• Likes 46

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got back yesterday and finally updated the CTRXplorer release (check the first post). It will now properly exit on newer Hax such as Ninjhax 2.0, Tubehax or Ironhax. Big thanks go to @suloku who provided a compiled version of my last changes while I was on vacation.

I do intend to make some improvements to the internal hex editor (searching for strings / hex values inside a file, better scrolling options) in the following days. I'll migrate the code to citrus (which is basically the new ctrcommon replacement) later on, but this only means under the hood changes.

If you've got some ideas on how to improve CTRXplorer or on features you'd wish to see in there, just write here in the thread.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I got back yesterday and finally updated the CTRXplorer release (check the first post). It will now properly exit on newer Hax such as Ninjhax 2.0, Tubehax or Ironhax. Big thanks go to @suloku who provided a compiled version of my last changes while I was on vacation.

I do intend to make some improvements to the internal hex editor (searching for strings / hex values inside a file, better scrolling options) in the following days. I'll migrate the code to citrus (which is basically the new ctrcommon replacement) later on, but this only means under the hood changes.

If you've got some ideas on how to improve CTRXplorer or on features you'd wish to see in there, just write here in the thread.
Maybe hex editing?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe hex editing?
Yeah, I thought about that earlier, and that option is still on my list. However, the proper implementation of features such as insertion / deletion / copy / paste is complicated and will never be as easy to use as on a PC hex editor. Just giving the user the option to edit single values would be easy, but also somewhat limited.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yeah, I thought about that earlier, and that option is still on my list. However, the proper implementation of features such as insertion / deletion / copy / paste is complicated and will never be as easy to use as on a PC hex editor. Just giving the user the option to edit single values would be easy, but also somewhat limited.
It would be perfectly fine for me. Just one byte editing for testing without PC!

Reactions: KaleoOmega

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting met with a black screen upon launching this with the latest version, previous version runs fine (besides not being able to exit, (nothing on screen says how to exit, START doesn't)).
Ninjhax 2.1 (themehax/homemenuhax).

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm getting met with a black screen upon launching this with the latest version, previous version runs fine (besides not being able to exit, (nothing on screen says how to exit, START doesn't)).
Thanks for pointing that out! I guess ctrcommon may be outdated now, duh... I'll look into it!

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Already fixed. Updating to the latest CTRcommon & CTRUlib did the trick. Thanks for pointing it out!

Everyone, download this release if you have trouble running CTRXplorer on Ninjhax 2.x:

CTRXplorer v0.8.7
What's new:
o Compiled with latest CTRcommon & CTRUlib
o Ninjhax v2.1 compatibility

Also, post #1 updated with the newest release information.

Reactions: klear and fmkid

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it needs a graphical UI, it's very capable as it is
Yeah... I got to looking at it after having used Menuhax Manager 2.0 and I seen it is just wraparound text while this actually has a layout to it.

That's enough for what it is. Again it's a great manager

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr