[Release] ds3vita - control your Vita using a DualShock 3

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by xerpi, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Franks753

Franks753 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2017
    United States
    Thats weird. hmmm.. if the plugin work for you, maybe my controller is fake..
    do you use your original controller to connect it? which plugin do you use? beta1,2 or 3?
    Thanks for reply.

2. ertaboy356b

ertaboy356b GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Now, if only I could stream the Vita's screen onto a PC (ala NTR).

3. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Would rather have it through usb like how remotejoy is for psp but that would work also.

Ikilledzeus likes this.
  4. Ikilledzeus

Ikilledzeus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2015
    United States
    Bessemer, AL
    I use the latest build of the plugin, but every one before worked. If you have enso you need the latest build. I use an official ps3 controller but Idk how that would make a difference. Make sure you are syncing it correctly, double check your Mac address and then change the end of the address up one digit from what it reads. For example my Mac address is D4:XX:XX:XX:0A:02 so to use mp ps3 I sync the controller to D4:XX:XX:XX:0A:03

Franks753 likes this.
  5. Kazesama

Kazesama Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2003
    United States
    Earth
    @xerpi

Question for you, thought maybe you might know this answer.

Is it possible to write a plugin for 3rd party controllers for PS TV?

For example, Gamesir G3s works via a usb receiver. Works fine on PS3, but not on PS TV.

Just wondering if we could get alternative controllers working.

Last edited by Kazesama, Aug 31, 2017
  6. Franks753

Franks753 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2017
    United States
    I bought the 100% original ps3 controller today, it work now, that means my controller is fake yesterday. Thanks man :D

Ikilledzeus likes this.
  7. Lord M

Lord M GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2014
    Italy
    In fact it works only on Official Sony DS3 controller, no imitations.

Franks753 and Ikilledzeus like this.
  8. Franks753

Franks753 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2017
    United States
    I wonder if xerpi can add battery life indicator to the plugin.

Ikilledzeus likes this.
  9. Geogetski666

Geogetski666 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    got this working on my original ds3 but wondering why clone ds3 wont work :( my ps3 accepts the clone and original? is their a way to make my ds3 clone work on vita?

10. Daak

Daak Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2013
    United States
    This driver screws up your analog control. After installing this and using it a bit, if I went back to the vitas analog sticks (with bluetooth off), the left analog would glitch and auto scroll up even though I stopped touching it. It auto scrolled up until I moved the stick in a different direction. It was extremely annoying. To fix it you have to let the battery die completely or take the battery out. Then the left analog goes back to normal.

Also this driver is kinda of useless unless its going to map the touchpad "buttons" to R2 L2 on the controller and front touch screen "buttons" to R3 and L3. Many games use the front and back screens as buttons.

It would be an amazing tool if it fixed these issues.

11. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Would still love to have a plug in that makes the Playstation TV compatible with wired USB controllers! The lengths you've got to go through to get the system to recognize them is obscene.

cvskid likes this.
  12. Ikilledzeus

Ikilledzeus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2015
    United States
    Bessemer, AL
    I've never run into those issues with the analog sticks, but there is a plugin that maps the sticks and triggers to the touchscreen and touch pad. I can't remember who made it but I'll upload a copy I have and post it here.

13. rsn8887

rsn8887 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    I got this INPIN PS/PS2 to PS3 controller adapter, it outputs USB and it works just fine on my VitaTV. The VitaTV recognizes it as a DS3 controller connected via USB. In fact, VitaTV recognizes DS3 and DS4 USB controllers. But you are right I think it doesn't recognize any other USB controllers apart from DS3 or DS4.

Last edited by rsn8887, Dec 19, 2017
  14. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    Xbox 360 wired can also be used. But to use controllers on vita, pointless, screen too small.

15. |<roni&g

|<roni&g Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2010
    UK
    Thank you for this, followed the instructions and had it working in minutes, had to use ur0/tai

Post above says screen is too small to use a controller, but using a "PS3 gameclip" from eBay or aliexpress it can make some games controls feel a lot better. Works perfect with adrenaline and is even better for original psp because there are no touch screen or rear touch controls.
    IMG_4816.JPG
    Thanks again

xerpi and cvskid like this.
  16. Ikilledzeus

Ikilledzeus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2015
    United States
    Bessemer, AL
    cvskid likes this.