• Replies 21,660
  • Likes 283

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best solution is what @Exzap explained. Quote:
"The next step would be to make the cached shaders device and version independent. This would allow users to compile and upload large shader caches for others to use."

Games use multiple shaders, and for them to load in the emulator you likely need to play the game. Having the ability to upload shaders would be extreemly useful although accomplishing this likely would be difficult as every emulator version requires shaders to re cache, or updating graphic drivers, ect.

JanetMerai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who thinks Exzap should take a few months to build something big and stable?

This is becoming a thing and I think time would permit a lot of focused and solid work to be done.

Just my thoughts.

shanzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one who thinks Exzap should take a few months to build something big and stable?

This is becoming a thing and I think time would permit a lot of focused and solid work to be done.

Just my thoughts.
I agree it would improve it long term but no chance he'd sacrifice the patreon. Cemu is in a new territory for an emulator. It is bizarre that exzap will financially benefit from drip feeding improvement much like GPU manufacturers do. I don't think he is doing this because the improvents are coming quicker than I've ever seen in any other emulator.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

StripTheSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, (ignoring the much discussed patreon aspect) nightlies - or in this case weeklies - are nothing special in emulator development. This way people can see the little steps of the emu improving (which for me personally is actually more interesting than playing eventually) and report issues which then helps the development along.

Reactions: Darkemaste

pol40

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
At the actual rate of progress in 2 months Exzap is capable of emulating the Nintendo NX :rofl2:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

New Super Mario Bros. U + Luigi U compilation works too.

2a6pcav.jpg

However the Extra Videos don't work:

29v1kld.jpg

Last edited by pol40,

SirGarmaples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Is cemu.info down? It looks like it's down for me. Anyways, SM3DW has a huge performance boost for me in 1.5.0 or 1.5.1 compared to 1.4.1 or 1.4.2.

Last edited by SirGarmaples,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a