Hacking [Release] DeSmuME - DS Emulator

Dav_Dabz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new release is leagues better than the previous one.
Keep up the good work.

I don't think I will be updating my vita firmware if this becomes stable enough to play Pokemon black and white two or soul silver without lag.

Reactions: RAFAEL_VZLA

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
People make it seem worst than it actually is, on my current dev build with frameskip I can get some decent performance on some games. 30-40 fps on Mario and Luigi, 45-50 on Yoshi's island, ~22 on Metroid Prime Pinball, and ~30 on Brain Age 2. No sound yet though.

great :yaynds:

Last edited by memomo,

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've got DS games running well on the Vita now? Dayum! I'm impressed. Just imagine what the Vita will be capable of in, say, six months.

Reactions: memomo

Pandomia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I believe it has to do with this "ROMS MUST BE PLACED IN ux0:/data/desmume/", IIRC, if it doesn't find any roms, it'll just close its self.

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
When you going to finish the 3DS port?

3DS doesn't have power to emulate DS properly.
On other hand it has actual DS hardware so you don't need to emulate it.

Frankly speaking Vita also doesn't have power needed to run DS emulator full speed as on PC it requires beffy harware.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS doesn't have power to emulate DS properly.
On other hand it has actual DS hardware so you don't need to emulate it.

Frankly speaking Vita also doesn't have power needed to run DS emulator full speed as on PC it requires beffy harware.

It may run Drastic fullspeed (it's super optimized for ARM) but not Desmume (mainly optimized for x86, and it's focuses more on accuracy). Unfortunately, Drastic is a paid emulator, so the creator will not release it for free, unless the Vita or 3DS gets a "Cydia" store.

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worth every penny, too. One of only two emulators I've ever paid for. Runs like a dream on my Android phone.

That was my first Android purchase. I have no problem paying for it again (if a handheld version is done), but there's no way to pay for Vita or 3DS homebrew/emulator, unlike iOS which has the Cydia homebrew store.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Hi Hi :)

I just come here to say thanks to @MasterFeizz for his great works.

@MasterFeizz I have a question also : since "it's currently a fully interpreted DS emulator" performance will never be really good, but isn't it possible to directly send arm instructions to PSVITA CPU ( since it is also ARM ) instead of interpret everything ? if it is it will give us a huge performance boost and probably full speed emulation

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Hi Hi :)

I just come here to say thanks to @MasterFeizz for his great works.

@MasterFeizz I have a question also : since "it's currently a fully interpreted DS emulator" performance will never be really good, but isn't it possible to directly send arm instructions to PSVITA CPU ( since it is also ARM ) instead of interpret everything ? if it is it will give us a huge performance boost and probably full speed emulation
I haven't update the readme, JIT has been implemented since the second version. Also, you can't just run the instructions on the vita CPU just because it's ARM, there are other things in play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @SylverReZ