Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
you can reload dlc? i dont know how explain this sorry but i give try
1.i used dlcs in valentia and i want download pichforks like the first time you put dlc in freeshop
2.and use this method for exploit ¿its possible?

I don't really get what you mean, but you can delete and re-download a dlc. Dunno what you wanna do with that tho.

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
because i "recieve" the dlc and i want "re-recieve" over again as the first time but i re-download and i comment what happens thanks reply

Nope, you can't do that. Received data is saved in-game, so even if you re-download the dlc it won't give you anything extra.

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to supply keys without hosting them online? If we can't link a certain site here that has keys because legality is questionable, wouldn't hosting keys yourself also be legally questionable? Especially since uploaders are far more likely to be in legal trouble than downloaders. It makes the inability to read your own keys file on your SD card a pretty major flaw.

xXPaulMCXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to supply keys without hosting them online? If we can't link a certain site here that has keys because legality is questionable, wouldn't hosting keys yourself also be legally questionable? Especially since uploaders are far more likely to be in legal trouble than downloaders. It makes the inability to read your own keys file on your SD card a pretty major flaw.
there's a difference between private hosting and public hosting ^^

Gesendet von meinem SM-A310F mit Tapatalk

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a quick question regarding being banned from using this app. I have done a lot of reading and understand that nothing is fool proof. But I have read that by installing freeshop as a CIA and launching it from my home menu that I could possibly be banned that way since it will log that I am using a program that does not exist. But if I had a .3dx version of said program and launched it as another app that it was injected into using the Rosalina menu that Nintendo should never know that I was using this app. So I was wondering what help you could give me to do this since most everything else I've read regarding FreeShop has you install it as a CIA. Like if I injected FreeShop into another app, would it permanently stay there? Would it update itself automatically like the cia would or would I have to update it manually? Is there anything else I need to know when trying to do it this way that I should be aware of? Thanks in advance for you help.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I had a quick question regarding being banned from using this app. I have done a lot of reading and understand that nothing is fool proof. But I have read that by installing freeshop as a CIA and launching it from my home menu that I could possibly be banned that way since it will log that I am using a program that does not exist. But if I had a .3dx version of said program and launched it as another app that it was injected into using the Rosalina menu that Nintendo should never know that I was using this app. So I was wondering what help you could give me to do this since most everything else I've read regarding FreeShop has you install it as a CIA. Like if I injected FreeShop into another app, would it permanently stay there? Would it update itself automatically like the cia would or would I have to update it manually? Is there anything else I need to know when trying to do it this way that I should be aware of? Thanks in advance for you help.
Run it as a 3dsx file from the homebrew launcher using Rosalina. You should know how to do this if you followed the guide in the last couple of months, otherwise if you are using A9LH follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s and if you're using Luma 7.1 then follow https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s. After than follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run it as a 3dsx file from the homebrew launcher using Rosalina. You should know how to do this if you followed the guide in the last couple of months, otherwise if you are using A9LH follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s and if you're using Luma 7.1 then follow https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s. After than follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup
I thought I had to launch .3dsx file through the Download Play app using the Rosalina Menu. I do have a fully up to date 3DS using the 3ds.guide website. I just never knew how to use all the new features. But either it didn't explain it well or I just missed it if I could just start FreeShop.3dsx from the Homebrew Launcher app instead.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got confused. I never used the Rosalina Menu before. I thought I had to inject FreeShop into the Download Play. But now I see that I'm injecting the HomeBrew Launcher into Download Play and then launching FreeShop from there. So launching FreeShop in this way should be safer (in theory), correct? Also, a bit off topic, but is this the way we should be launching all our homebrew now? Like should I stop using cias and strictly use the .3dsx files for each homebrew I want to use? Are there any pros and cons between using the cia vs the 3dsx file. Like for example with FreeShop? Thank you.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I got confused. I never used the Rosalina Menu before. I thought I had to inject FreeShop into the Download Play. But now I see that I'm injecting the HomeBrew Launcher into Download Play and then launching FreeShop from there. So launching FreeShop in this way should be safer (in theory), correct? Also, a bit off topic, but is this the way we should be launching all our homebrew now? Like should I stop using cias and strictly use the .3dsx files for each homebrew I want to use? Are there any pros and cons between using the cia vs the 3dsx file. Like for example with FreeShop? Thank you.
Yes, that's right.
If you want to be safer from bans you can do this, but it isn't proven what causes bans so it's up to you.
The downsides of using 3dsx homebrew only are that 1. it's a little slower to use and 2. some 3dsx apps don't perform as well as their cia counterparts.

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for me dont show list game from freeshop and crash on exit. already reinstall !
If it doesn't show you the game list, did you remember to scan in the QR code from that site for your title keys? As for the crash on exit, the devs haven't been able to reproduce it, but we've supplied them with logs (I uploaded mine the other day). I will be investigating this myself, but I'm lazy and I procrastinate so don't expect anything from me.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's right.
If you want to be safer from bans you can do this, but it isn't proven what causes bans so it's up to you.
The downsides of using 3dsx homebrew only are that 1. it's a little slower to use and 2. some 3dsx apps don't perform as well as their cia counterparts.

Will the .3dsx file update itself like the installed cia will? Also, is there any issues with having both the cia installed and using the. 3dsx file? Like if I'm planning to only use the .3dsx version from here on out will I have to manually update it with each new release and should I delete the cia from the home screen? Thank you.

Last edited by Clutz450,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Will the .3dsx file update itself like the installed cia will? Also, is there any issues with having both the cia installed and using the. 3dsx file? Like if I'm planning to only use the .3dsx version from here on out will I have to manually update it with each new release and should I delete the cia from the home screen? Thank you.
I'm not sure actually. These are things I'd like to know myself! Hopefully someone can answer

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm not sure actually. These are things I'd like to know myself! Hopefully someone can answer
Yes it will, no issue for using both.
Yes, manually update and no, you dont have to delete cia

Reactions: Clutz450

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 3dsx will update itself like the cia. Note that the cia only update the cia and the 3dsx only update the 3dsx.
There will be probably no issue as you can't use them both at the same time.
You don't have to delete the cia but why keep it if you're only using the 3dsx?

Reactions: Quantumcat

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The 3dsx will update itself like the cia. Note that the cia only update the cia and the 3dsx only update the 3dsx.
There will be probably no issue as you can't use them both at the same time.
You don't have to delete the cia but why keep it if you're only using the 3dsx?
ARE YOU JOKING? I have 1 update for fire emblem and pokemon, when I run games it 's show updated.
OFC if they from same region and have same game id, duh

Last edited by k7ra,
Reactions: MicrosoftBug

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0