Hacking [Release] Freedom Wars EN Patch (JP Voice Synthesis)

Roah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
VdONn6f.png

Just reached CODE Level 3 and it's working perfectly. Everything is translated.

Oky here's the EN patch for the Japanese version of Freedom Wars.

Just a minor patch for those who want to play the JP version.

And why would anyone play the Japanese version when the game was released on NA?

Two words, voice synthesis.

Apparently, everything was translated properly thanks to the NA localization team but that did not stop Sony from messing with the NA release, removing the voice synthesis feature.

A huge thanks to rouji4256 for dumping the JP game for me! Without it, this would not have been possible.

Note:

I did not translate the text! I have only extracted the data from the En and JP version and then compiled all the files to one folder so that everything is updated and working properly.

I have also modified some text like the weapon names and descriptions. I also swapped the modules clip size and carrayble ammo which I renamed to Max.Rounds.

Credits goes to the official NA translators fufufu

Notices

Rapsheet Call-Signs:

There are two types of call-signs. There's the CODE Level call-signs and the auto-assigned call-signs.

I have edited both files so that when you sync your character to the JP PSN Server your account is safe from banhammer.

I'm not saying that you'll get banned from using this patch or the English call-signs, but think of it this way. You are literally the only Sinner with an English call-sign. How is that even possible? Of course you have hacked your game. So don't raise any red flags oky. Profiles are saved to the server afterall.

So to be safe I edited the texts for the rapsheet. Rapsheet menus are all in English except the call-signs.

Can't read Japanese? Refer to the callsign.txt for the whole list.

Panopticon:

Default name for PT is japanese but you can replace the english file. Simply open the server folder, delete the pt_list.txt and rename the pt_list (english).txt to pt_list.txt.

Launch the game.

I have not tested if the change is local only or not. If you want to take the risk because you want an english PT names then go ahead.

Refer to the panopticon.txt for the list of all translated PTs.

FAQ:

Q: What if I want to have a callsign let say, Mattias "Winter is Coming" Bruno?

A: Then you are a shaz. You are the only one within the JP leaderboard with an english call-sign. If you want to take the risk then by all means do it. Edit the 'PLR_FLL.lmsg' using HXD.

Installation
  1. Install game (PCSC00054) using maidumptool
  2. Then install the 1.23 patch using the same tool
  3. Extract the ENPatch archive and copy files to 'patch_v0120'
  4. Delete the following files:
    • patch_v0120_cmn.eaf
    • patch_v0120_jpn.eaf
    • patch_v0120_rgn_japan.eaf
After installation you should have the same file structure:

Code:
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/ai/
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/chara/
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/const/
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/demo/
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/field/
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/script/
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/server/
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/shader/
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/situ/
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/sound/
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/spec/
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/text/
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/tts/
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/ui/
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/ENPatch_Callsigns.txt
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/ENPatch_Panopticon.txt
ux0:app/PCSC00054/patch_v0120/ENPatch_Readme.txt

Freedom Wars Projects

This patch is compatible with the OPSAgentMayo mod.

Decals

To extract EMB files you have to delete the header using HXD (see the decal.jpg for details) and then convert it to PNG using ScarletConvert.

There are hex editor programs out there that can do bulk editing.

Download
Credits

Thanks to rouji4256 for the JP dump

---
Bugs, issues, suggestions?

@DEADCHANNEL_
koiL90

Last edited by Roah,

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to add the voice synthesis back into the other versions?

Also, how difficult would it be to change the texts for the English version?
I ask because, though I may be recalling incorrectly, I think that there might have been quite a few errors in the texts for dialogues and such.

Lastly, though I have not used your other mod yet, thank you for making it.
I gave up on the game after not being able to win against the last boss, but it sounds like the mod would be able to help with that.

Roah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
  1. I don't think it's possible. Maybe hex editing the eboot but I doubt it.
  2. The text (lmsg) are decrypted. I can't seem to find the right quickbms script that could decrypt it but I have a suspicion that the lmsg is an XML format. The lmsg can be edited to some extent using HXD but if you add more text then the offset moves and you'll have to re-adjust the address of everything below the one you're editing which is a pain.
  3. Thanks and hope you'll pick up the game again.

71r3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why not giving a slight hint about what this voice synthesis feature even is?
Said it on wololo too.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. I don't think it's possible. Maybe hex editing the eboot but I doubt it.
  2. The text (lmsg) are decrypted. I can't seem to find the right quickbms script that could decrypt it but I have a suspicion that the lmsg is an XML format. The lmsg can be edited to some extent using HXD but if you add more text then the offset moves and you'll have to re-adjust the address of everything below the one you're editing which is a pain.
  3. Thanks and hope you'll pick up the game again.

1. I see.

2. If you keep the same amount of text, would it still work without the need for adjustment?
Also, where are the .lmsg files located?

3. Yes, I hope that as well.

4. In the file that you warned about changing with your other mod, it has settings for the camera.
Is it possible to set the camera close enough to be at somewhat of a first-person view?
Also, is it okay to change the settings in that file (other than the PvP ones) if you connect to the internet but do not play multiplayer?

Last edited by Kotomine Kirei,

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Good Day
Thanks for the update and mod ^^
Your Work is awesome and best instructions

My only problem is i can't find a way to use the DLC method to get it to work, it does not work beacause the DLC is US Region, even if i change it to PCSC00054_addc and change the param in sce_sys
can you please help me.

Thank you in advance
It's all works, you need rename dlc folders to much jpn.
First letter U->J

Reactions: MakoKrafft

Roah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
1. I see.

2. If you keep the same amount of text, would it still work without the need for adjustment?
Also, where are the .lmsg files located?

3. Yes, I hope that as well.

4. In the file that you warned about changing with your other mod, it has settings for the camera.
Is it possible to set the camera close enough to be at somewhat of a first-person view?
Also, is it okay to change the settings in that file (other than the PvP ones) if you connect to the internet but do not play multiplayer?
Yes that would work but you'll be severely limited in space. Lmsg are located in the text folder. The file is simple enough maybe someone could make a script that can generate it, idk.

I didn't bother testing the camera section sorry I can't help you there.

Yes it is safe as long as you don't change the pvp scoring GDPP numbers. Now i don't know how Sony handles the pvp matches but I assume they at least keep logs. So just to be safe don't touch that part. If someone wants GDPP badly enough then there are better ways like the opsagentmayo since the npc can give unlimited resources.

Reactions: Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that would work but you'll be severely limited in space. Lmsg are located in the text folder. The file is simple enough maybe someone could make a script that can generate it, idk.

I didn't bother testing the camera section sorry I can't help you there.

Yes it is safe as long as you don't change the pvp scoring GDPP numbers. Now i don't know how Sony handles the pvp matches but I assume they at least keep logs. So just to be safe don't touch that part. If someone wants GDPP badly enough then there are better ways like the opsagentmayo since the npc can give unlimited resources.

I tried opening the .lmsg files with HxD, and it did not show any text that I could read, but opening them with Notepad did.
Is it okay to use Notepad to edit the files, or will that cause some kind of problem with them?

I see.
Well, I will try editing the camera values whenever I get around to playing the game.

padoca85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tried playing online, said needed online pass. Since I dont have the 12 char key it asks for I used the download pass option. When directed to psn store to download an online pass, theres like noting there to donwload, just an info page.

Confused..
Any way to play online with this?

Ps. I do own the original game.

Last edited by padoca85,

Roah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I tried opening the .lmsg files with HxD, and it did not show any text that I could read, but opening them with Notepad did.
Is it okay to use Notepad to edit the files, or will that cause some kind of problem with them?
[…]
Browse below until you see the text. I don't recommend notepad, use hxd.
Tried playing online, said needed online pass. Since I dont have the 12 char key it asks for I used the download pass option. When directed to psn store to download an online pass, theres like noting there to donwload, just an info page.

Confused..
Any way to play online with this?

Ps. I do own the original game.
The ENT dlc pass doesn't work, maybe i got the format wrong. Either that or the psn server checks your account.

I need help figuring this out. I don't even remember inputting any codes when I first played the game (2014) though I heard some talks on various discussion boards. It was my brother's copy and Vita and he sold the game a year after. When you first got the jp version, after inputting the code did it download some files or just flagged your account for online play?

padoca85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The ENT dlc pass doesn't work, maybe i got the format wrong. Either that or the psn server checks your account.

I need help figuring this out. I don't even remember inputting any codes when I first played the game (2014) though I heard some talks on various discussion boards. It was my brother's copy and Vita and he sold the game a year after. When you first got the jp version, after inputting the code did it download some files or just flagged your account for online play?

I own the US version, it never asked for an online pass. Im guessing i would need to have this JP version tied to a jp account for it to allow me to download the pass it tried before then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1