Homebrew [Release]CustomRGBPattern: Change the default blue notification led color to some other color.

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
This program creates an IPS file that allows you to change the default blue notifcation led color to some other color.

To use:-
  1. Download the precompiled binary and run it
  2. Type in a rgb hex.
  3. Move the 0004013000003502 folder from the out folder to sdcard:/luma/titles

Done

Don't forget to enable luma game patching!

Download the precompiled binaries from here:-
https://github.com/Pirater12/CustomRGBPattern/releases

Join this discord server, if you want to aid in development:-
https://discord.gg/hyuvmb9
As pointed out by @AnalogMan, you need to restart your 3ds after putting up the files on your sd card.

Attachments

• pink.zip
    379 bytes · Views: 794
Last edited by Kartik,

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could something similar be done to change other notification LEDs? Like for StreetPass and when a Friend comes online?

This is really sweet. I didn't realize something like this could be accomplished by patching a Title :yay3ds:

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Could something similar be done to change other notification LEDs? Like for StreetPass and when a Friend comes online?

This is really sweet. I didn't realize something like this could be accomplished by patching a Title :yay3ds:
I don't know about Streetpass but friend one can be done.

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting. I wonder if the low power light can be changed because I never notice it. It's simply not as bright as the screen of play, so it doesn't grab my attention.

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw man, Windows executable only, and doesn't work in WINE. Time to look through the source and do it manually.

The instructions are Windows only, but you can compile on Unix-based systems. Just compiled on my Macbook Pro and it appears to work (Haven't actually tested the .ips file, but looking at the commits it is cross-platform)

Code:
gcc main.c -o CustomRGBPattern

Reactions: cearp

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The instructions are Windows only, but you can compile on Unix-based systems. Just compiled on my Macbook Pro and it appears to work (Haven't actually tested the .ips file, but looking at the commits it is cross-platform)

Code:
gcc main.c -o CustomRGBPattern
Thank you, I did notice that the code had WIN32 and other sections so I did manage to compile it for Mac OS X, and have the IPS file now. Just trying to find a way to test it.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is nice! Is the default power LED editable too?
Not in the way the notification led is controlled - and even then, you would have the choice of blue or red
Of course, you can physically replace the pair of leds that illuminate the hole in the case labeled "power"

this is nice, what range of colors are available?
Any color that can be expressed in 24-bit RGB color (marketing names for 24-bit RGB: "true color" and "16 millions of colors")

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just trying to find a way to test it.
Use NotifyMii to create a notification... or just enter standby, you're not a true experimenter if you never out of the 10 tutorial notifications lol

Reactions: Quantumcat

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not in the way the notification led is controlled - and even then, you would have the choice of blue or red
Of course, you can physically replace the pair of leds that illuminate the hole in the case labeled "power"

Any color that can be expressed in 24-bit RGB color (marketing names for 24-bit RGB: "true color" and "16 millions of colors")

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use NotifyMii to create a notification... or just enter standby, you're not a true experimenter if you never out of the 10 tutorial notifications lol
LOL, I use Purgification to clear my notifications, so they're long gone, but I'll use NotifyMii, thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: it works! Keep in mind you need to restart the console if you change the color before you can see the changed effect. Colors are a bit brighter then their HEX counterparts, so aim a little darker than the actual color you want.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs