Hacking [Release] FunkyCIA2 - build CIAs from your eShop content. Super easy and fast! (**2.1 FIX!**)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

bannana2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now thanks to roxas75 we can easily dump (i guess more reliable too) the ticket file needed for FunkyCIA on fw 2.0 - 9.2!
just load it up with the web exploit or whatever.
use the ticket.bin file it creates, with FunkyCIA, it will work just the same as the ticket.db :)

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-rxtools-roxas75-3ds-toolkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/
So, how exactly are people getting cia files online that are eshop only that work that are not peinstalled. I can't figure it out. How can this be done with Kirby classics and shovel knights. I mean they are patched, but they are also eshop only. Actually, I figured it out. It turns out that dumping via this tool and dumping purchases eshop titles are completely different.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So, how exactly are people getting cia files online that are eshop only that work that are not peinstalled. I can't figure it out. How can this be done with Kirby classics and shovel knights. I mean they are patched, but they are also eshop only. Actually, I figured it out. It turns out that dumping via this tool and dumping purchases eshop titles are completely different.

hmm, i'm not sure what you mean. anything that you buy/download from eshop, installs a ticket to your database on nand. when we extract that database, we can use it with FunkyCIA to make a cia out of your eshop games.
what do you mean kirby and shovel knights are 'patched'?
any digital game/app on your 3ds, FunkyCIA will make a CIA for. ask any question you have :)

bannana2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, i'm not sure what you mean. anything that you buy/download from eshop, installs a ticket to your database on nand. when we extract that database, we can use it with FunkyCIA to make a cia out of your eshop games.
what do you mean kirby and shovel knights are 'patched'?
any digital game/app on your 3ds, FunkyCIA will make a CIA for. ask any question you have :)
Kirby and Shovel Knights were stuff I downloaded already patched by the originator. Thanks for the reply and I will ask if I can come up with something. :)

alantgw

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just scan through the threads but seems cannot find an answer.
  • Patch to give permission for all DLC (not just the piece of DLC you bought). = buy one theme, get permission for them all. buy one piece of dlc for a game, be able to use them all.
My understanding is like this:
Game A contains DLC 1,2,3
If I purchased DLC1, and with the use of FunkyCIA2, I can get DLC2,3 for the game as well.

Is this applicable to all current games or just case by case?
And by how I can do so?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Just scan through the threads but seems cannot find an answer.
  • Patch to give permission for all DLC (not just the piece of DLC you bought). = buy one theme, get permission for them all. buy one piece of dlc for a game, be able to use them all.
My understanding is like this:

Game A contains DLC 1,2,3
If I purchased DLC1, and with the use of FunkyCIA2, I can get DLC2,3 for the game as well.

Is this applicable to all current games or just case by case?
And by how I can do so?

yes if a game has 5 pieces of dlc and you buy one, then you use FunkyCIA, you can make a CIA that will contain all of them, unlocked

So can I build and install .CIA files for my 9.2U 2DS? Or is this useless for us 2DS users, like everything else...?
sure, it works... :) use this - gbatemp.net/threads/release-rxtools-roxas75-3ds-toolkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/
what things are useless for 9.2 3ds users?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yes if a game has 5 pieces of dlc and you buy one, then you use FunkyCIA, you can make a CIA that will contain all of them, unlocked

sure, it works... :) use this - gbatemp.net/threads/release-rxtools-roxas75-3ds-toolkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/
what things are useless for 9.2 3ds users?
He is probably wanting to use the 4.x cfw, this just makes CIA files to be installed using gateway/cfw, it will not allow people on 5.+ to install CIA files without a gateway card, so unless he has a gateway card it's "useless" to him not useless for 9.2 users

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
He is probably wanting to use the 4.x cfw, this just makes CIA files to be installed using gateway/cfw, it will not allow people on 5.+ to install CIA files without a gateway card, so unless he has a gateway card it's "useless" to him not useless for 9.2 users

yeah, i just assume everyone has a gw... :(

Reactions: gamesquest1

alantgw

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong

Is it limited to DLC which purchasing just unlock the content that is originally locked in the game(i.e. no real content to be downloaded with the DLC)?
If extra contents have to be downloaded for the DLC, does it work?

anyway, thanks for the great work.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Is it limited to DLC which purchasing just unlock the content that is originally locked in the game(i.e. no real content to be downloaded with the DLC)?
If extra contents have to be downloaded for the DLC, does it work?

anyway, thanks for the great work.
nope, it can download and make a cia that has all the dlc unlocked even if you only bought one of them......there will probably be some sort of DLC that works differently but for most things 1 dlc is enough to rip them all

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
2DS users... 2DS!!!!!
.....yes this is usable for a 2DS USER!!!!... but its not a rom loader....you can happily dump your tickets and make your cia files, but you need some way of using the outputted files, that is something else, so yes this is usable for a 9.2 2DS user.......:wacko:

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
.....yes this is usable for a 2DS USER!!!!... but its not a rom loader....you can happily dump your tickets and make your cia files, but you need some way of using the outputted files, that is something else, so yes this is usable for a 9.2 2DS user.......:wacko:

I have no idea how to use this, does it come with clear instructions?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I have no idea how to use this, does it come with clear instructions?
do you understand what it is even?

this is not a rom loader or anything like that, its a tool for people to dump their legit bought content from their console to be played on another console.......you still need another console with the ability to install cia files to make any use of this

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
do you understand what it is even?

this is not a rom loader or anything like that, its a tool for people to dump their legit bought content from their console to be played on another console.......you still need another console with the ability to install cia files to make any use of this

Thank you for the clarity, I now know what it does. I will make use of it at a later date, when I buy a used 3DS XL.

Reactions: Margen67

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Reactions: Margen67

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website