• Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

Lightpost7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally managed to remove Super Mario 3D World's Depth of Field blur effect and it definitely made the game a lot more beautiful thanks to Alexsama's Graphic Pack tweaks!

The distant towers in Castle Courses are now as crisp and sharp as the foreground objects and you'll notice it immediately in the first Bowser fight. The sea also looks a lot better without the blur.

I just noticed a bug in that first Bowser battle though, the camera no longer forces you to run toward Bowser so you can just stay put as long as you like and so will Bowser. You eventually still need to move forward though because Bowser will stop throwing bombs after getting hit a certain number of times. He only starts throwing it after you reach certain distances.

There's also a bug in the first Plessie Course where his animation freezes accompanied by a whooshing sound effect just right after jumping into the water from the starting position. You can't jump when that happens and he just phases through boost pads but you can still steer him. Bumping enemies unfreezes him. I think the bug only occurs in the area before the first Green Star.

Also, for those who aren't used to really vivid colors like the ones this game uses / for people who are too sensitive to brightness like me, you can Google "Saturation Toggler". It's a small app that lets you automatically de-saturate your monitor colors in just a press of a hotkey. It was made for CS:GO players who want to make the game's color more vivid but you can also use it to do the opposite in this game.
I can now play the game a lot longer without getting teary-eyed and headaches.

It'd be nice though if someone can make a Graphic Pack tweak to de-saturate the game itself so I won't have to really on a program, that is if it's possible to tweak it. Or at least something that dims the light effects this game uses.

Last edited by Lightpost7,

myowfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if somebody said this but wouldn't it be easier if we could just use multiples?

Like instead of

Code:
[TextureRedefine]
width = 1280
height = 720
overwriteWidth = 3840
overwriteHeight = 2160

it could be

Code:
[TextureRedefine] # zoomed in
width = 1280
height = 720
multiplyBy = 3

It could even be a global rule and all other rules just list exceptions to the rule.

The global rule could technically just be added to the UI instead of being put in rule files. Then there wouldn't need to be separate files for 1080p, 1440p, 2160p, etc.

Just set 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. in the UI and the rule files will take care of what NOT to scale.

Last edited by myowfriend,

Tx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Haven't heard of this issue before, but if you did click Save and it STILL doesn't work, here are a few shots in the dark:

- Do you run the emulator from a limited Windows account? (Guest / non-admin account with limited abilities to save)

- Did you put Cemu in a folder where Windows might restrict saving/modifying files? (e.g. C:/Program Files/Some folder)

- Have you tried reinstalling Cemu? Or perhaps even tried an older version?

hi!

- no its full W10 (save works flawless for everything else, main account)

- no

- yes ..new folder n everything

thx

Last edited by Tx3,

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did say I'd look into it. ^_^

At this point I'm not sure if this particular issue can be fixed without editing shaders/modifying bloom tbh. When I fixed heatwaves earlier it had cause another issue elsewhere, and when I fixed the previous "new" issue as a result it also seems to have effected bloom. Though it's usually not that noticeable, ofc you could always ignore/remove the rule that effects bloom so it won't be effected, but you end up with certain stages with missing/black backgrounds. (and yes, every value has to be scaled accordingly)
Heres 5K SM3DW without my quarter res alpha rule-

Are you by any chance using catalyst/pre-opengl 4.5 drivers? (since it was suggested by others) I haven't seen that issue reported in quite a while, and as far as I'm aware the only AMD issues in Xeno is brightness in general and minor artifacting specific to Polaris/GCN4 GPUs. (related to memory limit)
The latter has a workaround via an optional graphic pack that seems to work for others btw.

Hm, maybe it's similar to that multiple offset bloom issue in Dolphin which seems to be created by multiplying the resolution and cannot really be fixed (apart from disabling bloom altogether)...?

ww97

Wajiro
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Splatoon (EU) still freezes after completing the tutorial on 1.7.0. I did almost everything: Used 1080p pack, downloaded a tutorial bypass save, but that also won't run. The only thing that I did not is download its update from NUSGrabber.

Nicat93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Used NVIDIA NSIGHT to check out all the active textures. Simple enough, but you don't get back the Wii U texture format type. If you want to ignore formats, dumping textures from cemu should include their formats.
ZJZtTyY.png
Hey, I've been trying to get this window in Nsight but all I could find was "Launch with Nsight HUD 5.2", I have VS2015 installed. I can't find how to get connection between VS2015 Nsight and Cemu. Could you please explain how to get it working or just point me to needed documentation/guide?

Slashㅤ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

terrible tutorial, if I were you I would've also talked about the issues about textures using the same res and how to fix those (ex MK8 bootup & sm3dw map, but exzap already fixed those). also "you can go up to 4k" is a lie, you can go up to 8k, 16k, 32k, sky's the limit, you can go even lower which slightly improves performance

Last edited by Slashㅤ,

gbatempaccount

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm impressed with how far this emulator has come! I'm really hoping compatibility will be next down the pike. Particularly paper mario color splash. It would be amazing to play that game in 1080p/4K...

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CEMU 1.7.0 always stop working when I try to load a rpx file (Fatal Frame V) what can I do?

CustomEyeBrows

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Slash or Darkemaste
Using the 1080p/2k or 4k graphic pack for CTTT (via the SMW3D rules.txt) is causing some particles to render incorrectly on multiple levels (See in spoiler)
kXhwm55.png

If i just use the code below and nothing else, the issue goes away, but the same particles then have the issue of flickering.
Code:
[TextureRedefine]
formatsExcluded = 0x41A # exclude title screen
width = 1280
height = 720
overwriteWidth = 3840
overwriteHeight = 2160

Last edited by CustomEyeBrows,

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slash or Darkemaste
Using the 1080p/2k or 4k graphic pack for CTTT (via the SMW3D rules.txt) is causing some particles to render incorrectly on multiple levels (See in spoiler)
kXhwm55.png

If i just use the code below and nothing else, the issue goes away, but the same particles then have the issue of flickering.
Code:
[TextureRedefine]
formatsExcluded = 0x41A # exclude title screen
width = 1280
height = 720
overwriteWidth = 3840
overwriteHeight = 2160

This is the same issue, Darkemaster and I were talking about a page back. I now just use Alexsama's file to disable the bloom effect.

I did say I'd look into it. ^_^

At this point I'm not sure if this particular issue can be fixed without editing shaders/modifying bloom tbh. When I fixed heatwaves earlier it had cause another issue elsewhere, and when I fixed the previous "new" issue as a result it also seems to have effected bloom. Though it's usually not that noticeable, ofc you could always ignore/remove the rule that effects bloom so it won't be effected, but you end up with certain stages with missing/black backgrounds. (and yes, every value has to be scaled accordingly)
Heres 5K SM3DW without my quarter res alpha rule-
Eid8Bbh.png

Are you by any chance using catalyst/pre-opengl 4.5 drivers? (since it was suggested by others) I haven't seen that issue reported in quite a while, and as far as I'm aware the only AMD issues in Xeno is brightness in general and minor artifacting specific to Polaris/GCN4 GPUs. (related to memory limit)
The latter has a workaround via an optional graphic pack that seems to work for others btw.

Last edited by StripTheSoul,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.