• Likes 46

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be great if there was visual feedback something is Happening. A percentage?

I just deleted a folder with thousands of items in, and it took a while. Others may have quit the process. But I just left out and a few minutes later it had finished the delete.

Javman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am never at my computer and constantly try to download oad things to my n3ds xl without opening the back. If I install, say, the grid homebrew, will it replace existing files?

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It would be great if there was visual feedback something is Happening. A percentage?

I just deleted a folder with thousands of items in, and it took a while. Others may have quit the process. But I just left out and a few minutes later it had finished the delete.
I'd really like that as well. I think GodMode9 has that. But it isn't as fully featured as this one....

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wot? The CTRXplorer hex editor is a little more advanced than the GM9 one, and GM9 doesn't have a text viewer. Other than that, GM9 is more advanced than CTRXplorer in every possible way.
Not comparing that way. Just for basic file management purposes, CTRXplorer is better suited. I should've corrected my post. Sorry if it was misleading.

Reactions: d0k3

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is CTRXplorer still going to be updated, and are requests okay here?
If it is, and they are, could decimal/hex conversion and file comparing features be added to the hex editor?

Also, thank you for this tool.
It is nice to not have to go back and forth with a computer for editing.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can you please add back the start to quit feature for cia version?:shy:
I'll look into it.

Is CTRXplorer still going to be updated, and are requests okay here?
If it is, and they are, could decimal/hex conversion and file comparing features be added to the hex editor?

Also, thank you for this tool.
It is nice to not have to go back and forth with a computer for editing.
To be honest, unlikely, as both would require work. I focus more on GodMode9 these days. GodMode9 does have file copmparison capabilities btw.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, unlikely, as both would require work. I focus more on GodMode9 these days. GodMode9 does have file copmparison capabilities btw.

I see.
About GodMode9, I like the hex editor, but is there a way to start GodMode9 from the home menu?

Also, how does file comparing work in GodMode9?
I could not find anything about it in the menus or guide.
Edit: Never mind. I missed it in the features list.
SHA-256 comparing is not really what I was thinking of for file comparison though.

Last edited by Kotomine Kirei,

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I see.
About GodMode9, I like the hex editor, but is there a way to start GodMode9 from the home menu?

Also, how does file comparing work in GodMode9?
I could not find anything about it in the menus or guide.
Edit: Never mind. I missed it in the features list.
SHA-256 comparing is not really what I was thinking of for file comparison though.
What did you think then? SHA Hash Check is probably most useful, as it also be used to check file integrity (when downloading files from Internet) as downloads may get corrupt while downloading.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you think then? SHA Hash Check is probably most useful, as it also be used to check file integrity (when downloading files from Internet) as downloads may get corrupt while downloading.

I am not trying to say that feature is not useful.

I was thinking of the feature that hex editors have that let you compare the differences between two files since I was talking about the hex editors in CTRXplorer/GodMode9.
The feature is useful for when you are save editing and do not know the exact values of something, or for when you do know, but there are a lot of areas with the same values.
e.g. if you have File1 that has: "1F 74 17 3F 42 0F 51 7D" and compare it with File2 that has: "1F 74 1F 21 42 0F 51 7E", the hex editor will find "17"/"1F", then "3F"/"21", and then "7D"/"7E".

Looking again at what was said, I think that I misunderstood though, and d0k3 might have been just saying that different file comparing features could be added more easily since there is already a feature that compares files.

Reactions: Gaming796

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Blurp.