Homebrew [Release] Custom Badge Tool

leo60228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't open the program and it doesn't show up in task manager. I'm on Windows 10 x64 and using compatibility isn't working. Help?

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyways, @Author has been added to the list, and it doesn't need further discussion. I plan on a sorta big update, mainly dumping all badges to a folder structure, and being able to import the folder structure into a brand new badge set thing. (this will let you organize them into categories, and edit icons too). There will be an option too that if you know your 4-byte NNID, you can input it to create badgemgnfile.dat and badgedata.dat from scratch. @Steveice10 was able to find a way to figure out the NNID without needing the badge arcade, so cheers to him!

Nyannurs

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyways, @Author has been added to the list, and it doesn't need further discussion. I plan on a sorta big update, mainly dumping all badges to a folder structure, and being able to import the folder structure into a brand new badge set thing. (this will let you organize them into categories, and edit icons too). There will be an option too that if you know your 4-byte NNID, you can input it to create badgemgnfile.dat and badgedata.dat from scratch. @Steveice10 was able to find a way to figure out the NNID without needing the badge arcade, so cheers to him!
Nice job! I can't wait for this update. You're doing God's work, froggest.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Stupid question but if I dump the Nintendo Badge Arcade data using Save Manager will that give me badgedata.dat?
Nope.

Reactions: froggestspirit

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we also are gonna be able to add new badges and not editing ours? And adding "categories"? It would be great to be able to open app such like camera or music with the new badges. Thanks for your work!

GolyBidoof

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: froggestspirit

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we also are gonna be able to add new badges and not editing ours? And adding "categories"? It would be great to be able to open app such like camera or music with the new badges. Thanks for your work!
I plan on making a feature to import folder structures, so yes, in theory the only thing you would need to generate your needed files is your NNID (Which will be loaded from NNID.bin, a 4-byte file containing your NNID). Right now I'm having issues, ENIGMA likes to truncate some parts of the path string, but I'm trying to sort that out.

@szymbar15 I'll probably add that afterwards, I plan on looking at modifying some code to dump and create extdata with your NNID. If I can do that successfully, I'll post my edit, but otherwise I'll link that

EDIT:fixed path issues

Badge Dumping is done, however the badges don't seem to be put into the correct categories, I'll have to look into this after writing the importer

Last edited by froggestspirit,

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the correct resolution. Badge importing is a go. I might just release 1.5 alongside 1.4, because I'm thinking of removing some features to make it simpler. All in all, 1.5 should allow exporting all badges (sometimes it saves them to the wrong directory). and importing multiple folders. Each folder it imports will be saved as a badge set. Oh, and all you will need to generate working files is your NNID saved as NNID.bin

Edit: I think I can get this to work without removing features

Updated OP with 1.5

Last edited by froggestspirit,
Reactions: PF2M
D

Deleted-236924

So how does this actually work?

I dumped my BadgeData.dat and my BadgeMngFile.dat with extdata tool, but the only thing the program sees is pink squares?
It seems to be dumping things properly, kinda. Right-click Dump All Badges seems to dump things "properly", it makes three folders for all three of the badge sets I really have on my 3DS, and it has the right amount of badges in every folder, except every badge is a pink square and it doesn't seem to actually dump anything.

Honestly I think this needs a better interface because it's super confusing.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how does this actually work?

I dumped my BadgeData.dat and my BadgeMngFile.dat with extdata tool, but the only thing the program sees is pink squares?
It seems to be dumping things properly, kinda. Right-click Dump All Badges seems to dump things "properly", it makes three folders for all three of the badge sets I really have on my 3DS, and it has the right amount of badges in every folder, except every badge is a pink square and it doesn't seem to actually dump anything.

Honestly I think this needs a better interface because it's super confusing.
That's odd, would you send me your BadgeData.dat and BadgeMngFile.dat? You could also try creating them from scratch. If the program doesn't find those files in the folder with it, it will make new ones, but you have to import a set before you can do anything

D

Deleted-236924

I will try dumping them again from scratch just in case I was the one who did something wrong with the badge tool and accidentally corrupted my file or something and I'll link it here afterwards.

Also, if it matters, running rxtools 9/28 nightly, on 10.3 emunand and 9.2 sysnand. Getting badge data from my emunand.

Well, for some reason, now that I've dumped them again, my badges are showing up properly. :/

In the end, I just made one from scratch with the program instead of using my dump, because simply replacing the data in my own BadgeData wasn't really what I was looking for (would have extra badges I didn't want and all that crap, I only wanted the 10 badges I have and all in their own set.)

But it did everything exactly like I would have wanted it :D

Actually, just one thing... It seems to import my badges properly, but it doesn't associate them to the badge set I created :/ tested by doing Dump All Badges in the program and it dumps it exactly as it did with my own badges dumped from my 3DS, and the badge set shows up in my 3DS saying it has 10 badges in it, but when I select that badge set, it is empty, for some reason.
They can still be selected from the main part of the badge select menu, though.

Last edited by ,

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, just one thing... It seems to import my badges properly, but it doesn't associate them to the badge set I created :/ tested by doing Dump All Badges in the program and it dumps it exactly as it did with my own badges dumped from my 3DS, and the badge set shows up in my 3DS saying it has 10 badges in it, but when I select that badge set, it is empty, for some reason.
They can still be selected from the main part of the badge select menu, though.
can you show your folder structure that you're importing? For this, you want to use the lower option, "import sets (folders)" and not the "import folder" option.
("Import folder" will not modify the sets at all)

D

Deleted-236924

Think I found the problem, apparently if you only have one badge sets, the set will show up in your Badges, and the set will say it contains the right amount of badges, except it'll actually be empty once you switch to it.

I made myself a second set of badges and added it to a fresh BadgeData.dat along with my first set, and both sets show up properly, and they contain the right badges as they should.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse