[Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Olmectron, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Seliph

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    It's not working when I try to open the save editor

2. E151206

E151206 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    I still haven't fixed this, mostly because I'm reluctant to try without knowing explicitly what went wrong and how to fix it. I'm able to apply my backup save just fine. Importing the modified one however still doesn't work. Do I need to recompress the file or something?

3. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You need to recompress your save file before re-importing.

4. E151206

E151206 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    That worked (yay!), but I swear that I didn't have to do that the previous time I had edited

5. RevanKights

RevanKights Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    United States
    I'm new and trying to figure how to install this can somebody help me out. I'm using homebrew and JK save manger

6. MegamanX

MegamanX Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2017
    United States
    Excuse me. Mind giving me a hand? Alright so i downloaded the save editor ( latest version ) but the rar file only has a bunch of carpets and no executable aplication...so what do i do?

7. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Carpets...?

8. aruna

aruna GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2015
    Malaysia
    try installing java runtime?
    or open with java

9. lea

lea Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    sense a lot of people are having trouble with this
    windows -
    install java then make a .bat file with the following in it
    java -jar name of file.jar

///////don't do this see below///////
    mac -
    in terminal navigate to the directory where the .jar file is located then type
    java -jar name of file.jar
    ///////don't do this see below///////

linux -
    if your running linux you know how to do this

hope it helps

Last edited by lea, Mar 15, 2017
    aruna likes this.
  10. Gon Freecss

Gon Freecss 2DS + Luma 8.0 + B9S 1.2

Nov 14, 2013
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Hi, @Olmectron can you add Gold Editing?

I've increased the LvL of my characters, but their stats keeps the same, they don't update, is that... normal? Used the Stable version

Last edited by Gon Freecss, Mar 14, 2017
  11. trainboy2019

trainboy2019 Shadow Maker in the Shadows

Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    Macs come with an application called Jar Launcher by default, usually it's just a double click. Also mentioned more solutions in an earlier post. I'll attach it so all the solutions will be right next to each other.

12. lea

lea Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    Yes that is normal - also setting 99 as the stats in one of the non-stable versions will not work.

13. GurkhaJr

GurkhaJr Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    Hi guys. I'm new to this site. I have been reading this thread for quite a while now. Had been playing this game for almost a month now. I have immensely enjoyed it, however, I am unable to download any DLC, SpotPass and/or StreetPass content. Even that said, I also dont have access with Emmeryn's map stage early on even if i do have the alleged files.

Thus, i ask anyone, specially @Olmectron , pls help me with my dilemma. Either to have access to the map via cheat codes? or perhaps someone can add Emmeryn in my save files for me? I had been using Fire Editor on my saves, and it has been really2x helpful. However, it doesn't seem to add any characters. I have also read the hexediting thread, and it was literally confusing. Thus, im down here asking someone to just help me. I really liked Emmeryn so much, so the least I could do is to pair her up with my MU. However, early access through her map would be extremely appreciated. I'd be eternally grateful. ^^

Last but not least, I don't have access for any firmware or downloading Spot/Street Pass since im using Citra. However, for any research/data/known purposes it holds, it seems Citra saves work very identical to normal 3DS saves since it works exceptionally well with Fire Editor and FEAST.

I hope i haven't screwed anything up with my very first post or mentioned anything worth banning or getting mad at. If this post is deemed to be inappropriate, pls do what it seems fit. Do forgive me for being a newbie. XD

Thanks in advance guys ^^v

Last edited by GurkhaJr, Mar 17, 2017
  14. GurkhaJr

GurkhaJr Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    So yeah, here's my save. Please add Emmeryn to it guys since I don't know how. thanks in advance :)

Edit: Sorry, posted the compressed one. Already changed to decompressed one. Sorry
    Edit 2: Nvm guys. Already hacked my save through Hex Editor. Was finally able to get Emm with official stats as when u get her via Spotpass. Hihi ^^v

Last edited by GurkhaJr, Mar 19, 2017
  15. xX_Rowan_Xx

xX_Rowan_Xx GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2016
    Can you add a feature to add Tharja/Gaius to your team if you kill her/him?
    I killed Tharja in my first playthrough that I finished recently because my friend said you had to kill her to recruit her (Thanks Soul)

16. lea

lea Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    See some of the past posts. It will probably kill your inventory however.

17. xX_Rowan_Xx

Jan 15, 2016
    intresting... I could write down my entire inventory and re add one by one if I really wanted to

18. lea

lea Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    Not yet you can only mass add items right now (for example you can't add 3 bronze swords and 7 bronze lances)

19. xX_Rowan_Xx

Jan 15, 2016
    rip

20. GurkhaJr

GurkhaJr Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2017
    @xX_Rowan_Xx we'll just have to wait mate. @Olmectron will update this one soon. if not, u can always hex edit ur way. well, i did have my way with it, but it was pure hell for days on end of trial and error. it's tiring, much more when u dont have any backups