• Replies 21,660
  • Likes 283

Nealio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome job devs. I wasn't expecting audio to be implemented anytime soon.

Looks like I got beat to posting videos of these games... but here are a couple different videos anyways running Mario Kart 8 and New Super Mario Bros. U with audio on Cemu 1.2.0. Specs: i7-4770 / GTX 970.

Last edited by Nealio,

TouN1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Super Mario Maker

Tutorial level works. You can play it through.
Sound works perfectly no sound glitches.
Blocks don't show up but enemies do.

FPS:
start screen 58-60,
level screen 15-18,
editor screen 7-12,
Save screen 18-20.

Cemu 1.2.0 SMM editor screen.png

Cemu 1.2.0 SMM Play screen.png

Cemu 1.2.0 SMM Save screen.png

No save yet. emulator crash.

Intel Xeon E5450 @3.00GHz
5 GB ram DDR2
Nvidia GTX970
Windows Ultimate 64Bit

Last edited by TouN1,

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Exzap I noticed audio is Asynchronous right now. I understand why you decided to use Asynchronous audio, but are you willing to implement Synchronous audio when speeds become more playable?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nice update!! Thanks exzap

Just one question is it possible to debu a game in cemu to see where it crashes and why ? I just tried SM3DW and it plays home menu sound very fine and it appears as if though there is a black little bit of coloured screen, but then it crashes ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just one question is it possible to debug a game in cemu to see where it crashes and why ? I just tried SM3DW and it plays home menu sound very fine and it appears as if though there is a black little bit of coloured screen, but then it crashes ?

t65xwing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My quick observations for 1.2

Angry Birds: Star Wars - No changes - Boots, then gets stuck on an infinite black screen
Bayonetta 1 - No changes - Crash on load
Captain Toad - No changes - Crash on load
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - No changes - See one of my previous posts on info on Deus Ex, which gets in-game. From 3 to 4 fps in-game
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - No Changes - Infinite black screen after starting the campaign
Ducktales Rematered - No Changes - Infinite stuck on loading.
Game & Wario - No changes - Crash on load
Hyrule Warriors - No changes - Crash on load
Injustice Gods Among Us - No changes - Infinite stuck on loading.
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - No changes - Crash on selecting game-mode
Lego Marvel Super Heroes - Minor changes - Now shows more loading screen stuff, though all is still broken.
44405f5c90.jpg

c8d6d4f404.jpg
Mario & Sonic Olympic Sochi 2014 - No changes - Infinite loading
Mario Kart 8 - Changes - SOUND! Mario Kart Stadium from 3-11 FPS to 10-14 FPS, It's actually pretty playable now.
Mario Party 10 - No changes - Crash on load
Mass Effect 3 - No changes - Crash on load
Monster Hunter 3 - No changes - Boots, but gets stuck on an infinite black screen
NES Remix - No changes - Ges ingame and appears fully playable if it weren't for the low framerate
New Super Luigi U - No changes - Crash after 'Press 2' to try to get in the menu
New Super Mario Bros U - No changes - Crash after 'Press 2' to try to get in the menu
Nintendoland - Changes - Has sound added which appears to be perfect, Allows to get much further. Text on Backbuffer, image on Framebuffer 0 (After a certain point has to switch to FB 4)
3308933376.png
c7fa02bde2.jpg
82f3e6a37a.jpg
0d4b03f5da.jpg
43efe73296.jpg
44778bf09e.jpg
bc8efdcb36.jpg
Sonic All Stars Racing - No changes - Stuck on loading
Splatoon - Changes - THERE IS SOUND! From 11 to 13,5 fps
Super Mario 3D World - No changes - Crash after supported controllers screen.
Super Smash Bros - Minor changes - It boots once again, showing a slightly flickering screen, it goes to a full black screen after a few minutes, at which point it's stuck.
Wii Party U - No changes - Crash on Load
Wonderful 101 - Minor Changes - It now boots into an infinite black screen.
Yoshi's Wooly World - Minor changes - It boots once again, gets to an infinite black screen after it's finished loading.
2449a51bf8.jpg
Xenoblade Chronicles X - Changes - Configure the D-pad to navigate through the menu's, plays the cutscene after Character Creation. In-game cutscene is so broken there's no point in continuing. Backbuffer has subs. Framebuffer 28 shows an image. It's even worse than Deus Ex. At some point you ave to enter your name with the gamepad. I don't think you can progress further.
b8d1e4bff9.jpg

5971012131.png

24070e8d07.jpg
ZombiU - No changes - Crash on Load

Last edited by t65xwing,

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country
What is wrong with splatoon lol, its like you are stuck with enemy ink in the beginning
Happens on all maps with ink, even the training ones. Inkopolis is obviously fine.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - No changes - Can't really do much here until we can navigate through the menu.
You can navigate through the menus, you need to use the dpad which is newly configurable. The only sounds working are the menu ones on a weird delay - if you try to hear Adam Howden's perfect voice it plays in 200x electronic buzz slowmo.

Reactions: Kristiqn5

t65xwing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can navigate through the menus, you need to use the dpad which is newly configurable. The only sounds working are the menu ones on a weird delay - if you try to hear Adam Howden's perfect voice it plays in 200x electronic buzz slowmo.

Going through it now, will edit that one later as soon as I've gotten to a point where it crashes or something. Thanks!

Giogiu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My quick observations for 1.2
New Super Luigi U - No changes - Crash after 'Press 2' to try to get in the menu
New Super Mario Bros U - No changes - Crash after 'Press 2' to try to get in the menu

For these games only you nedd to use uwizard and download the appropriate NUS content and check decrypt content , you should get 2 files called FFLResHigh.dat and FFLResHighLG.dat in the downloaded folder , dublicate them and rename second files from FFLResHigh.dat and FFLResHighLG.dat to FFLResMiddle.dat and FFLResMiddleLG.dat and you should get those files " FFLResHigh.dat FFLResHighLG.dat FFLResMiddle.dat FFLResMiddleLG.dat " after that you should paste them in mlc01\sys\title\0005001b\10056000\content\ which is located in cemu folder and both games shouldn't be crashing now
this is valid boot for
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS U and NEW SUPER LUIGI U
in this mode you can run these two fantastic games at 30fps constantly.

Last edited by Giogiu,

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Will this new alleged IOSU exploit rapidly expand Cemus development?

I hope so :D, i'm thinking of getting a High end gaming pc either 2016/2017
If pcs are able to emulate them at 30/60fps in 2 years with good hardware, it will be really awesome

I wonder how the 3ds emulator development is going

What is wrong with splatoon lol, its like you are stuck with enemy ink in the beginning

Nice to see splatoon running on the emulator, definetly still needs some work but its a good start

t65xwing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For these games only you nedd to use uwizard and download the appropriate NUS content and check decrypt content , you should get 2 files called FFLResHigh.dat and FFLResHighLG.dat in the downloaded folder , dublicate them and rename second files from FFLResHigh.dat and FFLResHighLG.dat to FFLResMiddle.dat and FFLResMiddleLG.dat and you should get those files " FFLResHigh.dat FFLResHighLG.dat FFLResMiddle.dat FFLResMiddleLG.dat " after that you should paste them in mlc01\sys\title\0005001b\10056000\content\ which is located in cemu folder and both games shouldn't be crashing now
this is valid boot for
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS U and NEW SUPER LUIGI U
in this mode you can run these two fantastic games at 30fps constantly.

As I said before, I'm not going to use a workaround to get these games working.

Exzap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Exzap I noticed audio is Asynchronous right now. I understand why you decided to use Asynchronous audio, but are you willing to implement Synchronous audio when speeds become more playable?
It's the same on a real console. Audio is generated (asynchronously) by the DSP or a CPU thread and it's up to the game to sync the audio playback with the events on screen. Apparently most games assume a fluent framerate and ignore the risk of audio/video desync. The issue will fix itself as Cemu becomes faster.

Just one question is it possible to debu a game in cemu to see where it crashes and why ? I just tried SM3DW and it plays home menu sound very fine and it appears as if though there is a black little bit of coloured screen, but then it crashes ?
Nope, there are no debugging tools yet. I might add detailed crash log output in the future.

Will this new alleged IOSU exploit rapidly expand Cemus development?
No. Cemu doesn't care about IOSU, 99% of things that are relevant to emulation happen on the PPC side.

As I said before, I'm not going to use a workaround to get these games working.
To be fair, it's not really a workaround. Those are copyrighted files that are required by specific games and obviously I can't bundle them with Cemu. It's similar to how some emulators require bios files before you can run anything.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Kristiqn5 , @t65xwing
Well, that sounds weird to me, if you have a copy of the Original disc shouldn't that run also?
Also for testing purposes i think it is better to use 1:1 copies everytime instead of changing stuff.
If you forfet to the changes while you are repoting on a game, the developer would have a hard time finding out the bugs.
I think that is also the point of t65xwing.

Reactions: Growlith1223

JorrickL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With XB:X you have to enter your name, I don't think it's possible (without going through all 150 framebuffers) to do this.
HjUPtky.png

Last edited by JorrickL,

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think he has the Nintendo software keyboard implemented(it's copyrighted), so you'd have no way to enter your name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs