MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm just not a fan of command lines. I prefer GUIs instead. I know my way around a Linux terminal, but only because I have to. If I knew how to program, I'd write basic GUIs for just about every Linux app I use that doesn't have one.

Reactions: supermario18

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@cearp so you didn't comment on the resume fuction thing, I guess it's a no then ?^^
oh yeah, i understand it. but, to resume in the best way i think, we should verify the download. (why did the download stop, we stopped it? it failed? network error etc?)
but we can't really verify the files, so, that's why i don't do it.

Last edited by cearp,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
oh yeah, i understand it. but, to resume in the best way i think, we should verify the download. (why did the download stop, we stopped it? it failed? network error etc?)
but we can't really verify the files, so, that's why i don't do it.
i guess you could just check if the file exists, and if it does check if the users wants to restart (delete and start over) or continue in which case the easiest way would probably be to check the filesize, if its smaller than expected just delete it and start from that point

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i guess you could just check if the file exists, and if it does check if the users wants to restart (delete and start over) or continue in which case the easiest way would probably be to check the filesize, if its smaller than expected just delete it and start from that point
sure but as i said above, if the download stopped for a reason, what was that reason? - and maybe that file has an error.
or maybe let the user pause themselves, and if they do that, i could see if it was paused by the user, and continue.
i don't think i will add it myself at least.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'm pretty sure he doesn't need this explanation.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
There it is folks. JimmyZ knows everything about everyone. He can see the future and read peoples minds. I guess he is just a cruel prick for not warning us about 9/11. Lol.
And I didn't warn about Hiroshima and Nagasaki(after ten minutes trying to make a funny quote, I actually come up with this, yeah that's about how cruel I am)

Reactions: cearp

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@JimmyZ > my point my wifi sucks sometimes, tired to DL 3DWorld yesterday and my connection crashed 4-5 times around the 12 or 13th packages out of 13... would have love to at least be able to auto re-start on the package where I crashed. (not asking to resume where I left off in that package, but at the beginning of it)

none of the WiiU CDN/NUS have a resume function so I though I'd ask.

(I remember getting opackage by hand with wget when I was using nusgrabber, that worked though)

I'd like to have the option to get remaining stuff without starting from the beginning with something like python FunKiiU.py -title 000500001012be00 -content XX -onlinetickets
(to DL 1 content, numbered XX)
or
python FunKiiU.py -title 000500001012be00 -scontent XX -onlinetickets
(to DL contents starting with number XX)

Last edited by Azel,

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
@JimmyZ > my point my wifi sucks sometimes, tired to DL 3DWorld yesterday and my connection crashed 4-5 times around the 12 or 13th packages out of 13... would have love to at least be able to auto re-start on the package where I crashed. (not asking to resume where I left off in that package, but at the beginning of it)

Try JNUSTool? but if I were you, I'd fix the connection problem first.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try JNUSTool? but if I were you, I'd fix the connection problem first.
I can't fix it, I don't have access to the router.
(I edited my post)

yeah might give jnustool a shot but I don't relly like GUIs for command tools :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.