.o/ 1470161140 197609197121100700 231344" part at line 14...

yNEX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Huh... Everything on the github is to be used along with C code / compiler to create a plugin.
I don't understand what you try to do.
I think I even don't know it... Well, I want to change the background image, problem is that I don't have any C knowledge.

yNEX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So you can't, it's not usable with Gateshark2NTR.

Ugh, seems like I will have to live with it. Well, one question left, how do you proceed to find the correct addresses? I am currently dumping the memory multiple times (changing the value I look for) and then search for the address in Cheat Engine. Is there a faster/more efficient way?

yNEX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can try the tools I linked in my previous post if you're looking for another way.

I would like to use tcpGecko dotNet for 3ds (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tcpgecko-dotnet-for-3ds.463998/) and exchanged to ntr.bin file at the root of my SD with the ntr.bin provided by tcpGecko. I can'tget it working well if I start a game an press DPad left it shows a blue screen 2 times and then a green one. The 3ds freezes at the 3ds Logo and when I try to connect.. well it doesn't connect^^. I'm using BootNTRSelector. The thread only said boot the ntr.bin but not how exactly. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

yNEX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You replace the one on your SD card (at root) then launch it through the 3.2 option in BootNTR Selector.

Then it should work ;)
Hmm I am sure I did that. However I will retry and give you feedback. I am also currently writing on my phone. Which actually sucks.

yNEX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try to disable your firewall too.

Doesn't work either... Here is a step by step list what I have done:

1. Downloaded BootNTRSelector (Downloaded the .zip file and installed BootNTRSelector-PabloMK7-Banner.cia)
2. Downloaded tcpGecko dotNet for 3ds
3. Installed BootNTRSelector.cia set it up (standard settings) updated the BootNTRSelector from 2.6 to 2.8, restarted the system and started BootNTRSelector again and wait for downloading all files. Exit BootNTRSelector and exchanged the ntr.bin on the root of my SD with the ntr.bin in the Gecko.zip
4. Disable Firewall on Windows10
5. Start BootNTRSelector and boot 2.3
6. Start the game Urban Trial freestyle 2 while pressing DPad left --> blue screen --> blue screen --> green screen
7. Start the tcpGecko DotNET exe, enter the ip address and click connect

I attached a screenshot of the Console of tcpGecko DotNET and I have been waiting for six minutes to connect now... -nothing

upload_2017-5-29_18-13-49.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father