Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

resetes12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I suggest changing the color of the menus? Black background and white text makes my eyes hurt a lot, and I'm probably not the only one.

Either way, works great. Good work.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
We have any proof this is the same guy? New (free) domain, new host, HTTPS not set up, different server config. Seems sketchy.

Well the server is down on the original ip address and thus the hosts file trick no longer works. Other than that, I don't see how it is possible to determine if it is the same guy since apparently nobody knows who the original guy is or how to contact him.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
We have any proof this is the same guy? New (free) domain, new host, HTTPS not set up, different server config. Seems sketchy.
the server backend code appears to be intact so i don't see how the new site has a different owner unless you're willing to entertain site hacking theories. (and the bitcoin address is the same)

Last edited by zoogie,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the server backend code appears to be intact so i don't see how the new site has a different owner unless you're willing to entertain site hacking theories.
Well, it's a pretty simple layout/backend, not hard to clone in a day. I'm just concerned about a honeypot-style box being spun up as a replacement.

I'm going to hold off on changing anything until I atleast have confirmation new keys are getting encrypted, as it is there's one decrypted key that wasn't there when the old site went down, so we'll see how long/if that gets encrypted.

Reactions: zoogie

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it's a pretty simple layout/backend, not hard to clone in a day. I'm just concerned about a honeypot-style box being spun up as a replacement.

I'm going to hold off on changing anything until I atleast have confirmation new keys are getting encrypted, as it is there's one decrypted key that wasn't there when the old site went down, so we'll see how long/if that gets encrypted.

I doubt Ninty is even capable of doing something like that would much less willing go to the trouble of doing so. If they were going to do honeypot type stuff then why wouldn't they have done so with download links posted on the iso/chaos sites?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt Ninty is even capable of doing something like that would much less willing go to the trouble of doing so. If they were going to do honeypot type stuff then why wouldn't they have done so with download links posted on the iso/chaos sites?
Didn't say I thought Nintendo would do it, just someone :)

I however have verification that the same guy is running the new site, so it's all good! :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok so it's as simple as updating the new domain, or is the fact that it doesn't support https a real problem that we should wait to get fixed by the guy who runs the domain? :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so it's as simple as updating the new domain, or is the fact that it doesn't support https a real problem that we should wait to get fixed by the guy who runs the domain? :)
HTTP shouldn't cause an issue. I'd recommend moving the URL out to a file though, so it's easier to fix this in the future. I'll get it done this weekend if it's not fixed by then

Reactions: cearp and ATofix

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) It's the same person. Yes you can prove it. Read here -> https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/issues/126

2) It is a complete pain in the butt to figure out the right commits to build this thing, but I've done the work for you. Use this until/unless the site changes again.

3) You're welcome :P

Attachments

• CIAngel.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 283
  • CIAngel_hbc.zip
    568.6 KB · Views: 275

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A new version of CIAngel has been released with the latest commits in it:

CIAngel 0.81
Development Changes:
  • Update 'buildtools' external
  • Update to build with the latest ctrulib/devkitARM
User Changes:
  • New 'Homebrew' startup screen
  • Update URL to new site.
  • Allow overriding the URL for wings.json with a /CIAngel/source.txt file (Single line, URL to the json_enc file)
  • Use the system keyboard instead of a custom software keyboard
This should fix the issues people were having with updating their wings.json files.

The QR code in the first post, and on the GitHub README have both been updated.
CIAngel.php

Last edited by Drakia,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
A new version of CIAngel has been released with the latest commits in it:

CIAngel 0.81
Development Changes:
  • Update 'buildtools' external
  • Update to build with the latest ctrulib/devkitARM
User Changes:
  • New 'Homebrew' startup screen
  • Update URL to new site.
  • Allow overriding the URL for wings.json with a /CIAngel/source.txt file (Single line, URL to the json_enc file)
  • Use the system keyboard instead of a custom software keyboard
This should fix the issues people were having with updating their wings.json files.

The QR code in the first post, and on the GitHub README have both been updated.
CIAngel.php
I updated titledb.com for you.

Reactions: Drakia

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
beautiful, thanks for the update!
system keyboard is really slick.
That was a pull request you merged in a while back, we just never got around to making a new release, hah!
Hopefully the new method of overwriting the key url means we won't have any more downtime due to website changes in the future :)

Reactions: cearp

jockep

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nice thanks, was trying to compile it myself but got some error with the big endian, small endian typedef enum gah. :)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that didn't take very long. Wish I had the time and skill to do that myself, but I assume (from the number in my attachments) that I at least had the chance to help out 80 or so people before the update :grog:

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, that didn't take very long. Wish I had the time and skill to do that myself, but I assume (from the number in my attachments) that I at least had the chance to help out 80 or so people before the update :grog:

I had a version working a little while ago (via hex editing the code.bin rather than messing with the source code) and was going to create a code.ips but before I could get around to creating and testing it 0.81 was released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM