Last edited by Olmectron,
Reactions: KunoichiZ

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If someone entered https://olmectron.firebaseapp.com/ and you only got a blank screen with grey background, it was a bad update. Pressing F5 several times should fix it.

However, sometimes it doesn't work even after spamming F5 for a lot of time. If this is the case, fix it like this:

1. Open the developer console (this explanation is in chrome).
error1.PNG

2. Go to the "Application" tab, and select "Service Workers". Then click "Unregister" as shown in this image:

error2.PNG

3. Update the page with F5 and it'll load the webpage correctly again.

Sorry for the bad build.

Edit: Also, I'll just call the Web version a FireViewer or something like that. At least until I manage to re-compress the HEX into a file recognized by the game.

It shouldn't be that hard, since I already translated the compression code to Java (which is open source too, by the way), but it's way longer than the decompression code that is already working in the web version.

Last edited by Olmectron,
Reactions: KunoichiZ

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I finally was able to translate Huffman compression code to Javascript! So, thanks to this and to original Huffman code by SciresM, you don't need to use FEAST for decompressing nor compressing again when using the Web verion.

The only current editable feature is the hair color. You can edit it from non-editable hair color units, too, and it should be taken as the heritable hair color when you get to the paralogue of that unit's child.

This is completely untested on a 3DS. Please, I need help testing since I don't have a 3DS for making the tests myself.

Now that the compression and decompression on the fly is sorted out, it's only a matter of time to add the other features from older Java builds!

For editing the hair color, click on the color rectangle to the left of the name of your desired unit. Select a new color, and done!

For downloading the edited compressed file, just press the floppy disc icon button. If you wish to decompress the file, simply press "Download decompressed" after opening it.

compression complete.PNG

TheForgottenExalt

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anyone knows how to hex edit support ranks of the characters? I'm using editor to find a character data, but can't figure it out where are supports and how to change it in hex editor.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Please share your Chapter save files!

I had a huge amount of shared Chapter files, but they were lost. It would be great if you could share me some files for testing the web app I'm (not actively) developing.

Don't send it through here, it's easier from the web app!

1. Enter https://olmectron.firebaseapp.com

2. Load your Chapter file by clicking on the folder icon button at the upper-right corner.

3. Click on the "Share with developer" option in the left menu. Click "Share" in the dialog that will open.

4. That's it! Thanks!

Troubleshooting: If you had accessed the web app already in the past and you don't have the "Share with developer option", simply click "Update App" once and wait for the page to reload.

share.PNG

Reactions: FlappyFalco

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just updated the web app with a search input. Could anyone test how is it working¿

Anyway, I strongly recommend using Chrome for now. There are some Firefox and Safari compatibility issues due to the usage of Polymer 2.0. I will sort them out after I complete the basic edition features.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Please help me testing this.

https://olmectron.firebaseapp.com

Latest update: July 4th, 2017

• You can now edit names of name editable units! (Avatars, Spotpass and DLC units).
Cannot test on a 3DS myself. Please, test the name editing in an actual save file.

Also, thanks to everyone who submitted your save files! It helped me debug hair color not loading correctly from DLC/Spotpass units.

Reactions: MegamanX

MegamanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a tutorial on how to edit it? i downloaded FireEditor-nightly-v0.2.3.jar and all it has is a bunch of carpets but no aps. how do i execute it? pls help...

thanks in advance

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a tutorial on how to edit it? i downloaded FireEditor-nightly-v0.2.3.jar and all it has is a bunch of carpets but no aps. how do i execute it? pls help...

thanks in advance
You have to have Java installed to launch the .jar. Either double click to launch it or use the command line.

Reactions: Olmectron

MegamanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir, you are an angel xD Thanks !!
PS: Im not good with this kind of stuff

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You have to have Java installed to launch the .jar. Either double click to launch it or use the command line.
Excuse me good man, can you tell me where is the .jar file?
Thanks in advance

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir, you are an angel xD Thanks !!
PS: Im not good with this kind of stuff

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Excuse me good man, can you tell me where is the .jar file?
Thanks in advance
I am a girl. :P

1) Don't use WinRAR.
2) Download FireEditor-nightly-v0.2.3.zip.
3) Extract the .zip
4. FireEditor-nightly-v0.2.3.jar is located in the .zip

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
New update in the FireEditor Web App: http://fireeditor.site/

Please report any issue you may have. And use Chrome, I haven't been able to fix issues with other browsers. I'll get on it after finishing the important features. Also, this only works on EUR and USA saves for now. Sorry, JPN players.

Latest version: v0.4.12-b (it should appear in the upper-left corner of the screen, if you have an older version, just click "Update app" in the app drawer/menu).

What's new? Basic editing features still missing (HP, stats, etc). But I got something still good (I hope) for this update:
  • Added an icon button with three dots to each unit. It's in the upper-right corner of each of them, click it for seeing several new actions.
  • Now you can duplicate and delete units completely safe! No more items being wiped out, nor any strange glitches because of adding or removing.
  • Added public anonymous sharing function. You can share it easily, and download others' as easy as clicking the download button on the upper-right corner of the units in the "Public units" section. (Note: Sorry, the only data viewable is still only the name and portraits, I'm working hard on showing everything from the unit, so you can decide better whether you like the shared unit or not).
Note: While it's completely safe to clone and delete units right now, it's possible to share corrupted units for normal gameplay (modified manually through hex, or using custom roms with new IDs not present in the standard version of the game), so if you download a shared unit and got a crash in your game, please consider deleting them and testing again if the game still crashes, before posting your issue here.

latest-fire-web.PNG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name in chat :ninja: