• Likes 87

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Both GodMode9 & SafeMod9 I tried, the first time I enter in it shows "Initialising SD card failed! Retry?", and "<A>yes" has no work...By the way, I find it costs a long time when I try to enter EmuNAND9.

Start GM9 from your old SD card. Unmount, switch SDs, enter format menu. Then continue.

LeFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can this be done on 11.0.0-33 U new 3ds? I want to be able to get fbi on my 3ds can anyone help?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3 u ever see this? someone on discord got it
IMG_20160818_234720.jpg

Airboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The homebrew launcher is not the only way of starting EmuNAND9, but, yup, that's correct. Somewhat of a chicken egg problem. The main upside with providing your own starter pack would be that you could make sure that the users have the exact right files, in the exact right structure, on their SD cards after running Ninjhax. Slightly unrelated, but also note that you are not forced to run EmuNAND9 from the same SD card that will be set up for EmuNAND.

You also asked if EmuNAND9 asks for more confirmations... I'd advice you to try yourself, but, yes. If the starter.bin is missing, you will be asked if you want to continue. Then you will be asked to confirm that the SD card should be formatted (you can also switch SD cards in that step), this step requires inputting a button sequence (safety first). Then you will be given a summary of the inserted SD card, which you already have to confirm. Afterwards it sets everything up.
I was asking myself why the program asks for that "starter.bin" file... Where the hell is it from? Or wwhat's its duty?.... IIt's needed to hhave a pperfect result? If yes where I can find it... and where I put it?

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a problem with the tool.

I have setup A9LH with Sysnand 11.0 and redNAND 9.2 (at first it was redNAND 11.0 and Sysnand 9.2 bit i swapped the nands to boot from sysNAND)

Now i wanted to switch to the redNAND to an emuNAND but when i select the option i only get the error that there is not enought space to do it.
How can i fix this?
I'm using a 128GB Sandisk EXTREME in the console and the console is a New 3DS XL

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with the tool.

I have setup A9LH with Sysnand 11.0 and redNAND 9.2 (at first it was redNAND 11.0 and Sysnand 9.2 bit i swapped the nands to boot from sysNAND)

Now i wanted to switch to the redNAND to an emuNAND but when i select the option i only get the error that there is not enought space to do it.
How can i fix this?
I'm using a 128GB Sandisk EXTREME in the console and the console is a New 3DS XL
Why do you want to switch from rednand to an emunand? There's absolutely no point in doing so. If you have A9LH sysnand then that's all you need. You can actually do away with rednand completely.

To do this backup your SD card on the computer. Format using Emunand9 and then transfer everything back to the SD card.

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why do you want to switch from rednand to an emunand? There's absolutely no point in doing so. If you have A9LH sysnand then that's all you need. You can actually do away with rednand completely.

i know to how delete it, but would like to keep it for now because i want to see the GW Menu and so i habe a copy of 9.2 on the console if there is some issues :) The Space on card is nothing i'm worried about, it's a 128GB cart :)

My guid was that from liomajor (german) where he added bootctr9 so you can start GW by holding Y when turning on the system and when the dragon shows you have to press L and the GT Menu starts. But this isn't the thing on my console he alsways tries to boot in GW Mode, what fails because i don't have a GW Card. But the menu normaly starts without the need of the card.

Somewhere i read the problem could be redNAND because GW only support emuNAND and because of this i wanted to convert the redNAND but as said that doesn't wook because of the error that there is not enough space.

So can anyone help me with that and tell me how i get the convertion done?

Last edited by noX1609,
Reactions: Xenosaiga

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
(dinosaur alert here)
So I've been using the old gateway method to build my emunand ever since rxtools came out and I decided it's already time to stop being lazy and convert to the better emunand9 format. However I got some questions:
- Can I convert my current gatewaynand into emunand9 so all my current games remain compatible? If so what are the exact steps to follow to achieve this?

Asking because emunand9 format is smaller than gateway's, which also means my current emunand_tool (probably outdated though) doesn't even recognize it. I also tried formatting using the legacy options but it didn't work either. If there's a desktop app to replace emunand tool with I'd be more than glad to use that instead (my SD doesn't really have enough space on it to carry and extra emunand.bin inside).

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@d0k3
Can EmuNAND9 wipe out the A9LH codes on created EmuNAND/RedNAND?
Someone reports that he cannot get a usable RedNAND after created RedNAND by EmuNAND9 from A9LH SysNAND and he doubts if it is caused by A9LH codes on RedNAND not wiped out.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3 I believe the option to no longer support 64KB clusters is a bad choice. At least make it an option during the format options with proper warning about the potential to mess with GBA VC maybe?

I for one don't play GBA VC and have a 128GB SD card. So getting more speed from my card is a priority for me just as it "may" be for others.

If anything I will remain using an older version just because of this. Thanks for regarding my opinion and request.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3 I believe the option to no longer support 64KB clusters is a bad choice. At least make it an option during the format options with proper warning about the potential to mess with GBA VC maybe?

I for one don't play GBA VC and have a 128GB SD card. So getting more speed from my card is a priority for me just as it "may" be for others.

If anything I will remain using an older version just because of this. Thanks for regarding my opinion and request.
in the mean time, GodMode9 can format SD cards 64k. if you build the source, you can pick the cluster size.

Reactions: d0k3

NermaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Is it possible to install older firmware like 2.1 or other like EmuNAND using this tool just for fun / research purposes while on 11.2 with a9lh?

Will it be safe? Seems like EmuNAND is good point for safe firmware experiments

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to install older firmware like 2.1 or other like EmuNAND using this tool just for fun / research purposes while on 11.2 with a9lh?

Will it be safe? Seems like EmuNAND is good point for safe firmware experiments
Luma3DS does support EmuNAND with firmware versions all the way down to 3.0, and SysNAND all the way back to 1.0. (1.x/2.x EmuNAND isn't supported because most of the firmware was reorganized starting with 3.0.)

If using a New 3DS, the same caveats with 2.1 downgrading apply here. Old 3DS firmware running on a New 3DS (even with EmuNAND) can cause permanent, unfixable bricks. The most well-known cause is using sleep mode, but it's likely that other MCU functions could break, too.

kuroii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Happy new year everyone & I have a question xD

Firstly I have an A9LH source 3ds with NNID#1, which I system format to create NNID#2. Did system transfer to target 3ds thinking I can keep NNID#1 on my source 3ds but nope, didn't work. Apparently both NNID got system transferred to the target 3ds.

1) Anyhow, without emuNAND prior, would my NNID#1 be on emuNAND if I were to use Luna to enable booting of emuNAND in source 3ds? Or would I have to set up emuNAND from scratch? I have never touched emuNAND before this. If so, how should I go about doing this? Copy my SD card, format with emuNAND9 and paste back the contents on the SD card again? Which formatting option should I choose? My sysnand is v11.2 so do I need to downgrade it?

2) I have also contacted Nintendo to ask for them to data transfer back NNID #1 to my source 3ds. In the case I set up an emuNAND, will the data transfer be done to the sysNAND or emuNAND?

I have googled and read a bit, but is confused as heck regarding sysNAND and emuNAND NNID. Would appreciate if anyone can guide me along on how I may separate the 2 NNID on my target 3ds now (which have been A9LH Modded via dsihax). I would like NNID#2 to remain on target 3ds while NNID#1 to return to source 3ds.

Thanks!

Last edited by kuroii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.