ROM Hack [Release] FE Fates: Custom DLC Legacy characters

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I haven't gotten custom textures to load at this point,
which is why you may have noticed that in my screenshots Roy has black eyes.
I don't know why, but custom face textures always result in just a black viod, wheter it be the eye or the actual face. However, custom body textures work fine. If I had Inigo's mercenary model from Fates, I could give him a nice texture like Awakening Roy if you'd like.

Dylos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried opening them up in FEFTwiddler to see what it shows as the names? I don't have my computer on me right now to check. DeathChaos25 and Omegablu's DLC characters, iirc, only show up as numbers.
The Hex is 526F for Roy, 4C79 for Lyndis, they have very high numbers. In FEFTwiddler, Lyndis is listed as 31,052, and Roy is 28,498 accordingly.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Dylos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why, but custom face textures always result in just a black viod, wheter it be the eye or the actual face. However, custom body textures work fine. If I had Inigo's mercenary model from Fates, I could give him a nice texture like Awakening Roy if you'd like.
I can send you it, you just want the texture, or you need the model as well?

Also, I never had a black void for faces, it was always a peach-like featureless plastic mask thingy.

Last edited by Dylos,

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can send you it, you just want the texture, or you need the model as well?

Also, I never had a black void for faces, it was always a peach-like featureless plastic mask thingy.
Hmm, strange. I always got a void. But yeah, send me the model and the texture, so I can see how it looks while I work on it.

Dylos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here it is, to give credit where credit is due, this came from Omega's DLC, which I've decompiled for reverse engineering stuff.

Attachments

• Merc.rar
    106.1 KB · Views: 137

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dylos, can you give me both Roy and Lyn's character IDs and the class IDs if they use any special classes? I want to edit FEFTwiddler to show your characters, DeathChaos25, and Omegablu's custom DLC characters properly, if I can anyways.

And the following info from your characters and special classes (if necessary):
-Characters: base stats, stat modifiers, hair color in RGB, isFemale (that's an option in FEFTwiddler's Characters.xml file), isBeast, and canUseDragonVein
-Classes: base stats, max stats, weapons used, growth rates, is a promoted unit, isSpecial (an option in FEFTwiddler's Classes.xml file), isFemale (another option), and isNPConly

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Dylos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dylos, can you give me both Roy and Lyn's character IDs and the class IDs if they use any special classes? I want to edit FEFTwiddler to show your characters, DeathChaos25, and Omegablu's custom DLC characters properly, if I can anyways.

And the following info from your characters and special classes (if necessary):
-Characters: base stats, stat modifiers, hair color in RGB, isFemale (that's an option in FEFTwiddler's Characters.xml file), isBeast, and canUseDragonVein
-Classes: base stats, max stats, weapons used, growth rates, is a promoted unit, isSpecial (an option in FEFTwiddler's Classes.xml file), isFemale (another option), and isNPConly
Lyndis and Roy have low bases, and their hair colors aren't working properly right now.
Lyn: Base: HP 0 Str 0 Mag 0 Skl 2 Spd 1 Lck 2 Def 0 Res 0, Mods: Hp 0 Str 2 Mag 2 Skl 2 Spd 2 Lck 0 Def -1 Res -4, Hair: 2D9C4D
Roy: Base: HP 0 Str -1 Mag 0 Skl 3 Spd 0 Lck 0 Def 0 Res 0, Mods: HP 0 Str -1 Mag 0 Skl 3 Spd 0 Lck 0 Def 1 Res 0, Hair: B42D3E

Lyndis has the female flag, Roy has no flags.

Sorry it took awhile for me to post this info.

I'm honestly more interested in the head than the body, is that wrong?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lyndis and Roy have low bases, and their hair colors aren't working properly right now.
Lyn: Base: HP 0 Str 0 Mag 0 Skl 2 Spd 1 Lck 2 Def 0 Res 0, Mods: Hp 0 Str 2 Mag 2 Skl 2 Spd 2 Lck 0 Def -1 Res -4, Hair: 2D9C4D
Roy: Base: HP 0 Str -1 Mag 0 Skl 3 Spd 0 Lck 0 Def 0 Res 0, Mods: HP 0 Str -1 Mag 0 Skl 3 Spd 0 Lck 0 Def 1 Res 0, Hair: B42D3E

Lyndis has the female flag, Roy has no flags.

Sorry it took awhile for me to post this info.

I'm honestly more interested in the head than the body, is that wrong?
Thanks for this! Do you have any more info on them? There's absolutely no rush.

Dylos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this! Do you have any more info on them? There's absolutely no rush.
I think that's all the data that FEFTwiddler needs, I mean I could tell you the growths, but those are a little more difficult to translate back from hex and FEFTwiddler doesn't show those. I already listed the IDs earlier.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's all the data that FEFTwiddler needs, I mean I could tell you the growths, but those are a little more difficult to translate back from hex and FEFTwiddler doesn't show those. I already listed the IDs earlier.
Looking at the code, that is pretty much all it needs. Thanks for giving me this!

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I love reviving dead posts now you can use Cipher!Lyn for portraits
upload_2016-10-18_18-52-46.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head