• Start date
  • Views 7,181,835
  • Replies 21,660
  • Likes 283

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I frankly don't care about waiting and I don't care about people paying to get it early etc, I just think the inclusion of DRM in the emulator is hilarious and makes the whole project look like a joke.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't do post about it, so clearly you DO care. If you don't like it, vote with your feet and leave. No one here is interested in your opinion.

Reactions: Xalphenos

leelaa16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not that you have a difference of opinion, it's just that your opinion is objectively invalid
But it isn't. My opinion is valid. DRM in an emulator is comical. It's never been done before and brings in a lot of irony. It's pretty valid. It's not like I'm the only one that thinks this, most of the people in the emulation community think this. Am I going to bitch about it and ask it be removed, nope. Like I said, I don't mind the seven day wait, and honestly, I like watching the improvements video and it gives me a good view of what to expect from the new release. But yes, my opinion is a pretty valid one. DRM in an emulator that is used to play mostly illegally downloaded games is comical.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you didn't care, you wouldn't do post about it, so clearly you DO care. If you don't like it, vote with your feet and leave. No one here is interested in your opinion.
I care about this emulator, I don't care about the DRM. I seen someones post and thought I would give my opinion on it. And who do you think you are thinking you speaking for everyone in this forum? I'm pretty sure there are people who are part of this forum who do care about the DRM.
Look at you all, you're like some strange twisted fanboys who think people should be silenced when they don't agree. I've seen a few of your posts and you seem like the most arrogant user in this forum. You're very quick to shoot down complaints or issues people have. Please, carry on trying to be important as you've obviously failed in life and no one outside of this forum obviously takes you seriously.

Last edited by leelaa16,
Reactions: NiagA and toto621

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it isn't. My opinion is valid. DRM in an emulator is comical. It's never been done before and brings in a lot of irony. It's pretty valid. It's not like I'm the only one that thinks this, most of the people in the emulation community think this. Am I going to bitch about it and ask it be removed, nope. Like I said, I don't mind the seven day wait, and honestly, I like watching the improvements video and it gives me a good view of what to expect from the new release. But yes, my opinion is a pretty valid one. DRM in an emulator that is used to play mostly illegally downloaded games is comical.
Clearly you've never used Drastic. And, contrary to that statement, you've kind of been bitching in a way that implies you want it removed

Reactions: Xalphenos

leelaa16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Clearly you've never used Drastic. And, contrary to that statement, you've kind of been bitching in a way that implies you want it removed
I couldn't care less if it's removed. Like I said, it's the irony of the situation that I find funny. The devs needs supporting for this as it's obviously taking up a lot of there time. So patreon makes sense, and patreon users getting rewards for supporting is more than acceptable. But DRM in an emulator, it just seems so funny and just not right. If the DRM was removed it's not like I'd be jumping to pirate it, as pirating an emulator seems much much worse than an emulator with DRM, which is already pretty low.

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
If the DRM was removed it's not like I'd be jumping to pirate it, as pirating an emulator seems much much worse than an emulator with DRM, which is already pretty low.

But that's WHY it has DRM. People were leaking the Patron version all over the place, affecting the donations the devs were receiving. As this is Exzap's JOB, he decided he needed to protect that, as is his right.

If you don't like that, you are free to write your own WiiU emulator.

leelaa16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But that's WHY it has DRM. People were leaking the Patron version all over the place, affecting the donations the devs were receiving. As this is Exzap's JOB, he decided he needed to protect that, as is his right.

Also if I don't like that, I'm free to write my opinion. Deal with it.

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL. Well I guess it can lead to some funny situations where I see people arguing with no one. I'm not even tempted a little bit to find out who it is though. I like to think shinox is raging on the other end.

But cemu doesn't have drm. I could understand some of the butthurt if cemu required everyone to pay to use it like bleem or the no$emulators from the past. I could see people getting upset if cemu remained patron only for months, years even like pj64 did. But 7 days and you get a free public release with absolutely no drm. People complaining about that are just butthurt that they can't get it 7 days earlier for free. Early access to cemu is a perfectly valid incentive to donate. And I'm glad they at lest try to protect it for those willing to donate.

I'm telling you guys. Free yourself from internet drama and ignore him. All of his posts have been the same here. You won't be missing anything. Anyway I'm going to toss some likes at you anyway.

Last edited by Xalphenos,

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
Qcdhnrp.jpg

leelaa16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And I'm free to respond to it just as I choose to. Deal with it.
Oh but it's dealt with, it seems you would be the one who is struggling to deal with things. Telling people to leave the forum because they had a difference of opinion. Comical, your attitude stinks frankly. When I state my opinion I know some people won't agree and will reply as to why they disagree with me and I'm fine with that. it's good to talk about things.
You on the other hand are really struggling aren't you. Telling people to leave, lmao.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you say it is affecting the 33k a month in donations they are receiving? That's 400k a year....to develop (quite slow too) an emulator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...