ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to load my Japanese save file, but the current (and previous) build crashed. Uploaded my compressed and decompressed saves for it.

As for getting Expiration, the only way I was able to give it to a character through the use of an ARCode, so some people might be out of luck for that.

Attachments

• 9-21-15 Japanese Cart Backup.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 9-21-15 Japanese Cart Backup_dec.zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 269
Last edited by Mrperson0,
Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm trying to load my Japanese save file, but the current (and previous) build crashed. Uploaded my compressed and decompressed saves for it.

As for getting Expiration, the only was I was able to give it to a character through the use of an ARCode, so some people might be out of luck for that.
Thanks! That will be very helpful. Hopefully releasing character equip editing this weekend.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm using my decrypted European save with your latest build and I can't see the character list.
Maybe I didn't found the option yet...
It's not only decrypted, but decompressed with the Fire Emblem Awakening Save Tool from the original post.

It should load the character list as soon as you select your Chapter's file, if not showing anything, it's not been decompressed with the tool.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm using my decrypted European save with your latest build and I can't see the character list.
Maybe I didn't found the option yet...
Here is the link for the save tool: https://github.com/SciresM/FEAST/releases

Press "open compressed folder", search for your folder with the Chapter, Global, Map files, and select it. Then press "save decompressed folder", it will generate a folder with "_dec" appended at the end, and Chapter_dec files in it, these are the ones you should open with the FireEditor.

After editing them, with the save tool press "open decompressed folder" and "save compressed folder", so you get the files to import to your game.

Last edited by Olmectron,

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I just tested the x99 in convoy and this happened (Pics are in Spanish but it's easy to understand):

cfIi5A2.png

Potions are not maxed out.
A lot of random japanese named items appeared.
Most other random items, even outrealm ones are maxed out.

6sHzPTR.png

Most weapons aren't maxed out, but

netbubk.png

unique weapons like the Falchions, Grima's Truth or Expiration are maxed out.

Is this the expected behaviour of the editor or is this a bug?

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK, I just tested the x99 in convoy and this happened (Pics are in Spanish but it's easy to understand):

cfIi5A2.png

Potions are not maxed out.
A lot of random japanese named items appeared.
Most other random items, even outrealm ones are maxed out.

6sHzPTR.png

Most weapons aren't maxed out, but

netbubk.png

unique weapons like the Falchions, Grima's Truth or Expiration are maxed out.

Is this the expected behaviour of the editor or is this a bug?
This is the expected behavior. That's the reason for saying "Weapon uses/items", since if you put "99", it will be 99 uses per weapon or item. You got one slot with 50 "uses" for Bronze Sword and another slot with 49 uses for Bronze Sword, getting 99 uses in total, as expected. For really getting nearly unlimited supplies, it will be okay if you use the largest value: 65535.

The same goes for Vulneraries (Brebajes) for example, which are 33, with 3 uses each, giving you 99 uses. In the case of Falchion, it's because it doesn't have "uses" count. So you get the exact 99.

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the expected behavior. That's the reason for saying "Weapon uses/items", since if you put "99", it will be 99 uses per weapon or item. You got one slot with 50 "uses" for Bronze Sword and another slot with 49 uses for Bronze Sword, getting 99 uses in total, as expected. For really getting nearly unlimited supplies, it will be okay if you use the largest value: 65535.

The same goes for Vulneraries (Brebajes") for example, which are 33, with 3 uses each, giving you 99 uses.

Oh, thanks.
Will that also eliminate the japanese named items?

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh, thanks.
Will that also eliminate the japanese named items?
How many of those items did you get? I was nearly sure they shouldn't appear anymore. Just to know, in case there is something to fix.

Those appear because of maxing slots which are meant to be filled by Forged Weapons. If you select the "Include Forged Weapons" option, there will be many of them, but if you didn't select that option, there shouldn't be any. Just to be sure, did you select that option? And if not, how many dummy items like that did you get?

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
How many of those items did you get? I was nearly sure they shouldn't appear anymore. Just to know, in case there is something to fix.

Those appear because of maxing slots which are meant to be filled by Forged Weapons. If you select the "Include Forged Weapons" option, there will be many of them, but if you didn't select that option, there shouldn't be any. Just to be sure, did you select that option? And if not, how many dummy items like that did you get?

Almost half of the first pic's "items" bag of the convoy are filled with japanese named items.
I didn't select the "include forged weapons" option, but I had some forged weapons in the convoy before.
Does it affect the appearance of japanese named items?

Last edited by ultimatetemper,

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Almost half of the first pic's "items" bag of the convoy are filled with japanese named items.
I didn't select the "include forged weapons" option, but I had some forged weapons already in the convoy.
Does it affect the appearance of japanese named items?
No, they shouldn't cause it. It seems I didn't fix it for good. Going to fix that for the next build. Sorry.

Oh, and yes. Selecting "include forged weapons" max out the slots meant for Forged Weapons, ans since they're empty, you get those dummy items. Not selecting it should give you no dummy items, but it seems to be I didn't fix something.

alittlehw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after I tried opening the FireEditor.jar on my Mac, the program opens up for a split second before closing, and disappearing. Java acts like the program is running, but it's not; you can't see any of it, and the file just acts like it's active.

I updated to the latest Java update today, so it can't be that.

Any solution?

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Which one is the Java update? 8u60?

Anyway, could you try to execute the .jar via command line? "java -jar nameoffireeditor.jar" something like that, that way you could post the error it is getting.

Sorry, as I stated, I don't have a Mac, so cannot test with that directly.

alittlehw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which one is the Java update? 8u60?

Anyway, could you try to execute the .jar via command line? "java -jar nameoffireeditor.jar" something like that, that way you could post the error it is getting.

Sorry, as I stated, I don't have a Mac, so cannot test with that directly.

I updated to Java 8 Update 60 which I'm assuming is 8u60.

When I put in the command line java -jar FireEditor-v0.2-07-alpha.jar, it says
"Unable to access jarfile FireEditor-v0.2-07-alpha.jar".

It's weird because when it opens, you see a glimpse of the blue background and the FE letters, but then it just minimizes into nothingness while java still acts like it's running. Like, in the screenshot attached, java thinks that it's running, but there's no sign of the program.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 10.26.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 10.26.08 PM.png
    103 KB · Views: 380

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I updated to Java 8 Update 60 which I'm assuming is 8u60.

When I put in the command line java -jar FireEditor-v0.2-07-alpha.jar, it says
"Unable to access jarfile FireEditor-v0.2-07-alpha.jar".

It's weird because when it opens, you see a glimpse of the blue background and the FE letters, but then it just minimizes into nothingness while java still acts like it's running. Like, in the screenshot attached, java thinks that it's running, but there's no sign of the program.
Okay, so when double-clicking it you see a blue background for less than one second, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: xd