United States

Creckeryop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have 1 BIG problem lua in bad with billions :( i think i'll do upgrades then make release after that i'll start working on another projects maybe.

Last edited by Creckeryop,
D

Deleted User

Very nice game :), I will download it soon.
I was looking for the best cookie clicker. :D

Ail

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have 1 BIG problem lua in bad with billions :( i think i'll do upgrades then make release after that i'll start working on another projects maybe.
gonna wait your everlasting summer port boy

Attachments

• dazzle.png
    dazzle.png
    12 KB · Views: 293

Creckeryop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

ureru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, today I noticed that 1.0 of this application was released and I was happy and updated to it! But then I went to play it and it said this:

"CONGRATULATIONS YOU BECAME
A BILLIONAIRE
THANKS FOR PLAYING

PRESS A TO END GAME"

I definitely appreciate you making this software, but can you please remove whatever this is so that I can keep playing the game?

Creckeryop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So, today I noticed that 1.0 of this application was released and I was happy and updated to it! But then I went to play it and it said this:

"CONGRATULATIONS YOU BECAME
A BILLIONAIRE
THANKS FOR PLAYING

PRESS A TO END GAME"

I definitely appreciate you making this software, but can you please remove whatever this is so that I can keep playing the game?
The programming language LUA on 3ds bad with BILLIONS, so i just can't do something with this.
You can Reset stats if u wanted to play again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OH, you found a bug.I'll fix it now
EDIT: Done

SoulCoder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 78240
Cookie Clicker for 3ds
Hello guys, it's my first try in programming.I want to know your opinions about that game.

Now about the game:
This is a port of Cookie clicker game for 3ds made on LUA (lpp3ds made by @Rinnegatamante)
Features:
  • Click to play
  • Save your progress
  • Reset your statistic
  • Sell your facilities
  • Upgrade it [NEW]
Controls:
X/Cookie -
Click a cookie
A - Select option / Buy
Y - Upgrade
SELECT - BUY/SELL menu swap
UP(Dpad) , DOWN(Dpad) - Scrolling buy menu
UP(Stick) , DOWN(Stick) - Scrolling facilities
R+L - Screenshot​
  • Something other
Please leave a comment with your idea
Objects in version 1.0 available: Cursors,Grandma,Farm,Mine,Factory,Bank,Temple and Wizard tower
Download (Source/.3dsx) : https://github.com/Creckeryop/3dsCookieClicker
Download (.cia) : https://github.com/Creckeryop/3dsCookieClicker/releases
Game ends at billion...
Pls remove this original one goes on forever
And add more stuff game is great

ureru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I finally started thinking about this and I remembered something important.

For example, in Cookie Clicker, once you are into the billions, how many ones and tens and hundreds of cookies you have stops being all that important. At that point, you are mostly spending millions and billions of cookies at a time, rarely even having a purchase in the thousands. This continues on and on as you play the game, so eventually, you have octillions or even decillions of cookies, but there are still only actually like 6 or 7 digits that are of importance. You never really have more than 6 or 7 digits that are of importance. There is even an option in the settings for shortening the numbers that you see so that it will just display "<number> Million/Billion/Trillion/Quadrillion/etc." instead of all the digits. So, you might see "300.726 million cookies" with that option enabled.

In short, even if you can't fit a number in the trillions range into a variable, it doesn't matter. As long as you can store 6 or 7 digits in a variable, you will always be good to go, and the game will never have to end. You could just have a second variable that counts how many digits are being ignored. That second variable should never become too large to fit because, for example, even if you're in the decillions range, that variable would still only be storing something like a 30. It might technically be possible to outstrip the game's capacity by skipping over a billion digits, but that doesn't seem like something that most people would do. And you don't even have to display "billion/trillion/quadrillion/etc." after the number if you don't want to, you could even just display the number of digits that are being skipped.

This code change seems like it would be fairly easy to implement too, unless if I'm mistaken? I mean, I'm not just saying that to try and persuade you to do it, it really does look like a pretty easy change to me. But I know I could be mistaken.

Reactions: Creckeryop

Creckeryop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I finally started thinking about this and I remembered something important.

For example, in Cookie Clicker, once you are into the billions, how many ones and tens and hundreds of cookies you have stops being all that important. At that point, you are mostly spending millions and billions of cookies at a time, rarely even having a purchase in the thousands. This continues on and on as you play the game, so eventually, you have octillions or even decillions of cookies, but there are still only actually like 6 or 7 digits that are of importance. You never really have more than 6 or 7 digits that are of importance. There is even an option in the settings for shortening the numbers that you see so that it will just display "<number> Million/Billion/Trillion/Quadrillion/etc." instead of all the digits. So, you might see "300.726 million cookies" with that option enabled.

In short, even if you can't fit a number in the trillions range into a variable, it doesn't matter. As long as you can store 6 or 7 digits in a variable, you will always be good to go, and the game will never have to end. You could just have a second variable that counts how many digits are being ignored. That second variable should never become too large to fit because, for example, even if you're in the decillions range, that variable would still only be storing something like a 30. It might technically be possible to outstrip the game's capacity by skipping over a billion digits, but that doesn't seem like something that most people would do. And you don't even have to display "billion/trillion/quadrillion/etc." after the number if you don't want to, you could even just display the number of digits that are being skipped.

This code change seems like it would be fairly easy to implement too, unless if I'm mistaken? I mean, I'm not just saying that to try and persuade you to do it, it really does look like a pretty easy change to me. But I know I could be mistaken.
i already thought about it, but i am too lazy
I plan to rewrite all the code

Uupo03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
This is really good, but there is one thing that I don't like. It's that you can't continue after it says you became a billionaire, I couldn't even buy the wizard since I left it for a little while to collect cookies and I don't really want to reset my save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)