Homebrew [Release] DrawAttack - networked drawing game

BarteringRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't replying to you actually.
If anything, I am annoyed by a human being called subhuman (I thought it was obvious).
I of course am angry and annoyed regarding the OP, and you can call it for what it is, but it is not subhuman, not even a mass murderer terrorist is subhuman, calling a human subhuman is quite entitled.
Now I go away to chill out.

And where, exactly, did that happen in this thread? As far as I was aware, we were just spitballing on how to get this program running again.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't replying to you actually.
If anything, I am annoyed by a human being called subhuman (I thought it was obvious).
I of course am angry and annoyed regarding the OP, and you can call it for what it is, but it is not subhuman, not even a mass murderer terrorist is subhuman, calling a human subhuman is quite entitled.
Now I go away to chill out.
I apologize if i seemed "entitled." Its hard for me to think that people doing such heinous things. It's shocking, awful, and sad that things like this happen. If i came off strong, i'm sorry, its just how i think.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And where, exactly, did that happen in this thread? As far as I was aware, we were just spitballing on how to get this program running again.
I refered to the OP as "subhuman" and it was seen as "entitled," which is fine.... I guess?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, I just got very annoyed.
It is my fault, but I get annoyed when people are called subhumans.
Regarding the OP, I still feel very annoyed, very very annoyed. Still would call him a backstabbing child abuser, but not a subhuman.
I will leave the thread to chill out for the moment, just thinking of the OP makes me angry again.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Stitchu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kevledev.fr
XP
Country
France
Woot ! Stop injuring others, we have not the same level of knowledge in everything :)
We just have to accept our differences and work with it.

As of cpp3ds, I got it compiled, but the problem is a lot bigger than that. For the client we need some other lib to be compiled for 3DS, like speex (for getting voice from mic, and send it to network), and for servers a lot of libs too.
So it is more than just compile the Homebrew, we need someone which is knowing how to cross-compile external libs which are not in portlibs (3ds_portlibs have not those libs needed)

And as for the creator of the homebrew, it is the same which created cpp3ds and freeshop, and he is not here anymore. Maybe the best chance would be asking arc13, the person which forked freeshop and enhancing it, but I think he has a lot of features to do.

Reactions: Stephano

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woot ! Stop injuring others, we have not the same level of knowledge in everything :)
We just have to accept our differences and work with it.

As of cpp3ds, I got it compiled, but the problem is a lot bigger than that. For the client we need some other lib to be compiled for 3DS, like speex (for getting voice from mic, and send it to network), and for servers a lot of libs too.
So it is more than just compile the Homebrew, we need someone which is knowing how to cross-compile external libs which are not in portlibs (3ds_portlibs have not those libs needed)

And as for the creator of the homebrew, it is the same which created cpp3ds and freeshop, and he is not here anymore. Maybe the best chance would be asking arc13, the person which forked freeshop and enhancing it, but I think he has a lot of features to do.
ya, i guess it really is out of our hands. I wonder how willing he would be to help out this small community of people. :unsure::(

Stitchu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kevledev.fr
XP
Country
France
Okay, after a lot of time and tries, I did compile DrawAttack.3dsx and DrawAttack.cia

Now i'm trying to compile the server. But the server used cpp3ds-emu, and it gives me error of unkown references of SSL functions (I have openssl, and libmbedtls installed though)
I will try to install Qt5 (it's in the README of cpp3ds for cpp3ds-emu), but if someone has another idea, don't hesitate to post it ! Because having Qt5 for just a server is a biggy thing for almost nothing.

Here is the log when I try to compile the server
Code:
[ 16%] Linking CXX executable DrawAttack-server
/opt/devkitPro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-emu.a(Socket.cpp.o) : Dans la fonction « cpp3ds::Socket::create() » :
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:141 : référence indéfinie vers « TLSv1_client_method »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:142 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_CTX_new »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:143 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_new »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:144 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_set_verify »
/opt/devkitPro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-emu.a(Socket.cpp.o) : Dans la fonction « initSSL » :
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:41 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_library_init »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:42 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_load_error_strings »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:43 : référence indéfinie vers « OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf »
/opt/devkitPro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-emu.a(Socket.cpp.o) : Dans la fonction « cpp3ds::Socket::close() » :
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:208 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_shutdown »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:209 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_free »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:210 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_CTX_free »
/opt/devkitPro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-emu.a(Socket.cpp.o) : Dans la fonction « cpp3ds::Socket::create() » :
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:145 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_set_fd »
/opt/devkitPro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-emu.a(TcpSocket.cpp.o) : Dans la fonction « cpp3ds::TcpSocket::connect(cpp3ds::IpAddress const&, unsigned short, cpp3ds::Time) » :
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Network/TcpSocket.cpp:159 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_connect »
/opt/devkitPro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-emu.a(TcpSocket.cpp.o) : Dans la fonction « cpp3ds::TcpSocket::send(void const*, unsigned long, unsigned long&) » :
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Network/TcpSocket.cpp:281 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_write »
/opt/devkitPro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-emu.a(TcpSocket.cpp.o) : Dans la fonction « cpp3ds::TcpSocket::receive(void*, unsigned long, unsigned long&) » :
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Network/TcpSocket.cpp:321 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_read »
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/DrawAttack-server.dir/build.make:224 : la recette pour la cible « DrawAttack-server » a échouée
make[3]: *** [DrawAttack-server] Erreur 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67 : la recette pour la cible « CMakeFiles/DrawAttack-server.dir/all » a échouée
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/DrawAttack-server.dir/all] Erreur 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:79 : la recette pour la cible « CMakeFiles/DrawAttack-server.dir/rule » a échouée
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/DrawAttack-server.dir/rule] Erreur 2
Makefile:118 : la recette pour la cible « DrawAttack-server » a échouée
make: *** [DrawAttack-server] Erreur 2

Last edited by Stitchu,

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, after a lot of time and tries, I did compile DrawAttack.3dsx and DrawAttack.cia

Now i'm trying to compile the server. But the server used cpp3ds-emu, and it gives me error of unkown references of SSL functions (I have openssl, and libmbedtls installed though)
I will try to install Qt5 (it's in the README of cpp3ds for cpp3ds-emu), but if someone has another idea, don't hesitate to post it ! Because having Qt5 for just a server is a biggy thing for almost nothing.

Here is the log when I try to compile the server
Code:
[ 16%] Linking CXX executable DrawAttack-server
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:141 : référence indéfinie vers « TLSv1_client_method »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:142 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_CTX_new »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:143 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_new »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:144 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_set_verify »
/opt/devkitPro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-emu.a(Socket.cpp.o) : Dans la fonction « initSSL » :
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:41 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_library_init »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:42 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_load_error_strings »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:43 : référence indéfinie vers « OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf »
/opt/devkitPro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-emu.a(Socket.cpp.o) : Dans la fonction « cpp3ds::Socket::close() » :
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:208 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_shutdown »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:209 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_free »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:210 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_CTX_free »
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/emu3ds/Network/Socket.cpp:145 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_set_fd »
/opt/devkitPro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-emu.a(TcpSocket.cpp.o) : Dans la fonction « cpp3ds::TcpSocket::connect(cpp3ds::IpAddress const&, unsigned short, cpp3ds::Time) » :
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Network/TcpSocket.cpp:159 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_connect »
/opt/devkitPro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-emu.a(TcpSocket.cpp.o) : Dans la fonction « cpp3ds::TcpSocket::send(void const*, unsigned long, unsigned long&) » :
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Network/TcpSocket.cpp:281 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_write »
/opt/devkitPro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-emu.a(TcpSocket.cpp.o) : Dans la fonction « cpp3ds::TcpSocket::receive(void*, unsigned long, unsigned long&) » :
/usr/src/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Network/TcpSocket.cpp:321 : référence indéfinie vers « SSL_read »
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/DrawAttack-server.dir/build.make:224 : la recette pour la cible « DrawAttack-server » a échouée
make[3]: *** [DrawAttack-server] Erreur 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67 : la recette pour la cible « CMakeFiles/DrawAttack-server.dir/all » a échouée
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/DrawAttack-server.dir/all] Erreur 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:79 : la recette pour la cible « CMakeFiles/DrawAttack-server.dir/rule » a échouée
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/DrawAttack-server.dir/rule] Erreur 2
Makefile:118 : la recette pour la cible « DrawAttack-server » a échouée
make: *** [DrawAttack-server] Erreur 2
Wow you got much father than I did. All I could do was try and compile it with cmake and I couldn't get it work.

Stitchu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kevledev.fr
XP
Country
France
Ok I compiled the client and the server, but ... I have a red screen when I run DrawAttack on Homebrew Launcher.
And as for the CIA, it seems to work

For Homebrew Launcher, maybe it's the fact that cpp3ds is not up-to-date (I use the version 0.3.0), but the latest version of cpp3ds need a specific version of libfmt and I don't know which is. I contacted arc13 for details.

Reactions: Stephano

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I compiled the client and the server, but ... I have a red screen when I run DrawAttack on Homebrew Launcher.
And as for the CIA, it seems to work

For Homebrew Launcher, maybe it's the fact that cpp3ds is not up-to-date (I use the version 0.3.0), but the latest version of cpp3ds need a specific version of libfmt and I don't know which is. I contacted arc13 for details.
Wow. thanks so much for taking this initiative. I'm really looking forward to this being finished. :grog::toot:

Reactions: PrincessLillie

Stitchu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kevledev.fr
XP
Country
France
Ok I progressed not in the way I want, but anyway, here is the next chapter of the story !

So, I compiled the last version of cpp3ds, no errors in the process, librairies are generated, and that's the good news.
Bad news, is that the DrawAttack compiled with the new cpp3ds and other libraries is even worse than before. Icons are displayed, but texts are not displayed at all.
Homebrew version display a red screen too.

And a huge problem of stability, when we are exiting the app, 3DS reboots automatically.

So next step, I am working with arc13 so I can have freeShop working on my environment. If freeShop works, maybe DrawAttack will work. In the meantime, I will try to recreate the same environment DrawAttack was (so the same version of cpp3ds, ctrulib, citro3d, etc...) correspoding of the date of the creation of DrawAttack. DrawAttack is working right now, so if we have the same environment when it was developed, we can change few things like the master server address. Maybe we will not have all the new features and the resolved bug of ctrulib new version and citro3d, but we can keep the project alive.

When I have an environment working, I will upload and post everything so other developers can help me to enhance this homebrew :)

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I progressed not in the way I want, but anyway, here is the next chapter of the story !

So, I compiled the last version of cpp3ds, no errors in the process, librairies are generated, and that's the good news.
Bad news, is that the DrawAttack compiled with the new cpp3ds and other libraries is even worse than before. Icons are displayed, but texts are not displayed at all.
Homebrew version display a red screen too.

And a huge problem of stability, when we are exiting the app, 3DS reboots automatically.

So next step, I am working with arc13 so I can have freeShop working on my environment. If freeShop works, maybe DrawAttack will work. In the meantime, I will try to recreate the same environment DrawAttack was (so the same version of cpp3ds, ctrulib, citro3d, etc...) correspoding of the date of the creation of DrawAttack. DrawAttack is working right now, so if we have the same environment when it was developed, we can change few things like the master server address. Maybe we will not have all the new features and the resolved bug of ctrulib new version and citro3d, but we can keep the project alive.

When I have an environment working, I will upload and post everything so other developers can help me to enhance this homebrew :)
Once again, thank you and arc13 for all of your work on this!

Stitchu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kevledev.fr
XP
Country
France
Ok freeShop is working on my environment, and work also as a Homebrew (even if it is not working at 100% it launch, display text, images and everything else, but yeah, it is not the CIA and have no right to install apps).

For DrawAttack, it runs as a CIA but have problems when exiting. Texts are displayed, this problem is resolved.
Homebrew Launcher version displays a red screen, so I will have to compare with freeShop which is working and don't display a red screen.

I will upload a minimal dev environment as a Virtual Machine export for Windows Users, and also all the devkitPro, and cpp3ds up-to-date for those which are already on a Linux platform.
So all volunteers which want to revive this game could help me find and fix the errors :)

Stitchu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kevledev.fr
XP
Country
France
Ok everyone, one big good news like you want !

DrawAttack is working, CIA and Homebrew version !
One little bad news, Homebrew version don't work with microphone feature. So I had to make a condition to allow voice only on CIA version (you can speak with your microphone when pressing L and only if you have an headphone).
Is there someone here which has a 11.4 system with Homebrew Launcher ? Or another version than 11.3 ?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One little bad news, Homebrew version don't work with microphone feature. So I had to make a condition to allow voice only on CIA version (you can speak with your microphone when pressing L and only if you have an headphone).
Is there someone here which has a 11.4 system with Homebrew Launcher ? Or another version than 11.3 ?
I have a three o3ds one of which is on 11.4 and two on 11.3

Also, amazing!! I can't believe you were able to do all of this in such a short time!:bow::bow::bow:

Last edited by Stephano,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States

I have CFW on o3DS 11.4 with hblauncher_loader. I could help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards